• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3 more Wii U exclusives hinted by the one who hinted at Devil's Third

Nemecyst

While I question the source of this rumor, why not indulge in a little fantasy, eh?

Cry-On but no longer called that. Mistwalker action-rpg

Ni-Oh if still alive, will be either WiiU or PS4 exclusive

Shadows of the Eternal could be published by Nintendo, despite Dyack's involvement

Just to fuck with yall:
Dragon Quest 11 - WiiU exclusive with DQ9 inspiration

Schnozberry

Shadows of the Eternal could be published by Nintendo, despite Dyack's involvement

Dyack deserves a lot of criticism, but this game would be a cheap get for Nintendo and it would probably spark some interest with how popular the horror genre is these days. Especially if it was released as an eShop title at a relatively low price ($30?).

Vanquinetta - Sam and Bayonetta team game!

Final Fantasy VII HD Because Fuck You Sony It Was Our Game First Edition :p

Burning Rangers remake.

I can dream dammit!

tumblr_mbid9zp5XK1riqizno1_500.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
Dyack deserves a lot of criticism, but this game would be a cheap get for Nintendo and it would probably spark some interest with how popular the horror genre is these days. Especially if it was released as an eShop title at a relatively low price ($30?).

Nintendo is already investing in a new Fatal Frame. I don't know if they'd consider it redundant to fund another horror game

I bet this is going to turn into a widespread myth, and in the event of any kind of third party Wii U game being announced, people will automatically come to the conclusion that it's related to this and compare the reality to whatever crazy expectations they had.

Blades64

Banned
The salt that people would have if DMC were to be made exclusively for the Wii U. It would be Bayonetta 2 all over again. Just imagine it.

Nemecyst

That's exactly why I mentioned it. Wasn't the original kickstarter goal around $1.5 million? A drop in the bucket to add more software diversity, in my opinion. A 2016 release would give it tons of time to bake.

While these are probably long shots, Winter by n-Space(Heroes of Ruin - 3DS) and The Grinder by High Voltage(The Conduit - Wii) seem like good candidates. Both games were in development for the Wii, so they were already in the Nintendo pipeline, but seemingly disappeared. And as of 2012 n-Space was still looking for a Publisher for Winter. Both are also survival horror games, and we all need more of those.

Winter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtoKcJOEI7A

The Grinder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itsxtb5GyR4

Semajer

While these are probably long shots, Winter by n-Space(Heroes of Ruin - 3DS) and The Grinder by High Voltage(The Conduit - Wii) seem like good candidates. Both games were in development for the Wii, so they were already in the Nintendo pipeline, but seemingly disappeared. And as of 2012 n-Space was still looking for a Publisher for Winter. Both are also survival horror games, and we all need more of those.

Winter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtoKcJOEI7A

The Grinder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itsxtb5GyR4

Oh, I wanted Winter so badly. It would be nice if it showed up again, along with Eternal Darkness 2.

Oh, I wanted Winter so badly. It would be nice if it showed up again, along with Eternal Darkness 2.

Me too, we need more survival horror games and the WiiU is perfect for it. ZombiU showed theres plenty of great uses with the gamepad(as well as jump scares) I could only imagine what they could do with something like the Sanity Meter. Really hope Nintendo atleast picked up Winter since it was a Wii game, rebuilt in HD would do the game wonders.

Eolz

Yeah I want to repeat what I said originally:

I'm french, and even if I'm sure of what he just said, and that gameblog leaked good things in the past (mario kart bundle, sales numbers in france, etc), they also sometimes do this kind of thing to get more viewers.

