• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) Introduces high resolution rendering support

jediyoshi

https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/10/08/introducing-high-resolution-rendering/

One of the most anticipated features has just been added to RPCS3! High resolution rendering allows users to play at resolutions far exceeding what the PS3 could handle. If you thought your favourite PS3 games were starting to look a bit dated, just wait until you get to experience them in up to 10k! Although, we doubt many users will have the setup necessary to benefit from 10k today, emulation is all about preserving for tomorrow.​

Preview Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4D8532vxGI

Full resolution 4k crops
jRWile8.jpg

zHVBpmS.jpg

wFd99xq.jpg

2GPGt41.jpg

mq3cTh5.jpg

Sulik2

Holy cow. These screenshots, these games look like completely different visual experiences from these renders. How well do the games actually play in this emulator?

jediyoshi

Downsampled shots

Ge6Q7td.jpg

xg60bHD.jpg

Like a lot of Nintendo's Wii U games, P5 has some built in AA that looks funky when up-res'd. On the plus side, a lot of the UI elements are vectored, so they get cleaned up at higher resolutions too.

Käebi;251449694 said:
What game is the last screenshot from?

White Knight Chronicles

Brofield

...PS3 didn't look like that on TVs in those beforeshots, did they? Or is my memory really that bad? I'm not even that much of a graphics snob but you would think games are allergic to anti-aliasing

Grief.exe

There's always such a ridiculous amount of detail in Souls games, even prior to being released on PC.

...PS3 didn't look like that on TVs in those beforeshots, did they? Or is my memory really that bad? I'm not even that much of a graphics snob but you would think games are allergic to anti-aliasing

Games will always look worse on a monitor since you are sitting closer.

Mohasus

If you were really close to your TV, it would look like that.

Vlaphor

Just how playable is Catherine on RPCS3? I've been thinking about doing another playthough of that game and I'd love to do it with better graphics

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Zoomed in and cropped screens do that, even on PS4/XB1 games.

I still have my PS3 hooked up to a 24''1080p monitor and last week played Persona 5 (probably not the best game to judge considering it's last-gen roots) and to my eyes it didn't look too far off from me playing Persona 5 on the PS4 on a 55'' 4K TV when it first came out.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Individual game patches are possibles, it's up to people to create them. Someone's got 60fps Kingdom Hearts going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2C4ZCiCYM

Nice. Will wait for Demon Souls 60fps + no vsync <3

Zoomed in and cropped screens do that, even on PS4/XB1 games.

I still have my PS3 hooked up to a 24''1080p monitor and last week played Persona 5 (probably not the best game to judge considering it's last-gen roots) and to my eyes it didn't look too far off from me playing Persona 5 on the PS4 on a 55'' 4K TV when it first came out.

I don't think OP pics are zoomed. OP said 4k crops

jediyoshi

aqIo59I.jpg

wvwxiwx.jpg

Just how playable is Catherine on RPCS3? I've been thinking about doing another playthough of that game and I'd love to do it with better graphics

Playable, full speed. There's an issue where random single characters in text are missing, but nothing that'd make it unreadable.

Top Bottom