• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor – CD Projekt RED To Sign A Publishing Deal Or Be Bought By Electronic Arts

How excited are you for this news?

Results are only viewable after voting.

statham

“I’m employee of CDProjekt Red and I have some bad news to share with you. Our management is probably talking with Electronic Arts about potential take over. Electronic Arts representatives are currently visiting our studio and meeting with top management. We are not going to release any game soon, so for sure it’s not about any publishing deal, so the only possible reason for EA guys being here is that they want to buy us.”
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor...lishing-deal-or-be-bought-by-electronic-arts/

take Triss from me if old.

edit:
@marcin360
@astreamz Just bumped into Marcin Iwiński - it was new to him. I guess the "informer" has better insight than the @CDPROJEKTRED founder. :)
https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/643441015244853248

getting a big whiff of absolute twaddle

PranooY

Hahaaaaaa ha!

rkowD87.jpg

We are not going to release any game soon, so for sure it’s not about any publishing deal, so the only possible reason for EA guys being here is that they want to buy us.
What about Cyberpunk?

Wagram

Please do not pull an Bungie here CDPR. Stay independent, stay humble,and stay the fuck away from these corporations.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
selling their souls to the devil. and few years later the studio gets closed down

Deft Beck

I hope they can reach an agreement that will allow CD Proj. Red to operate with some degree of autonomy while expanding their reach.

Or, EA will EA once more.

killroy87

Why work so hard to get the good will of hardcore gamers if you're just going to do this? Talk about throwing away all your effort.

KORNdoggy

well there goes another great western RPG if this is true.... they ruined bioware. i don't see how they wouldn't ruin these guys too.

Allright! Now CD project can offer the same quality as Bioware....................................................................................... *cries*

I don't think the takeover is true. I don't think CDPR would sell out like this, and they're probably not in need of being bought, with their games being a massive success and GOG always seeming to do pretty well.

They may, however, be looking at a publishing deal together. EA could offer them a bigger budget than pretty much any other publisher, and they've been desperate for their own successful Elder Scrolls-style swords and sorcery series for years. From CDPR's perspective it might be easier than working with multiple publishers a la TW3.

I think an EA deal would be good. At least if it was a publishing deal for something like Cyberpunk 2077 via EA Partners (or whatever remains of that unit because some senior figures have left there and we've not heard a great deal of announcements from them in the past year or so).

A buyout though is a whole different matter. Hmm.

This isn't true. I don't think CDPR would sell out like this.

They may, however, be looking at a publishing deal together. EA could offer them a bigger budget than pretty much any other publisher, and they've been desperate for their own successful Elder Scrolls-style swords and sorcery series for years. From CDPR's perspective it might be easier than working with multiple publishers a la TW3.

This.

Worth noting that for The Witcher II on Xbox 360, CDP were slated with THQ in Europe and WB in the US, but Namco sued CDP over the rights and other things related to the PC release and won, therefore taking over from THQ. For The Witcher III, on console at least, it was Namco in Europe, WB in US.

At least with EA, there'd be one publisher across the world. At least on console.

RIP CDPR if bought out. It was good while it lasted.

I think an EA deal would be good. At least if it was a publishing deal for something like Cyberpunk 2077 via EA Partners (or whatever remains of that unit because some senior figures have left there and we've not heard a great deal of announcements from them in the past year or so).

At least its not Activision.

Jawmuncher

In for Bioware Poland joke.

But in all seriousness I just expect a publishing deal. Much like what we saw EA and Valve do.

Top Bottom