• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ruby Rose cast as Arrowverse's Batwoman

Dizagaox

ruby-rose-ashley-green-2017-peoples-choice-awards-20.jpg

batwoman-bat-family.jpg

She will make her debut in the Arrowverse crossover this December, before filming her own pilot and potential series in spring 2019.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Shes a terrible actress

But shes non-binary so she fits the progressive narrative.

kunonabi

Shes a terrible actress

But shes non-binary so she fits the progressive narrative.

To be fair it's not like good acting is really that important to the arrowverse. Hopefully she gets her show and I don't have to put up with her in that many movies going forward.

Kadayi

Banned
These people act like those spoiled rich shits who cry about getting the wrong color iphone for christmas. Like fuck off you should be glad you're getting anything.

As a matter of interest which queer actress were they wanting exactly?

Lister

Banned
As a matter of interest which queer actress were they wanting exactly?

It seems they don't like her 'cause she's not a good actress. I don't the see the issue with that. On the other hand, it's not like this series is filled with acting talent either.

Ke0

These people act like those spoiled rich shits who cry about getting the wrong color iphone for christmas. Like fuck off you should be glad you're getting anything.

So they're not allowed to want a queer actress who can actually...act lol?

Ke0

Name one. Also, I thought everybody liked Ruby Rose and I was the only one who had a problem with her lmao.

I don't think you're going to find many people who think she can act lol. As far as queer actresses:
Amber Heard
The chick from Stranger Things and Riverdale
Rachel Wood

The ones I can think of off the top of the head, and the great thing about CW shows is you don't need a big named actress.

I didnt even know batwoman was lesbian unless batgirl is different from batwoman o.o

Yes. Batgirl is Batgirl, Barbara Gordan currently, and Batwoman is Batwoman Kate Kane.

Atrus

Gold Member
So they're not allowed to want a queer actress who can actually...act lol?

I don’t see what’s wrong with the choice. This is the Arrowverse not Les Miserable.

I’ve only seen her in John Wick 2 and Orange is the New Black and she did fine in both.

Complaining about her selection makes it seem like complaining is their purpose, as if we have to reserve the best acting, fit, attractive Lesbian for a WB super hero series.

squallheart

I don't think you're going to find many people who think she can act lol. As far as queer actresses:
Amber Heard
Rachel Wood

The ones I can think of off the top of the head, and the great thing about CW shows is you don't need a big named actress.

Yes. Batgirl is Batgirl, Barbara Gordan currently, and Batwoman is Batwoman Kate Kane.
Ah thanks for the clarification.

brap

Banned
Amber Heard
Rachel Wood

The ones I can think of off the top of the head, and the great thing about CW shows is you don't need a big named actress
Oh, I know them. I thought queer meant people that were non binary or something. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

tkscz

Yeah who the hell is batwoman?

An old character they brought back in the late 90's as a lesbian (but no one cared because no one remembered her). I just find it weird that some people are saying non-binary, when woman is literally in her name.

Ke0

An old character they brought back in the late 90's as a lesbian (but no one cared because no one remembered her). I just find it weird that some people are saying non-binary, when woman is literally in her name.

Guys, you're on the bloody internet, why be so wrong.

She was introduced in 2006. Katherine "Kate" Kane is a completely different person from Kathy Kane of the 60s (Katherine is Kathy's "niece"). She in Countdown and Final Crisis, then she was the lead for Detective Comics for a while. She was very popular with readers and DC had said she was going to get her own solo series, said series got pushed back because DC was doing the whole Nu52 thing, so they decided to launch her series with Nu52, and put Greg Rucka and JH Williams III (and later W. Haden Blackman ) on it. Her series was one of the best selling within Nu52 line. Unfortunately Blackman and Williams III quit the series when DC didn't allow them to marry Kate like they been building up for, and her solo series sells plummeted a bit. Her series sells okay but not nearly as well as it did with Blackman and Williams at the helm.

In September 2013, the creative team of J.H. Williams III and W. Haden Blackman left Batwoman. In his blog, Williams said this decision was made after being told to change the direction of multiple stories at the last minute, each of which had been approved and planned out over a year beforehand with DC. The last straw was being told that Batwoman aka Kate Kane would not (again, as previously agreed) be allowed to marry her fiancée, Captain Maggie Sawyer of the Gotham City Police Department. A year later, with a new creative team of Marc Andreyko and Jeremy Haun, we see Kate break up with Maggie in Batwoman #34 and then, in the same issue, she is hypnotized to have sex with a villain.

I highly recommend to read her series for the amazing art alone.

902a58a815fe47df62ceae28e548a3f6.jpg

zem3pztaw3911.jpg

batwoman-zone-005.jpg

elegy-1.jpg

8a68d8beef5e6547bab0fe5a39d9d55f.jpg

Also as far as Batwoman vs Barbara Batgirl. Well...she beats the shit outta Barbara (From Barbara's solo Nu52)
5083073-2796546412-BxAPA.jpg

3264756-batgirl-012-06.jpg

Last edited:
It's one of the better ones.

Cool, thanks. I've really enjoyed season 5, Chase was the best villain the series has seen since season 2.
For some reason (well, lack of time mainly) I stopped watching after the crossover, and had the feeling that this season wasn't going to be as good as the previous, so whenever I had the time I watched Flash and LoT instead... and even in Legends I still have 3 or 4 episodes before the season finale.
Have to get up to speed before all the new series start again...

Arimer

God I wish They'd quit trying to make Ruby Rose a thing. She's by far the worst part of anything she's in and that includes the latest Triple X movie. Her stupid flippy blanket tree sniper scene was just the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

She's gorgeous but I forgot she was in John Wick 2. Really did not like her acting in that at all. Ultimately, I don't really care because I don't watch any of these CW shows. But it's nice to have a live action Batwoman for once.

I think the fact that they are trying to make sexuality the biggest driving factor to get people to watch turns me off. Just make it a good show and quit pandering.

What turns me off more is that the DC shows went from hot shit to dog shit. So naturally I’m not excited for this as I barely watched anything from Arrow and Flash last year to even finishing the first season of Legends. Supergirl is also advertising a trans character like that is going to cause a massive influx of people watching it just for that. If anything it will drive people away. Just make a good show and let it speak for itself.

oagboghi2

Batwoman has been around for years and there has yet to be a great, or barely even good batwoman story arc.

I don't have high expectations

Will be interesting to see if she can actually act. Her best scenes were in Resident Evil Final Chapter. Didn’t remember she was in that? Like I said... her best scenes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom