• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

RPS complains about Resident Evil 3 Remake's violence against women

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
Since brap brap is not here anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

here's some juicy stuff:

I do kind of want to flag the whole “violence against women” aspect of Nemesis, and of the game in general, as it’s hard to deny it’s a theme, or that it’s presented with at least a little relish. I realise it’s completely unreasonable to single out RE3 for this when, y’know, *gestures at the entire history of the horror genre*. And in fairness, you play as trigger-happy mercenary Carlos for a good portion of the game, so you get to see loads of lingering close ups of a man’s neck getting devoured like a late night burger, too.

But… yeah. There were moments while playing when I just felt uncomfortable. Jill isn’t too obviously a vessel for anyone’s fetishes, but realistic as she is, she’s clearly designed to be sexy. And she spends an awful lot of time being hurled into things, slapped about, grunting in pain, being asphyxiated, and either struggling to force assailants off her, or being graphically murdered by them. There was one particularly rough bit where one of the previously mentioned spider monsters strangled her with tentacles, then rammed a bigger tentacle down her neck to pump her full of parasites. Watching back through my capture footage for screenshots, I could hear myself mutter “not cool, man” into my headset. And it doesn’t happen to Carlos.

I wasn’t even kidding on Nemesis having sleazy dom energy, by the way. Jill’s ex-supercop colleague Brad mentions Nemesis having a “hard-on” for her, and when Carlos is introduced – while saving Jill from a mangling at the hands of ol’ bagfists himself – he quips that Nemesis “knows what it wants, and won’t stop till it gets it – don’t you like that in a man?”
“No thanks,” replies Jill, “he’s all yours”.

Oh not Carlos what's is doing baby /s

I actually liked the interactions between Carlos and Jill, and they worked well to dispel some of the general miasma of yikes mentioned above. Carlos (who is also sexy, though I can’t work out whether that’s because of or despite his ridiculous hair) is a prick.

source:

thanks rps.

JasonVA

Mar 10, 2020
Having read the article, seems a kind of random thing he/she put in there. Doesn't really go into detail how the violence in meant to be portrayed specifically as violence target as women as a wider issue, or detail about female abuse?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Apr 11, 2007
So Carlos getting fucked up by Nemesis is not an issue at all, but Jill getting fucked up is? I thought you guys liked equality! /s
This outrage culture is bullshit of such a high level that it makes me wonder if these people have completely lost all the use of their mental faculties. The meme of these being NPCs really makes sense. All their existence is spent on getting outraged on the smallest of things.
Poor capcom. They clearly made Jill much less sexy. Made her a normal woman with no skin show. And yet...these retards finds something. What planet do they live in? How miserable an existence that all of it is spent on finding faults in things one should rather enjoy? What the fuck is Jill character to do otherwise? Not get attacked at all? Not be hurled or bitten by a zombie? Not cry at all after getting attacked? And all that even though the same happens to Carlos too? What is wrong with these people??

Edit- LOL. A guy wrote this. major simping here and I guarantee it will still not get him laid. It will only make him a laughing stock. Out-outraging girls wont get you laid brah. Actually, challenging their position and having an actual logical stand of your own might. But please keep trying.

Last edited:

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Adding up all the SJW complaining in games, the message I'm getting is that the perfect female character isn't sexy or feminine, basically looks and acts like a dude, is physically strong and should mostly be the one inflicting pain/damage and not the one receiving it.

The perfect female character is Kratos:

Zaffo

Feb 11, 2018
Adding up all the SJW complaining in games, the message I'm getting is that the perfect female character isn't sexy or feminine, basically looks and acts like a dude, is physically strong and should mostly be the one inflicting pain/damage and not the one receiving it.

She is showing too much skin to be a worthy heroine.

Feb 17, 2020
I was so gutted to watch that site succumb to the sjw lunacy back in 20...13/14, i think it was. It happened almost over night with articles about Quiet from MGSV.

I got banned for saying its just a video game. They were resetera before resetera was a thing.

I really enjoyed their retro articles and discovered so many games and mods.

RPS still at the whole virtue signalling game, huh?

Really sad to see what that site became. I liked them as a mostly quirky British PC games site back when I first found them in 2008 or so.

Tell me about it. They were one of the best PC focused sites around and were my ideal replacement for when PC mags became really watered down around the PS360 gen.

