• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rttp: Batman (lets explore the Arkhamverse)

Asylum is my favorite even with the rather weak bosses. The games got less interesting the larger the maps became.
That's how I feel about the rest of the games. With Asylum I found all the tapes and I 100% the game on my first playthrough

The rest of the games I never had that urge

Last edited:
Less is more must be my theme of the week. I mentioned the same thing in the Elden Ring thread.
That's another game on my to play list. I never played any of the other games but my guess with Elden Ring is that there's just too much to do and as a result you don't feel the need to 100 percent everything due to how large the map is. Also how it makes the game less interesting.

The Witcher 3 had the opposite effect on me in that regard. Huge fan of all 3 games and I feel that they made the game world interesting in the 3rd game since they took the time to make the story of each sidequest unique and special

Beechos

Its crazy how these games still hold up graphically today. Can only imagine what they do with a next gen sequel. Too bad that wont be for another 5-7 years with their dev pace.

bender

What time is it?
That's another game on my to play list. I never played any of the other games but my guess with Elden Ring is that there's just too much to do and as a result you don't feel the need to 100 percent everything due to how large the map is. Also how it makes the game less interesting.

The Witcher 3 had the opposite effect on me in that regard. Huge fan of all 3 games and I feel that they made the game world interesting in the 3rd game since they took the time to make the story of each sidequest unique and special

Elden Ring's world is amazing to explore even if the rewards can often let you down.

YoungEmperor96

Neo Member

Hmm the opposite of me. I love the main quest and the side quests associated with the main quest of Witcher 3. But when I try to do everything on the map, I give up. 90% of the marks '?; lead to medicore content. After doing all the '?' in the first area I focused on the main quest and didn't care anymore

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I played Arkham Asylum for the first time earlier this year. i had a blast. I didnt collect all riddles but I did do a lot of them.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I don't care about the 100% / completionist kind of thing; the collectibles are fun as an integrated part of the exploration--always looking out for them, getting into some interesting puzzles as a consequence--but I don't see the appeal of going back and trying to check them all off a list.

Anyhow, all 3 of the main games are absolutely incredible in how well they nail the perfect Batman world. It's like the Animated Series mixed with a bit more of the comic book, and that makes it far better than any Batman theater experience (as popular as the Christian Bale movies are, I would argue that Bale's Batman barely even deserves mention compared to Kevin Conroy. Conrary is Batman, Bale is some weird knock-off imitation even at his best moments).

I tried Origins and dropped it less than 3 hours in. I just hated the style of everything, the introduction to the story, etc. I guess I could try again but I found everything irritating.

Last edited:
Hmm the opposite of me. I love the main quest and the side quests associated with the main quest of Witcher 3. But when I try to do everything on the map, I give up. 90% of the marks '?; lead to medicore content. After doing all the '?' in the first area I focused on the main quest and didn't care anymore
For me it's weird. Most open world games I don't do everything. But for this game I did everything

Top Bottom