• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Maybe some projects that were halted by Square Enix?

Furthermore, Tecmo Koei's president did advise that there would be another collaboration that would be revealed shortly - the partner has yet to be unveiled.

ypu im willing to believe skies is one of them after sega went silent with the ports coming to arcade and psn
Stop it. Stop it. STOP IT.

My poor heart can't take it. I keep imagining a new Skies of Arcadia (Eternal Arcardia) with a visual-style similar to Valkyria Chronicles, a massive scope with tons of shit to do (like upgrading your pirate island) and a score on the level of something like Xenoblade.

Whatever it is, pls let it be a sequel to an abandoned Xbox / Playstation fan favourite. The more salty tears the better.

Personal requests

Vanquish 2
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Valkyria Chronicles 4

valouris

When was that "leak"? Had Sonic Boom been announced by then? Maybe one of the 3 was that?

Maybe another one is that Ubisoft family title. Another cancelled title that comes to mind is Prey 2, highly unlikely to end up on WiiU.

Or is he probably only talking about the Japanese part of the industry?

Riki

When was that "leak"? Had Sonic Boom been announced by then? Maybe one of the 3 was that?

Maybe another one is that Ubisoft family title. Another cancelled title that comes to mind is Prey 2, highly unlikely to end up on WiiU.

Or is he probably only talking about the Japanese part of the industry?

The leak was well after Sonic Boom, which we all knew was coming it just didn't have a proper name yet.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Sky Soldier Rodea?

That game has supposedly been finished for years now. They could give it an eshop release.

Prey 2?
I'd explode from happiness if this happened.

gngf123

Not going to make any predictions but I really hope Nintendo keep rescuing dead IP people care about.

It provides people with a way to play games they desperately want while also resulting in some fucking hilarious reactions.

Seik

Banned
Oh man, 3 more? Holy shit.

So many possibilities...

I'll go with a new Mistwalker RPG, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Prey 2.

Hiltz

If they didn't get revealed during E3, then they aren't important or exciting.

That's not necessarily true. Nintendo held back showing Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei even though its development is said to be on track. We could have just as easily seen it as we did with Yoshi's Wooly World, Splattoon, Mario Maker and Kirby's Rainbow Curse. A new Fatal frame was announced before E3 yet it wasn't shown even as a teaser trailer. Last year, Nintendo didn't announce Hyrule Warriors at E3, instead choosing to reveal it in December from a Nintendo Direct. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo had 99%of its 2015 titles in playable form except for Zelda. This included even Starfox which was only playable behind closed doors despite not really being shown to us during the event. God knows what these rumored Wii U titles are, but Nintendo obviously has multiple games in various stages of development, so it isn't going to bring every game it has to E3.

I personally doubt Cry On would be likely, but damn I remember wanting that game back when it was actually going to be a thing on 360 and if it does happen?! Man, oh man, Nintendo would just keep on winning! Not going to let me get my hopes up though.

EDIT: Even if it's not Cry On, I hope at least one of these (if this is in fact true) is a JRPG!

Shun

Mega Man Legends 3 HD?

Lily Bergamo? It's totally possible on the hardware with the given artstyle.

Vanquish 2?

TRAUMA TEAM 2!?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sky Soldier Rodea?

That game has supposedly been finished for years now. They could give it an eshop release.

good call.
I go with Ni-oh, Rodea while Del Toro THQ game would still be surprising.
other games cited are dreams and hopes ready to be shattered

Shun

As others have mentioned, Lily Bergamo became Let it Die.

Yes we know that. We want a game that has the art and the main character.

The gameplay may have become Let It Die, but Lily Bergamo is still it's own thing with it's own characters, lore, and gameplay.

It had a freaking No More Heroes cameo in it and it would be a waste if they didn't utilize the art at all.

Interesting.

The more exclusives the better. Bring them on.

If this is true, I imagine it'll be an E3 2015 reveal, or maybe in a direct at some point later this year/early 2015.

JDSN

Banned
So its a Tecmo game, yeah? Nintendo is close to them and the guy is probably using the same source that told him about the devil's turd.

Please Nintendo, resurrect Capcom.
During the gamecube era they loaned a lot of money to get Capcom through a rough bit, but sometimes companies decide to off themselves.

Regiruler

Was Vanquish 2 ever real or is it just a pipe dream?
Darksiders 3

Shenmue 3

Heavenly Sword 2

Vanquish 2

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Take your pick. Nintendo got dem gaemz!
I can actually believe Darksiders 3. Problem is: who would make it? Nordic would just contract out the IP.

Kimawolf

Rodea sounds like a good shot, as does a game by Mistwalker as well, "Cry On" .

I think it'll be another game which is not "AAA" but was very good but didn't sell enough and had it's sequel scrapped like Bayonetta. So I am going to go withl

Rodea... CryOn and Alpha Protocol 2.

Shaffield

prolly not Rodea since that was always gonna be a Nintendo exclusive. Ni Oh and Cry On are pretty good predictions I think, especially since all 3 of these are almost certainly japanese developed.

Lily Bergamo would be interesting.
Tekken x SF would be pretty surprising too, but it would make a lot of sense actually.

Jet Set Radio by Headstrong. They pitched a Wii game to Sega before and with the Art Academy games they're still close to Nintendo.

Mega Man Legends 3. Smash Brothers has raised his profile.

Sky Soldier Rodea?

Prey 2?
I'd explode from happiness if this happened.

Rodeo a good choice.

I've thought for a while about Human Head converting their work on Prey 2 about a space bounty hunter into a Metroid game called Metroid Hunter. They were working with Nintendo at some point and ported Arkham Origins to Wii U.

Finally Ni-Oh as well with Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo-Koei and Team Ninja.

Del Toro's Insane.

Even if it's a rumor I feel a game mentioned in this thread will be announced.

Lumyst

Itagaki approached Nintendo about funding the completion of Devil's Third, correct? In other words, it would have to be a case of the developers of an incomplete game shopping around for a publisher, not the publisher shopping around for games?

IIRC the devs said the were planning to remake it for the 3DS. However I would love Rodea TSS to make it to the WiiU even if it's just the original Wii code.

Rail Shooters belong on the big screen imo, for a genre that's built up on spectacle handhelds are such a waste.

Cuburt

The Devil's Third announcement may not have been the salt mine that Bayo2 was but it still lead to some entertaining hypocrisy in opinions I'd see repeated over and over ad nauseam.

>Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge gets announced
>"Team Ninja Dog can't make a good game without Itagaki anyways. Itagaki was the real reason the Ninja Gaiden games were any good."

>Devil's Third gets announced
>"Itagaki never made a good game since the original Ninja Gaiden anyways. Of course if was going to be garbage."

Eolz

2034315-no_shinobu_50931_.jpg

Lily Bergamo lives as NMH3 : Shinobu (and her new friend) :p

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
huh? Cry On? I don't see how it could be that. If any of that was made I'd think Microsoft would have some say in that one maybe? Where does Nintendo come into the picture?

IIRC the devs said the were planning to remake it for the 3DS. However I would love Rodea TSS to make it to the WiiU even if it's just the original Wii code
It was always planned as a 3DS release alongside the Wii version. Last we heard, the Wii version was complete and the 3DS version was about ~60% along.

JDSN

Banned
^Fatal Frame Wiiu is already in development.
Man the nasty things I'd do to get Alpha Protocol 2 to be real.

I got this fantasy in which Nintendo recruits Avellone to make a near future RpG, some of the work they did with the Alien prototype looked promising and make for a great use of the screen.

Top Bottom