• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

Vanquish 2 might be possible, Platinum/Nintendo are very friendly these days.
Megaman Legends 3 console port perhaps?
That failed Eternal Darkness spiritual sequel?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
a nintendo owned studio developed one of the blue dragon DS games

MS allows that to happen every so often. They do not compete with Nintendo handhelds so they don't believe they'll lose out on much but instead make a profit off of it.

DMC 5 (or 2 since it was rebooted) could work since it bombed and Capcom is close with Nintendo and probably wouldn't mind the cash Nintendo gives them. Metal Gear Rising 2 is a far stretch and that would be bigger then a Bayonetta 2 announcement.
DMC is absolutely not happening, Cacom jut said it one of their most important franchises recently (with SF amd RE). The ninja theory game flopped but for obvious reasons. DMC4 did 3 million, Nintendo would need to soend BANK in order get DMC5

Hindl

It feels like it has to happen, doesn't it? The response to Mega Man's appearance in SSB has been tremendous, and it's clear that Sakurai went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the character was done justice. I won't suggest that MML3 will come back from the dead, but it does feel like a new Mega Man project will happen on Nintendo's watch.

If by some miracle Capcom decided to do this, I want Sora Ltd to do the game, or at least have Sakurai as director with maybe Next Level designing. I just want him to do it since he showed such respect for the character, that there's no way a bad Mega Man game could come out of it

Still owned by Microsoft, however. I know they licensed it out like crazy. A big console exclusive would be a bit different I'd imagine than some cards, anime, or even portable titles. Not that I would ever imagine Blue Dragon to be a possibility here.

oh i know, i dare say though seeing as its pretty dead now MS would probably sell the IP for some change from down the sofa, not that i'd expect that to happen

Riki

If by some miracle Capcom decided to do this, I want Sora Ltd to do the game, or at least have Sakurai as director with maybe Next Level designing. I just want him to do it since he showed such respect for the character, that there's no way a bad Mega Man game could come out of it
MegaMan done with Kid Icarus's insanity would ve absolutely amazing.

BD1

Banned
I've always sort of thought they'd partner with Mistwalker for another The Last Story. A sort of "Final Fantasy for Nintendo Platforms" type of thing.

I'm actually expecting a big time Direct next month to reveal a bunch of stuff and we'll all say "Why wasn't this at E3?!?!"

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
oh i know, i dare say though seeing as its pretty dead now MS would probably sell the IP for some change from down the sofa, not that i'd expect that to happen

Dunno about that. Spencer is a fan of both of them and we know that he has at least looked into the possibility of LO2 in the future.

Oh shit, that Prey 2 guess may not be so far fetched.

As for my other guess, how about Banjo Threeie. Yeah, Nintendo rescuing Rare from Microsoft.

Biker19

Banned
If they didn't get revealed during E3, then they aren't important or exciting.

Most Japanese games get more attention at TGS & on Japanese gaming magazines than at E3 (the only Japanese games that gets attention at E3, is if they're big budget titles like Final Fantasy & Metal Gear Solid).

MrMephistoX

I hope so problem is if they resurrect Japanese games on a platforms on a system no one buys...I'd rather have seen sony pick some of these up so they have a chance at selling.

cafemomo

bribe squeenix, get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD
the gooch still hates sony right? well then Last Story II
suda needs more money, so No More Heroes 3

Biker19

Banned
I hope so. Problem is, if they resurrect Japanese games on a platforms on a system no one buys...I'd rather have seen Sony pick some of these up so they have a chance at selling.

I agree. While the Wii U will no doubt have some 3rd party Japanese titles, chances are, most of them won't be localized, & the Wii U isn't region free like PS4 is.

Neff

DMC would be amazing, and considering Capcom's ultra-conservatism regarding the property/Nintendo's eagerness to snare the hardcore action gamer, not improbable.

With that thing about Ubi sitting on finished Wii U games, I find it very easy to believe BG&E2 is one of them. There hasn't been any updates on it in a while, and maybe Nintendo still feels 'owed' something after Rayman Legends.

This is assuming that that didn't turn out to be false. I stopped following that thread after the first few pages.

Biker19

Banned
Based on?

Most of the good Japanese games like the newest Yakuza games doesn't get localized, & as a result, I'd have to import the games. I can play the imported games on PS3, PS4, PSP, or PS Vita because Sony made all of those devices are region free.

Nintendo, however, has their ridiculous region locking on the 3DS & on their consoles, forcing people like me to buy the Japanese Wii U console (or to buy a Japanese 3DS) if I want to play the kind of games that they have in which they won't get localized at all, knowing some Japanese 3rd party companies. It's dumb.