That site had some of the best articles, the Sunday Papers i think it was called was one of my favorite.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019

Funny thing is you know they would take umbrage at Kratos being a parent. "I can't believe they stereotype all females so much that this is turned into a mom simulator which reinforces the patriarchy!"

As for the article, me and my friend laughed our asses off at it when I found it. The best part is how thrown in those sections were - it was like he wrote a legitmate review then realized there wasn't any kind of virtue signalling bullshit and added them later. No way that happened because we know these types go into reviewing a game with those things at the top of their list.

Games media is beyond laughable at this point

Reactions: Isa and Fbh
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I was so gutted to watch that site succumb to the sjw lunacy back in 20...13/14, i think it was. It happened almost over night with articles about Quiet from MGSV.

I got banned for saying its just a video game. They were resetera before resetera was a thing.

I really enjoyed their retro articles and discovered so many games and mods.

Tell me about it. They were one of the best PC focused sites around and were my ideal replacement for when PC mags became really watered down around the PS360 gen.

That site had some of the best articles, the Sunday Papers i think it was called was one of my favorite.

Sums up my thoughts. PC Zone was excellent for a long time but RPS became my go-to read because they were covering cool games others missed. Then they disappeared up their own backsides which is just so disappointing.

Feb 17, 2020
Sums up my thoughts. PC Zone was excellent for a long time but RPS became my go-to read because they were covering cool games others missed. Then they disappeared up their own backsides which is just so disappointing.

Yeah, If recall, all these sites seemed to just flip on a dime around the same time. It was nuts seeing it happen in real time.

What really caught me off guard was the amount of people who welcomed the change of tone via their opinions/comments and attacks on people wondering wtf is going on, in the comments section.

Last edited:

ILLtown

Jul 7, 2018
Yeah, If recall, all these sites seemed to just flip on a dime around the same time. It was nuts seeing it happen in real time.

What really caught me off guard was the amount of people who welcomed the change of tone via their opinions/comments and attacks on people wondering wtf is going on, in the comments section.
Most of the fat bald cunts that went SJW were previously awkward as fuck "I will objectify women in creepy ways" nutjobs.

Look at this old article on Kotaku for instance: -

Visitors to the London Games Festival this weekend will get a rare opportunity to get close enough to Ubisoft's Jade Raymond to bathe in the warm, flowery scent she leaves in her wake everywhere she goes.

She'll be making an appearance at the flagship HMV store on Oxford Street on Saturday afternoon to promote some game about assassins doing some sort of thing, possibly killing that band that sang the "Can You Take Me Higher" song.

The press release says something about showcasing new levels from the latest version of the game, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm personally hoping she announces a new game where you just move the camera around a 3D model of her person for hours at a time. I'd pay a hundred dollars. Or pounds. A hundred pounds of dollars. Hit the jump for the considerably more sensible press release.

There has never been any point in my life where I would have written anything anywhere near as cringeworthy as that, but this is what these cunts were like.

Jim Sterling is another one. That guy seemed to have a genuine disdain for women before flipping and becoming a retarded SJW.

One of Jim's deleted articles: -

ILLtown

Jul 7, 2018
Why in the hell do all these fucking people look the same?
It's so common that it can't be a coincidence.

I think it's because they're the type of people that had a certain shitty experience earlier in life. Ignored by women. Bullied. Mocked.

It seems like it goes one of two ways for those types of people. Either SJW or incel. The two extremes.

I might sound like a prick mocking these folks, but I don't typically mock people for the way they look or for bad experiences they've had, but I just can't stand these self-righteous wankers, and there is a pattern that you can spot that links them.

SLB1904

Oct 24, 2017
Women in videigames were a mistake
I dont know about you guys but when i see a woman i just want to protect her

• LOL
Reactions: cormack12

Aion002

Nov 21, 2019
SP - BR
Gaming websites these days are mostly a sad thing, they are unable to be the first ones to put most of the news out there, so they just make click bait and outrage articles trying to keep the users afloat.... And things are getting even worse, since Sony, MS and Nintendo are more and more focusing on their own means to deliver information to the consumers.

Soon they will be like gaming magazines. However, their end will be a pathetic one if they keep pushing idiotic articles like this one.