• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

Found by Eolz in another thread, and EatChildren told another that this was okay for a thread which I volunteered to make:

I'm not sure if it is the good thread to talk about this, but as I don't have thread creation privileges...

The guy that teased/leaked Devil's Third being a WiiU exclusive said in a gameblog E3 reaction video that he knew back then that there were 3 similar exclusives (not necessarily violent, but originally multiplat/not exclusive) that were going to be announced this year.
Here's the link , comes at around 8:10 .
I'm french, and even if I'm sure of what he just said, and that gameblog leaked good things in the past (mario kart bundle, sales numbers in france, etc), they also sometimes do this kind of thing to get more viewers.

So please understand, don't get too excited, but there may be more coming out of nowhere (like SMTxFE, Hyrule Warriors, and more in random Nintendo Directs).

Some like Takao note that the person claimed there'd be meltdowns over the previous game (being Devil's Third), and I would've thought the same at least to an extent, I remember the person saying that it wasn't going to be as big as Bayo 2 though. That I'd consider to be an opinion so I would not take that away from the previous rumor which to me he was right on the money.

So my idea for the thread was for us to discuss about what canned or likely canned games that Nintendo could set their eyes on next?

My guesses come down to two:

Ni-Oh by Team Ninja and Tecmo Koei.

Cry On by Mistwalker and MarvelousAQL

The former is my top prediction as Nintendo is very close to both Tecmo Koei and Team Ninja (not even counting Itagaki), as Team Ninja of course did Other M, but are also co-developing Hyrule Warriors alongside Omega Force (who funny enough were the original devs of Ni-Oh, also I think they paired for Toukiden). Also way back in 2012 we last heard it finished the alpha development cycle. Who knows.

Cry On of course is likely as that was officially canned and we have The Last Story as a key partnership between Nintendo and Mistwalker.

Some could say Lily Bergamo, but I'd think that'd be a huge challenge, also they could just say Let it Die is "enough" of it to be the same thing... yeah I wouldn't buy that but eh.

No More Heroes 3? I remember I think Suda saying that he was going full GungHo exclusive and only games in development prior to the buyout would be allowed to be made. But I think it's been too long so who knows if it can even still happen. It could happen I guess.

I also don't see Nintendo going after western games like this, I think they'll just exclusively go after Japanese developed ones.

What say you GAF?

Edit: To add, Eolz transcribed the rumor:

Ok so I decided to do a transcription/translation of the interesting passage. I'm french, and my english level is pretty good (imo).
Starts at ~8:12
J is Julien Chièze, the "journalist" (and co-founder) of Gameblog, and N is Nico A, the "leaker".

N- Me, I'd say, when you say there's no third party publisher, some from gameblog KNOW that I announced last december a WiiU exclusivity. There are four altogether, they announced the first one which is Devil's Third. Itagaki, the project didn't go well with the others, with THQ, all of that, they are on WiiU, that's official, there are 3 others that are coming, that will be announced in the year.

J- You know [about them]?

N- Yeah (laughs)

J- (big knowing smile) all right, come, this closes this video, stay on gameblog, we'll talk about things. Ok, come with me, what's this? Ciao, e3 #gameblog, you know about this now, ciao, ok what's this... NO, THAT'S ! NO ! (embarrassed laughter from Nico) No nonono ok come... What's this? This is...? (cut to Iwata/reggie fight)

So rewatching this, obviously gameblog is doing a bit too much to show the usual (read gameblog, etc), but there seems to be something behind this. Don't think they'll talk about it though.

Riki

Has there been any game announced for the PS3/360 that went quiet or was "cancelled"?
Nintendo seems to be developing a pattern.
I'm going to guess that this is how Nintendo is going to get their "third party support". It's not exactly in their best interest financially, but if it gets me more games like Bayonetta then sign me up!

The Last Guardian

Yup. This is definitely one of the games.

Did the developers ever show of any footage for either Cry On or Ni-Oh? But no idea what the games will be, but they seem likely; too bad Nintendo doesn't try to grab some western titles =/

Has there been any game announced for the PS3/360 that went quiet or was "cancelled"?
I'm going to guess that this is how Nintendo is going to get their "third party support". It's not exactly in their best interest financially, but if it gets me more games like Bayonetta then sign me up!

The two I said were my top picks were two examples. There are likely a lot more I would think.

MrT-Tar

Ni-Oh sounds like a reasonable choice, and I could see Nintendo help fund it.

Also, what about Tekken x Street Fighter? We haven't heard anything about that recently, and tbh it is likely vapourware unless someone like Nintendo steps in. Nintendo has a good history with Namco, and also with their fighting team (SSB4, TTT2 WiiU port, etc).

Baust

While I don't think one of them will be Cry On, I do feel like one of the games will be a Mistwalker title.

Voliko

Cry-On would be a megaton, now I have a shaky reason to have hope.

I think it would be great for Nintendo to continue doing things like reviving Bayo2 and Devil's Third, well as long as the results are good :)
I really hope Nintendo funds some sort of Mistwalker project, I don't see anyone else doing so besides maybe Microsoft, but I think they would have showed something like that at E3.

Did he ever say devil's third? Because that seems like an educated guess more than a leak. Saying that he know about 3 more acquisitions is unlikely to me, dont know. Nintendo is probably more open to funding these games this generation though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Devils first second and forth?

the winner!
btw, the rumor clearly hinted at devil's third, in fact me and other saw that coming.
honestly, up tu now I could just think about Ni-oh ( Cry On to me doesn't exist anymore neither at Mistwalker...), and of course The Last Guardian LOL

I just thought of one game but I'm sure its been long cancelled.
The Catalyst by Next Level Games
They did pledge that they would exclusively make games for Nintendo last year.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
skies of arcadia port (believe :D )

was meant to be coming on psn and arcade after sonic(was basically confirmed by sega dev but suddenly went silent)

NotLiquid

Lily Bergamo was a PS4 exclusive that then got canned to make Let it Die.

I wish. Suda's best games have been on Nintendo and it'd be great if they'd pick this one up one way or the other but I doubt that'd fly with GungHo and all. The days of Suda's No More Heroes-esque games are over.

EDIT: Misread what you said as Lily going Nintendo exclusive but yeah.

MilesTeg

Banned
Haha I highly doubt BG&E2 is Wii U exclusive or that it even exists.

My wild prediction: Dino Crisis reboot
lol

Top Bottom