• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP - GOW

Markio128

In anticipation of GOW:R, I thought it the ideal time to replay GOW to familiarise myself with the story/characters/gameplay. I remember enjoying the original on PS4 when I played it, but I was never fully in the GOTY camp. However, I have to say that I am enjoying this game much more the 2nd time around (PS5) - it may well be the 60fps making the difference.

Whilst it isn’t as gory as previous games in the series, the combat definitely feels brutal at times and is really satisfying when you get into a rhythm. The puzzles and side missions are worthy of a shout out as well and give the game a good balance, although it does take a while to open up properly.

I’m currently nearing the end of the story, but talking the time to complete any side missions and gain some of the best armour/talismans, etc.,

My new opinion of the game has gone from an 8/10 to 10/10. Have you guys recently replayed the game on PS5/PC? What are your impressions? What do you think they can improve in GOW:R?

My only gripe, and it’s probably going to be unpopular, is that I’d much prefer fast travel in the sequel, rather than they stick to the rigid one shot gameplay, just to speed up the process of side-missions, etc., without having to walk through the land between.

Last edited:
Top Bottom