1) Gameblog really has a bad track record. For 1 legit leak/rumor (mk8 bundle, AC Comet, etc), they have a lot more that are wrong/clickbait. They are not well regarded by french gamers for a reason (even more reputable journalists don't like them for various other reasons)

2) this guy is not a gameblog journalist, nor does he work for gameblog. He works often in france/usa/japan and apparently gets his leaks only on the japanese side.
He's on Twitter, Neogaf members asked him questions last time about D3rd (when we got the "precision" of an ultraviolent game, when before it was just "cool exclusive that will cause some meltdowns wink wink hint hint")

3) from what happened last time with the D3rd tease (he never explicitely leaked it), it was probably the biggest game in terms of importance. Either the others really have no western appeal, or they really are smaller-sized (even if he imply in the video they are retail-sized). Niche. Not a big JRPG Nintendo would advertise.

ozfunghi

1) Gameblog really has a bad track record. For 1 legit leak/rumor (mk8 bundle, AC Comet, etc), they have a lot more that are wrong/clickbait. They are not well regarded by french gamers for a reason (even more reputable journalists don't like them for various other reasons)

2) this guy is not a gameblog journalist, nor does he work for gameblog. He works often in france/usa/japan and apparently gets his leaks only on the japanese side.
He's on Twitter, Neogaf members asked him questions last time about D3rd (when we got the "precision" of an ultraviolent game, when before it was just "cool exclusive that will cause some meltdowns wink wink hint hint")

3) from what happened last time with the D3rd tease (he never explicitely leaked it), it was probably the biggest game in terms of importance. Either the others really have no western appeal, or they really are smaller-sized (even if he imply in the video they are retail-sized). Niche. Not a big JRPG Nintendo would advertise.

So basically, he has nothing to do with Gameblog and their bad track record at all.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I bet this is going to turn into a widespread myth, and in the event of any kind of third party Wii U game being announced, people will automatically come to the conclusion that it's related to this and compare the reality to whatever crazy expectations they had.

They'd do that anyway even if this rumour didn't exist because crazy expectations...

spared

Beyond Good & Evil 2

How can you trust Ubisoft after the Rayman Legends scam >_< There is nothing exclusive with them. I mean I understand the company stand point. But still, it wasn't a nice thing to do.

On the other hand, I have no clue what remaining exclusives Nintendo might be helping / working on, but one thing is for sure, if they keep going with these nice exclusive deals, this will pave the way for a nice relationship with a bunch of third party developers for the Wii U successor. And that can only be a good thing.

TDLink

How can you trust Ubisoft after the Rayman Legends scam >_< There is nothing exclusive with them. I mean I understand the company stand point. But still, it wasn't a nice thing to do.

On the other hand, I have no clue what remaining exclusives Nintendo might be helping / working on, but one thing is for sure, if they keep going with these nice exclusive deals, this will pave the way for a nice relationship with a bunch of third party developers for the Wii U successor. And that can only be a good thing.

If Nintendo offers to fund the rest of development I am assuming they will give Ubisoft the same contract they gave Platinum and Valhalla. The game won't be able to release on other systems. Rayman obviously did not have this contract. It's highly unlikely Nintendo even paid Ubisoft at all for the original exclusivity in the first place. That said, I doubt Ubisoft would sign this sort of contract that Nintendo would mandate in the first place. So Beyond Good and Evil 2 being a Wii U exclusive is unlikely...but there's always still a possibility. As I said before though, I doubt it would be part of this deal either way. Nintendo has a history of collaborations with other Publishers both recently and further back in the past, and they're all with other Japanese publishers. Nintendo only works with western developers when they aren't under the rule of a publisher already (such as Next Level Games...who they have subsequently gotten to sign an exclusivity deal with them).

casiopao

The only IP's which I can think of here is.

1. Sky soldier Rodea (Prope)
2. Cry-On (Mistwalker)
3. Ni-Oh (Tecmo-Koei)

While I would really love to see all of these franchises revived for us here, I would love if Nintendo would give chances for other smale game developer to develop new titles.

Imagine Hexadrive developing new action adventure game here. HNGHHHH

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

yeah
so rodea and ni-oh could be

Eternal Darkness 2. bc they couldnt get the 2 million they wanted from ks. Shadows of the Eternal lol.

Castlevania spiritual succesor a la mighty no 9 by IGA. he needs fundin.

SHEN MUE FRAKKING THREE.

but seriously. how much longer until nintendo buys out one or more of these as a 2nd party: Treasure, WayForward, Shovelknight guys, Ueda, Comcept, IGA.

