• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

RPS complains about Resident Evil 3 Remake's violence against women

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com

Barnabot Barnabot (y)for the archive link. That bullshit ain't getting any free clicks out of me.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Mar 20, 2017
Wasn‘t Leon cuddled to death with hugs in RE4?

Oh wait...no...his head was cut off?

RPS better get on this. Oh wait, he is male...well then it doesn‘t get any media attention for them.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
All this shit is college professors ' fault. They brainwash the kids within these social justice crap. I am getting my second undergraduate degree and 80% of my teachers make white people feel bad about themselves overstating they are privileged (as every white people were born rich in and debt free), make men feel like predators, and other buslhit. Pieces of shit

Javthusiast

Mar 20, 2017
Writer of the article trying to get them Anitas and Zoe Quinns of the twittersphere to play with his...

Cause afterall: Simp = Suckers Idolizing Mediocore P***y

Last edited:

laynelane

Aug 21, 2019
I never once thought of Jill as a vessel for anyone's fetishes. I guess I'm not as deep as the author of that article.

Jan 29, 2019
Having read the article, seems a kind of random thing he/she put in there. Doesn't really go into detail how the violence in meant to be portrayed specifically as violence target as women as a wider issue, or detail about female abuse?
It's an issue because it is violence against a women--perpetrated by some monster in an horror game.

This person just likes to "analyse" at an high school level.

ZehDon

Jun 13, 2013
Australia
Man, they’re gonna have a fucking conniption fit when they play:
  • The Last of Us
  • Metroid
  • Tomb Raider
  • Mirrors Edge
  • Oni
  • Fatal Frame
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Soulscalibur
  • Starcraft
  • Bayonetta
  • No One Lives Forever
  • Gears 5
  • Hellblade
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Half Life Alyx
  • Diablo
  • The Longest Journey
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Dino Crisis
  • Parasite Eve
  • Killer Instinct
  • Control
  • Darksiders III
  • Perfect Dark
  • Alien 3
  • American McGee’s Alice
  • Dark Angel
  • Dead Island
  • The Walking Dead: Season 2

SonGoku

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2018
SJWs Soy boys: We want more women in vydia
Also SJWs Soy boys: Complains about violence against women in vydia
🤡🤡🤡

edited for accuracy

Last edited:

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
You really cannot win with these people.

Don’t have a female lead- You are discriminating against women.

Have a female lead, but protect her against all harm- You are implying women are weak and need to be protected.

Have a female lead in a game with no harm- You are perpetuating weak gender stereotypes against women.

Have a female lead and don’t protect her against violence- You are fetishizing violence against women.

Sever

Aug 12, 2019
This is exactly why I don't read reviews. These people are morons and probably suck at any game that isn't Viva Pinata.

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I realise it’s completely unreasonable to single out RE3 for this when, y’know, *gestures at the entire history of the horror genre*....

I don't think you really realize this though. Take this shit to media studies class and just review the fucking horror game assuming people are familiar with basic horror tropes such as main character will be assaulted by things.

Drell

Neo Member
Nov 19, 2018
And the fact that Jill survived to the Zombie apocalipse mostly by herself? That she owned some kind of super creature by herself multiple times? She's a strong woman, she doesn't need any man to tell her what to do. Isn't it basically what these SJWs want? For fuck sake these people want more repredentation of anything other than white cis men, but when it happens they still find something completly retarded to complain about.

Reactions: mrMUR_96

Keihart

Jun 23, 2013
This is hilarious.
I could thread complain or talk about how bullshit the article is, but instead, i'll focus on the value of it.
The context and the fucking picture of the writer are way to funny, this is completely worth just for the humor of it.

Apr 25, 2012
Berlin, Germany
So... Jill is really sexy right... well I guess so is Carlos...
...but there's a lot of violence against him... ok also against him...
... he even makes slightly sexual remarks... but she replies how a strong woman would....

I always considered RPS to be a good website. Who decided to put this on there? Is the full article better and OP just cherry picked the shitty parts?

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019
In the end, we see what we want to see.

If I want to see Nemesis as a walking stalker rape allegory, I'll see it. And no one will convince me otherwise.

Some will laugh at me, some will agree. And that's fine.

Trouble starts when I'll start yelling for games to be censored/boycotted and the like.

I found Quiet in MSGV cringeworthy as fuck, and made me realize Kojima is a proud creepy pervert. My opinion.

Did I demand the content to be cut? No.
Did I urge others to not buy the game and have Kojima fired? No.

What did I do?

I didn't buy the game. That's all.

Fucking mindblown, am I right?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So... Jill is really sexy right... well I guess so is Carlos...
...but there's a lot of violence against him... ok also against him...
... he even makes slightly sexual remarks... but she replies how a strong woman would....

I always considered RPS to be a good website. Who decided to put this on there? Is the full article better and OP just cherry picked the shitty parts?

In the Valorant thread you're standing up for corporations using shady methods to install rootkits on your computer and here you're feigning ignorance of RPS' decline. Hmmmmmm.

• Fire
Reactions: Ryujin
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
How are those 2 linked in your mind? Also a driver is not a rootkit and I'm not an active reader of any gaming-sites.

I'm suggesting that you are not in fact here for honest discussion, or you are willfully naive. The driver is installed at a level that makes it an easy vector to create a rootkit, running from bootup. And your response about RPS - you "consider RPS a good website" and now say you're not an active reader of any gaming sites - so which is it?

Apr 25, 2012
Berlin, Germany
I'm suggesting that you are not in fact here for honest discussion, or you are willfully naive. The driver is installed at a level that makes it an easy vector to create a rootkit, running from bootup. And your response about RPS - you "consider RPS a good website" and now say you're not an active reader of any gaming sites - so which is it?
Not sure if you're trolling.
Let's keep the RIOT discussion in the Valarant thread.

Why would I not assume that RPS is a solid side for gaming news after having been there several times over the last years? They always seemed to have good recommendations for indie games, a staff that played niche games as well and an appreciation for the medium as a whole.