• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 |OT| Emulating PlayStation 3 Games

Tizoc

Is there a way to copy digital games from my ps3?
I see that 1942 is compatible and i wanna teplay that on my lappy

Is there a way to copy digital games from my ps3?
I see that 1942 is compatible and i wanna teplay that on my lappy

If your console is jailbroken with a custom firmware, yes. If not, no.

How's the progress for Red Dead Redemption? My dream is to play through it in this emulator before RDR2 drops.

It's had steady progress since it first made it to ingame in June. Graphics and performance are slowly improving, not sure it'll be a great experience before RDR2 hits though.

rdrshadowsfixed.jpg

rdr0.jpg

rdr3.jpg

rdr5.jpg

Anth0ny

It's had steady progress since it first made it to ingame in June. Graphics and performance are slowly improving, not sure it'll be a great experience before RDR2 hits though.

Thanks, that looks solid! I'm sure we'll hit 1080p/30fps soon enough. Maybe RDR2 hype will hit the RPCS3 team and that will make them work... harder and faster? >_<

Does this emulator save stuff to somewhere outside of the main folder? I tried Demon's Souls yesterday and it worked until I got to the Nexus where suddenly the in game graphics (not the HUD) turned black. And no matter what I try now the whole game is like that including the tutorial, which previously worked. Already deleted everything and retried multiple times, even with different builds.

Tapejara

Does this emulator save stuff to somewhere outside of the main folder? I tried Demon's Souls yesterday and it worked until I got to the Nexus where suddenly the in game graphics (not the HUD) turned black. And no matter what I try now the whole game is like that including the tutorial, which previously worked. Already deleted everything and retried multiple times, even with different builds.

Make sure you have "Write Color Buffers" checked under GPU settings.

Lettuce

Errrrr its Rockstar!!!, RDR2 will get delayed at least once more probably looking at a late 2018 release at best!!

Errrrr its Rockstar!!!, RDR2 will get delayed at least once more probably looking at a late 2018 release at best!!

I'm factoring in an extra delay or two into my timeframe for RDR1 running well at 30 fps and without significant bugs or graphical issues. :p I've got a feeling it's going to take a lot of optimizations and black magic wizardry to get that engine running well under emulation, much less at higher performance metrics than native hardware.

UltraJay

How is Persona 5 working out? I heard that it is playable but how is the performance?

I looked up videos and the compatibility forum because I wanted to know if I should shell out for the PS3 version or get the PS4 version. Battles are basically a full 30 fps. Everything else is fully playable but at 18-25 fps. Looking at videos of PS4 gameplay and the hand looks amazing so will probably go with that (just like I opted with Switch Zelda even though I could have dumped a Wii U version). Uprezzing also breaks character portraits but not menus as that is vector art apparently.

Either way the progress on this is convincing me to get an E3 patcher for my PS3 especially since it has my copy of Scott Pilgrim on it. That's fully playable but made me realise I missed the last DLC that added online co-op. Makes me want a rereleased Steam version even more.

Leonidas

G6Z6DoU.png

https://rpcs3.net/blog/2018/03/06/progress-report-february-2018/

Pretty impressive that emulation hobbyist who have no internal Sony documents were able to produce an emulator with this level of support, this is even more compatibility than any 3rd party Xbox 360 emulator running on PC.

I wonder if Sony is still trying. A quote from Yoshida in 2015

Backward compatibility is hard. I won’t say we’ll never do it, but it’s not an easy thing to do.

If it was easy we would have done that.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...d-would-have-done-it-if-it-was-easy/#/slide/1

Last edited:

Leonidas

Demon's Souls running in 4K on RPCS3.

I plan on trying this out soon as long as the game dumping process isn't too tedious.

johntown

Banned
The progress of the emulator is pretty impressive. One month Ninja Gaiden Sigma had terrible shading.......now it is fully playable! Those waiting for Ninja Gaiden for PC your wait is over. The game runs great minus some minor slowdown in large open areas but I am sure some setting tweaks can fix that.

Please note the PSN network version is the only version that is fully playable (last I checked) and you need the .RAP files for that to work properly.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I can only hope that this will have some sort of online in the future like that Wii U one as my PS3's wifi seems to be dead or not working right. Unreasonable demands aside it's impressive they got this far at the moment.

Top Bottom