DrWong

The guy used to work for Gameblog but not anymore. He's now working as Creative Director for an indie studio. He wasn't attending E3 for Gameblog but for his studio. Gameblog staff interviewed him because they needed someone really interested by Nintendo (they didn't really cover Nintendo this year and don't know much about the Wii U) in order to have some stuff to push on their website. The "3 games" thing was casually thrown I think, not some made-up stuff by Gameblog

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
even if this rumor is completely baseless, Bayonetta 2 and Devil's 3rd do seem to be the start of a pattern for Nintendo. I don't know if that means we'll see more games in their position released since in the end the choice is made on a game by game basis and each case is unique, but we can be certain Nintendo are looking into other unfinished projects in a similar position.

another thing I was reminded of is this old Nikkei article:

In a feature about Nintendo, Nikkei mentions a plan from the company to revive other publisher's titles on the 3DS as part of a strategy to bring new strong titles to the system. The paper mentions Seaman as an example of this, but does not provide specifics.
Seaman never emerged on 3DS, and this is a thread about Wii U games, but the general philosophy of bringing back other publishers' dead IPs to Nintendo systems is still intact.

Eolz

SHEN MUE FRAKKING THREE.

but seriously. how much longer until nintendo buys out one or more of these as a 2nd party: Treasure, WayForward, Shovelknight guys, Ueda, Comcept, IGA.

Most of these are happy doing contracts.
I can see Treasure being acquired in some years when they have problems or when nobody wants to work with them anymore though (Gaist Crusher...), they always had a great relationship with Nintendo, and happened with other studios. Love that Sin&Punishment 2 Iwata Asks.

Axass

I don't see this. The Eternal Darkness IP iirc is still owned by Nintendo, so there's no reason to publish Shadow of the Eternals. Even if they did hire the guys behind it, they'd surely give them the ED IP to work on, then it wouldn't really be a 3rd party exclusive.

Capcom pulls a Capcpom, forgets to renew the DMC copyright, Nintendo picks it up, gives it to Platinum along with a gigantic budget from their gargantuan Amiibo sales war chest.

hughjackmanthefountain.gif

While Platinum makes great mechanics for fighting games, I find their story and art direction bad.

Capcom can still do great DMC games if they put Hideaki Itsuno's team for it.

Also Capcom pulling a Capcom would be making another DmC -___-

Neff

As ridiculous as it might sound, there's more chance of a Nintendo-funded DMC happening right now than a Capcom-funded one.

DmC's terrible performance probably only exacerbated Capcom's reluctance to indulge the franchise, while Nintendo is very much attempting to chase that audience now, and they're willing to spend a lot of money doing it.

However, I don't think one of these exclusives is a new DMC, otherwise those in the know would be fidgeting and teasing like crazy, because the resulting fallout would probably dwarf even Bayo 2's.

As ridiculous as it might sound, there's more chance of a Nintendo-funded DMC happening right now than a Capcom-funded one.

DmC's terrible performance probably only exacerbated Capcom's reluctance to indulge the franchise, while Nintendo is very much attempting to chase that audience now, and they're willing to spend a lot of money doing it.

However, I don't think one of these exclusives is a new DMC, otherwise those in the know would be fidgeting and teasing like crazy, because the resulting fallout would probably dwarf even Bayo 2's.

Your delusional.

Capcom has stated DMC as one its power franchises i.e they are clearly going to continue with the franchise. They are not going to release on a system that is selling horribly and potentially kill one of their big franchises.

Your delusional.

Capcom has stated DMC as one its power franchises i.e they are clearly going to continue with the franchise. They are not going to release on a system that is selling horribly and potentially kill one of their big franchises.
They released RE4 on the GameCube and announced as an exclusive in the beginning although the PS2 was selling a lot, Capcom is know to do these sort of stuff especially if we look at the current situation in Japan

Neff

Your delusional.

I can see that the idea upsets you, but it's simply the truth. And you didn't read what I said.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Your delusional.

This would true if Capcom was a logical company.. they really aren't so I can never be sure of what they're going to do.

Shahadan

Vanquish 2 might be possible, Platinum/Nintendo are very friendly these days.

Yeah, no. Nintendo probably won't greenlight another Platinum game so soon. They surely have lost money from the sales of W101 and will too when Bayo 2 bombs.
Those two projects were greenlit before the console even launched, so no way they'll finance something as expensive again, imo.

Top Bottom