• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rsident Evil 7 VR mode will be PSVR exclusive for a year.

tnpt7xbaf0spjcjkq0j_ox4jca.jpg

credits to Jawmuncher for pointing it out. That's kinda bullshit.

Tain

Good to know. Might be a tough decision to make. Wait a year and play it on a preferred headset with nicer visuals, or just jump in?

DMONKUMA

Oh ok so it is timed exclusive. Well hopefully by that time I have a Vive.

Edit:Gonna still play day 1 on PC tho.

jmga

I probably won't get my first commercial HMD until Vive 2 or 3, so I don't have a problem with this.

RedSnake

I'd love to try this first and see how "bad" it looks before buying the PSVR headset since I'd prefer buying a vive.
Also, does the PS4Pro boost the VR as well? Like, would it look better?

So like what was the point of putting out a non vr demo if its vr exclusive for a year? Or is the psvr release seperate from the ps4 no vr version?

Tain

I should add that I didn't think it was a given that we'd see PC VR support at all. I'm not happy about the delay, but, you know.

It's not like they can prevent you from using VorpX or Tridef3D on PC... still kind of a questionnable deal. That kind of thing, among lack of uniformisation, is what will make VR takes a lot of time to find a place.

dreamfall

Interesting - actually makes me want to hold on to my PSVR bundle instead of cancelling, but by the time the exclusivity is up I'm sure it'll be much stronger on other VR devices.

Let me get this cleared up in my head. So the VR stuff will be compatible with other headsets at a later date (i.e. for the PC version), but for now, ONLY PSVR will work, on home consoles?

Ugh. Timed exclusives need to buzz off. Especially when you get additional stuff like this thrown into the mix.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They didn't say that. They haven't elaborated on what they will use

Always the smart move with incomplete products

Yes they said that... They said fallout vr will use oculus.

Edit- nvm fo4 confirmed not which headset though.

A year exclusive is a bit extreme, but then again that will hit with RE7 getting some steep discounts on PC and perhaps GOTY/Definitive edition.

Not really that BS since that platform will need some system sellers.

MUnited83

For you.
A year exclusive is a bit extreme, but then again that will hit with RE7 getting some steep discounts on PC and perhaps GOTY/Definitive edition.

it's pretty BS. Spend money on making some actual system sellers, not locking away games from other platforms.

Maybe Sony could try doing something instead of some lame tech demos and one good showcase (Driveclub VR).

I'm sure there will be a VR mode hidden that people will be able to hack in one day so meh.

Yeah, It would be interesting to see how they actually implement such a thing.

If the code is there, someone will find it.

It's a dumb decision for the developer and (maybe) a good one for Sony.

I'll play it once it hits Steam and Vive.

Reallink

Hopefully they use Pro for super sampling cause impressions suggest the render resolution has been dog shit on the vanilla PS4.

Tagyhag

Oh that's neat, I thought it was going to be exclusive forever.

But yo, remember when MS was anti-consumer for the TR exclusivity? Sony just looking out for all gamers!

Oh that's neat, I thought it was going to be exclusive forever.

But yo, remember when MS was anti-consumer for the TR exclusivity? Sony just looking out for all gamers!

This isn't the same as TR. That was full game exclusitivity, whereas this is a game mode. RE7 is fully playable without VR and is not exclusive to VR platforms.

Tagyhag

This isn't the same as TR. That was full game exclusitivity, whereas this is a game mode. RE7 is fully playable without VR and is not exclusive to VR platforms.

It's exclusivity either way. And not because of some technical hurdle, just money.

PC gamers are essentially getting an incomplete product.

Stuff like this shouldn't be celebrated, folks!

It's exclusivity either way. And not because of some technical hurdle, just money.

PC gamers are essentially getting an incomplete product.

Stuff like this shouldn't be celebrated, folks!

Not defending it, just pointing out we are indeed discussing an incomplete product as opposed to no product at all (in the case of TR).

Top Bottom