Goody

I agree. While the Wii U will no doubt have some 3rd party Japanese titles, chances are, most of them won't be localized, & the Wii U isn't region free like PS4 is.
I also wish the Wii U was region-free, but that aside, I don't think that Nintendo is in a position to deny Western fans Japanese games. Good will and reputation among their fans is going to be vital for them staying afloat (Panic mode Nintendo is best Nintendo, or so it goes) and localizing high profile Japanese games can be instrumental in this.

It's a very good sign that E3 was the first place we see a lot of games that fit this description. Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, Devil's Third, and the Earthbound VC release, if you want to count that, were all first seen at American events. It sets a good precedent and, I for one, am not too worried about Nintendo keeping their games unlocalized, at least while their catering to their most ardent fans. We'll see what happens with Fatal Frame, if they have any say on that one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ages ago I'd heard that Bayonetta was getting ported, intention being to release alongside the anime movie DVD release as a promotional thingo. The former turned out to be accurate, the latter not so much and quite far off. For this reason I'm not confident the former was accurate at all, but instead a logical coincidence.

I feel similar about the Devil's Third rumours, which never explicitly said Devil's Third but instead noted the acquisition of an originally multiplatform violent title that would cause similar (though not as extensive) uproar as Bayonetta 2. The most reasonable answer at the time was Devil's Third. Though fiction became reality, it's still reasonable that this was all a coincidence. Again, the guy hinting never explicitly said Devil's Third and was, to be frank, quite vague and unspecific about what the hot new exclusive would be. From memory it just boiled down to "violent and originally multiplatform". You have to wonder how many other "this style of game is being ported" rumours exist that never came to fruition. Additionally, I remember people saying that this writer and the website weren't exactly reliable for rumours anyway. FrenchGAF was having a bit of a laugh at the rest of us buying it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really believe this guy knows or knew anything to begin with. Not any more than I knew Bayonetta was getting ported. Which is to say I didn't, and I'm not confident my source was giving me accurate information, even if it turned out half true in the end.

sörine

Banned
I hope so problem is if they resurrect Japanese games on a platforms on a system no one buys...I'd rather have seen sony pick some of these up so they have a chance at selling.
Sony doesn't seem interested in investing in Japanese development anymore. Even Microsoft brought more Japanese made console games to E3 than they did.

TDLink

IF this is true, it is almost certainly games from Japanese companies (as Bayo and Devil's Third have been).

I think the likely choices, as people have mentioned, would be:

• Cry-On
  • Sky Soldier Rodea
  • Megaman Legends 3, That Megaman Prime developed by ex-Retro, or Another Megaman Game of some sort.
While it is from a western dev, I don't see Beyond Good and Evil 2 as outside the realm of possibility.

These are all assuming it's a game we have already known about before.

If they are brand new games I still wouldn't be surprised at a Mistwalker RPG or something like Dragon Quest XI.

AniHawk

if we're going by the criteria of formerly multiplatform, now exclusive, that rules out rodea the sky soldier... unless they're having the 3ds version canceled. it also rules out mega man legends 3, unless that was a title also in development for another platform.

lily bergamo would unfortunately also be unlikely if it was actually reworked into another title.

i also feel that these games would have to be japanese, although a big part of me wants them to have seen development on beyond good & evil 2 through- which would fit with 'not necessarily violent', but it would also garner a pretty big response like bayonetta, so it's probably not happening. plus, in general i don't see it. ubisoft has been quiet about the game, but they haven't denied it actually being a thing that will happen. they're also a pretty big publisher, who wouldn't need help releasing a game (something valhalla and platinum required after their original publishing deals fell through). furthermore, ancel's team at montpellier's been working more on the ubi framework stuff, in addition to rayman origins and rayman legends over the last couple of years. and if nintendo wasn't keen enough to jump in and secure rayman legends as an exclusive to the wii u, i don't think they're going to risk more on a far more ambitious and risky title.

cry on does make sense, given that it was mistwalker and nintendo's recent history with them. i just wonder how far back nintendo's going to dig for these titles. cry on was 2008's news, and ni-oh was 2004? bayonetta 2 and devil's third both faced 'the troubles' right around the same time in 2011 or 2012, when it sounds like nintendo came in and helped out.

So please understand, don't get too excited, but there may be more coming out of nowhere (like SMTxFE, Hyrule Warriors, and more in random Nintendo Directs).

I see what he did there.

Vanquish 2 plz.

Top Bottom