• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he isn't? Pretty sure there were fighting game characters before him man. Sure he's iconic, but he's just so bland I'm surprised that people wanted him in Smash. Of all the interesting and unique characters they could have chosen, and already did with megaman, they wanted Ryu. I don't get it.
Haha, what? What fighting game existed before Street Fighter?

Oh look, instead of adding somebody interesting to the roster they decided to go with the dullest fighting game protagonist of all time when his company already has a much more influential representative. Wonderful. At least roy's new design looks good.

Streetfighter is a slightly more important series than megaman, having basically defined the basics of an entire genre (I might be about to be shot down on that), and has more sales as a franchise. And is definitely more relevant right now
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/salesdata.html

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Hype for the Awkward Zombie's strip.
Also

HOW DID THIS LEAK

openrob

Isn't it a bit weird that Ryu is in Smash, but SF5 is not on the console?
I mean Project x Zone 2 isn't that big of a deal right?

_____ Vs Capcom for Wii U incoming?

Oh look, instead of adding somebody interesting to the roster they decided to go with the dullest fighting game protagonist of all time when his company already has a much more influential representative. Wonderful. At least roy's new design looks good.

Oh bitch, bitch, bitch.

TP

nespdzfrkz.PNG

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/39opwc/roy_and_ryu_confirmed_for_smash/

webm in case they go down

https://d.maxfile.ro/xmsdtztxru.webm

https://d.maxfile.ro/zmtnfjjepk.webm

JazzmanZ

Here's how they leaked, the japanese version of smash got the new patch early and these videos as well as information about the new stages, music and trophies were included with it.

Some people just hacked into the files and found all this, hence the leak.

AdanVC

What the frak? How did these leak??

Well that ruins the excitement for tomorrow

Not at all. Ryu and Roy will probably have an awesome presentation video like Megaman and the rest of the newcomers so there's still that to look forward and more updates and features that will be added to the game probably.

Ezalc

Yup, major disappointment with Roys inclusion, so many better potential characters.
You could at least have tried with this one dude. Can't even flip a comment properly smh.

While I agree, ryu is boring fightman. And I think chun li would be way more interesting. And Ryu is often the least interesting guy in street fighter

Ryu is WAY more capcoms mascot than megaman, and it makes sense he's in this game.

I disagree that it makes sense, they already have megaman there's no need for ryu in there at all, especially given his completely stale "character". Put in somebody like Simon Belmont, now that'd be interesting.

Isn't it a bit weird that Ryu is in Smash, but SF5 is not on the console?
I mean Project x Zone 2 isn't that big of a deal right?

_____ Vs Capcom for Wii U incoming?

No weirder than Snake having the MGS4 theme in Brawl. In fact considerably less so.

You could at least have tried with this one dude. Can't even flip a comment properly smh.

I disagree that it makes sense, they already have megaman there's no need for ryu in there at all, especially given his completely stale "character". Put in somebody like Simon Belmont, now that'd be interesting.

You think Ryu is bad but you're absolutely fine with Fire Emblem Sword Wielder No. 2427? Wut.

Crocodile

Except he isn't? Pretty sure there were fighting game characters before him man. Sure he's iconic, but he's just so bland I'm surprised that people wanted him in Smash. Of all the interesting and unique characters they could have chosen, and already did with megaman, they wanted Ryu. I don't get it.

Ok buddy, name the fighting game characters that are both more iconic and older than Ryu. (IF you have to actually look it up you've failed as it means said hypothetical character can't be more iconic if you can't think of them quickly).

It's fine if you think he's boring but at least be real here. Ryu IS Mr. Fighting Games

_woLf

He clearly does though. Cos he's in one.

Would you rather Lightning?

They're direct screen caps of the clear screen for Classic Mode. Nintendo didn't sign off on this, I guaran-fucking-tee you.

No. If I had my choice I'd prefer Smash Bros to remain 100% Nintendo franchises.

He belongs as much as Solid Snake.

I disagree. As I said above, I'd prefer it to not have any non-nintendo characters. But in the case of Snake/Sonic/Megaman/pacman, I was slightly more okay with it because they don't come from an insanely popular fighting game franchise.

Having a character from one fighting game put into one that is primarily characters from Nintendo games does not sit well with me at all, really. :/

Honestly, I might be part of the minority not a fan of Ryu being added to Smash, but I guess I'll give him a shot.

Roy, on the other hand, is kind of a favorite of mine over Marth in Melee, so I'm happy to see him playable again.

That said, too bad about all these leaks throughout this year's E3.

ash_ag

Haha, Roy next to Pit. Classic! :p

Love the Ryu / Little Mac / Link moment as well. Street Fighter / Punch-Out!! / Soulcalibur.

I also noticed they gave Ryu focus from SF4 as part of his moveset, hopefully this doesn't mean Donkey Kick is out since they're using Sf4 Ryu.

tbd

Would be amazing tomorrow without the leaks.

Just depressing at this point.

At least this means I can sleep instead of watching the event tomorrow.

JoeM86

Not at all. Ryu and Roy will probably have an awesome presentation video like Megaman and the rest of the newcomers so there's still that to look forward and more updates and features that will be added to the game probably.

But the lack of surprise has killed it somewhat.

The awesomeness of the Mega Man one was because it was a shock...same with many of the others.

Sandfox

It could very very well have been fake

The data was pulled from the game so it wasn't fake.

But the lack of surprise has killed it somewhat.

The awesomeness of the Mega Man one was because it was a shock...same with many of the others.

This was obviously going to come in the next three days so the only thing somewhat disappointing about this IMO is seeing the designs before the trailer.

Having a character from one fighting game put into one that is primarily characters from Nintendo games does not sit well with me at all, really. :/

I don't see why not. It's a good way of getting a character historically associated with fighting titles into a game with many different characters from many different genres.

Poyunch

I disagree. As I said above, I'd prefer it to not have any non-nintendo characters. But in the case of Snake/Sonic/Megaman/pacman, I was slightly more okay with it because they don't come from an insanely popular fighting game franchise.

I'll give it a pass since Street Fighter as a fighting game has its origins on the NES.

Ugh, just saw that the most boring Street Fighter 2 stage was confirmed. No audiece or anything, just the fucking boring japanese roof.
Wanted them to include other sf2 characters as cheering audience.
Way to go Sakurai.

Mega Man and Ryu have nothing meaningful in common lol. I can get behind putting in Simon Belmont though.

bobawesome

Forget Mewtwo, Ryu, and Lucas. All I needed was Roy. Will definitely buy a copy of Smash Bros. for the 3DS
when it's not $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom