• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Roy! But awwwww they had to use his design from Awakening, ew. He doen't quite look like Roy anymore, his face looks derp. I get that they wanted to make him look older, but he just winds up looking like Brawl's Ike with dyed red hair, or Eliwood with a headband. Lost some of his identity. Well at least my Eliwood fangirl sister will be happy. :p

And Ryu, as weird as he is, is awesome too. He's like the new Snake. So many third parties. I knew this leak was true. Man how is all this getting leaked, Nintendo dropping the ball, huh?

jwhit28

I'm glad Ryu is in. I still REALLY wanted a Belmont even though Konami doesn't seem to be in the mood of allowing anything that would please it's fans.

I know people will hate it but I would love for them to add a fourth type of Mii Fighter. Like a Magic Staff user.

With how many DLC costumes and the fact we can only use Mii's with friends I feel being able to play 4-player matches with 4 absolutely distinct types would be great.

Jesus Christ, five Fire Emblem characters, two of whom are just Marth clones. Meanwhile we still only have two Donkey Kong characters.

Ryu's awesome though.

LOL how can you people continue to say that when we still have no idea how he truly plays...

If he's a Ganon/Falco level clone it be perfect and even better if he's 100% original

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hoping Ryu's clapping animation has his face all beaten up.

hK3Xfin.gif

I wonder if we'll get all three characters tomorrow.

Normally, one would expect them to do a drip-feed release, I.E. one character a month. And in terms of promotional events, there are tie-ins. For example, EVO is in July. So is Fire Emblem's 25th anniversary celebration in Japan, where Sakurai will be a keynote speaker.

However, if all three characters were released tomorrow, they could sell them in a bundle, and have a more dramatic impact where, say, the Street Fighter fans might buy Ryu, but while playing online they'll fight Lucas and Roy, and those encounters may serve as a "suggestive sale" where they find themselves wanting to buy them, as well.

Tomorrow could introduce something akin to "season passes," starting with a Lucas/Roy/Ryu bundle — let's say three characters for the price of two, so you effectively get one free — and they could reveal a rough release schedule for the next "round" of characters, I.E. Fall 2015.

It'll be interesting to see how they approach this.

If they were doing one character a month, they wouldn't add them to this patch. Even if Roy was releasing with the concert, he wouldn't have been added.

If each character was worth $4, the game would have cost ~$200. So it's not really "only".

That's not how it works.

Qurupeke

I kinda hope Ryu and Roy don't come out tomorrow because I only have enough for my boy Lucas and i'm selfish.

Hehe same. I didn't think that something like that was possible. Banks are closed, I can't even charge my card till Monday.

If I had to choose only one for tomorrow, in case there's not a bundle, I'd get Ryu though.

Breakless

Banned
So is alt for Lucas actually called Claus in game? Probably not since claus didnt get his own seperately named trophy like Alph and the koopalings did

Mik2121

Too much Fire Emblem, jeez...
Add characters from other IPs like Donkey Kong or maybe stuff like Advance Wars or things from the Wario IP. Hell, even some of the original starters from Pokemon would be better (would love to play with each of the starters and be able to somehow evolve them through the fight or something).

But seriously, stop with the Fire Emblem characters!!!

Add characters from other IPs like Donkey Kong or maybe stuff like Advance Wars or things from the Wario IP. Hell, even some of the original starters from Pokemon would be better (would love to play with each of the starters and be able to somehow evolve them through the fight or something).

This is it for FE. Roy was a highly requested and popular vet.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Surprised Ryu didn't get his big MvC Shinku Hadoken beam. Seemed obvious.

He has a voice sample for that.

And in most games where he has both moves, the Shin Shoryuken is usually the stronger one of the two, so I guess it makes sense for that one to be his Final Smash, even if Shinku Hadouken is more integral to his gameplay.

Sponge

Banned

You lost me there. We have a full team of Pokemon already. I would be down for DK, Wario or Advance Wars characters.

ffdgh

I know people will hate it but I would love for them to add a fourth type of Mii Fighter. Like a Magic Staff user.

With how many DLC costumes and the fact we can only use Mii's with friends I feel being able to play 4-player matches with 4 absolutely distinct types would be great.

I'd be ok with a new mii fighter type if they were actually usable online. Heck mario kart has been doing it for 3 games now :(

Most of those complaining about Ryu probably didn't grow up with SFII. This is huge for me because it was one of my most played fighters growing up.

Ryu is basically a Heropon to me.

I'm excited for Ryu even though I have next to zero experience with the SF series. I think it's great that he's going to be included in one of my favorite game series of all time. Are there other characters that I would have added before him? Sure. But I'm just happy to get this level of support and added content post-launch. And while there was never any guarantee that the character(s) suggested by the Smash Ballot would ever be included, the fact they're even asking is a good sign that there is more to come.

So since the data is in the patch...yall know what this means right? Its ready to go. We are likely getting all three characters available tomorrow! :O

Which means we are going to get another character revealed since they can't have no upcoming character! :O :O

So happy I had $25 saved up for E3 just incase.

Sponge

Banned
So since the data is in the patch...yall know what this means right? Its ready to go. We are likely getting all three characters available tomorrow! :O

Which means we are going to get another character revealed since they can't have no upcoming character! :O :O

DONT TEASE ME LIKE THIS

Confirmed: the best fighting game with Street Fighter characters is on the Wii U.

I'm sure someone said this already

Can't wait to play online with all these new characters.

Edit: fuck I thought I was done collection the FE Amiibo series...

DONT TEASE ME LIKE THIS
Theres nothing to tease. All of their finished moves are in the patch along with finished classic movies. Theres no reason to think both characters and stages won't be available tomorrow. Unless they hold them back by a couple weeks or so to spread it out but I'd doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom