• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - 4090 Ti specs emerge

They've really priced people out of PC gaming.
I don't mind ridiculous prices much- high end can have premium prices, if that's what people are willing to buy- but that we don't get good value cards on the low end bothers me, where people actually are starving for new reasonable cards since years.

You either buy a 5600G 5700G which is reasonably priced for its basically free GPU performance, and have a rather bottlenecked solution, where most of the CPU is underused, or the lowest "meaningful" steps are 3050, old 1650, or even older, probably used, 1060. AMD and intel not super competent in that area.
Where are good new 149 to maybe 199 cards? where the Geforce 2 MX was some 20 years ago and this class maybe until 960 continued to provide good bang for the buck.

Titan Ada 200W extra and an additional connector for 24GB RAM and nothing else changes? Which game will make use of that in the card's lifetime?
Creating insane memory requirements is probably not that hard though- if not official some fanmod will fill it with huge textures-, but the differences will be miniscule. The difference between eg DSpace Original and Remake are certainly obvious, but are they really improving anything relevant with that? Mafia was a bigger leap, but its original is still okay to look at, everything from PS3, partially PS2 era, with PC resolutions is fine and rather unimproved modernized.
But as I said, do whatever others like for high end, but where are cheapass gamer cards, outside of consoles?

Skifi28

Pretty cool, maybe we can finally break the 3000 euro barrier as regular 4090s are usually in the 2200-2400 euro range.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Titan Ada 200W extra and an additional connector for 24GB RAM and nothing else changes? Which game will make use of that in the card's lifetime?
It's not for gaming. Even 24 is overkill for everything. It however is not overkill if you use programs like stable diffusion.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Nvidia HQ:

'Guys, do we call it the 4090Ti and charge $2000, or do we call it the 'Titan' and milk the suckers, for $2500?'

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I would imagine nearly an 11% increase in performance. Not worth the upgrade from base 4090 as I see it. Even if I wanted the Titan, I’m glad I’m proofed for the next generation of cards which may require two 12VHPWR cables.
The Ti if done like this shouldn't be an upgrade from the non Ti, but instead a good path to get into this gen. I am hoping I can do a 5090 Ti and I hope that it will be easier to get than the 4090 was. I just need some fucking willpower.

supernova8

Banned
Seems like AMD is going to respond with RDNA3 + 3DV cache.
Although I doubt this cache will do as much to improve performance, as it did with the 5800X3D.

Interesting article. Personally more interested in what they offer in the lower end but unless I see otherwise I'm going to assume AMD's low-end is dead lol

ACESHIGH

Banned
I don't mind ridiculous prices much- high end can have premium prices, if that's what people are willing to buy- but that we don't get good value cards on the low end bothers me, where people actually are starving for new reasonable cards since years.

You either buy a 5600G 5700G which is reasonably priced for its basically free GPU performance, and have a rather bottlenecked solution, where most of the CPU is underused, or the lowest "meaningful" steps are 3050, old 1650, or even older, probably used, 1060. AMD and intel not super competent in that area.
Where are good new 149 to maybe 199 cards? where the Geforce 2 MX was some 20 years ago and this class maybe until 960 continued to provide good bang for the buck.

Creating insane memory requirements is probably not that hard though- if not official some fanmod will fill it with huge textures-, but the differences will be miniscule. The difference between eg DSpace Original and Remake are certainly obvious, but are they really improving anything relevant with that? Mafia was a bigger leap, but its original is still okay to look at, everything from PS3, partially PS2 era, with PC resolutions is fine and rather unimproved modernized.
But as I said, do whatever others like for high end, but where are cheapass gamer cards, outside of consoles?

Absolutely agree.

LMK when a 200 USD graphics card that runs games at twice/thrice the frame rate and lower power consumption vs a RX 580 shows up.

I'll just take care of my backlog until I can substantially upgrade my rig at a decent price.

winjer

Gold Member
Interesting article. Personally more interested in what they offer in the lower end but unless I see otherwise I'm going to assume AMD's low-end is dead lol

For the low end, NVidia and AMD are relying on Ampere and RDNA2. At least for the time being, because there is still quite a bit of existing stock.

There are rumors that AMD is preparing the 7800 series.
And NVidia is preparing the 4060 and 4050 series.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Put my 4090 where it belongs….

Reallink

GTX 950: $159
GTX 960: $199
GTX 970: $329
GTX 980: $499
GTX 980 Ti: $649

This doesn't even feel like that long ago and compare it to where we're at now. They've really priced people out of PC gaming.

I remember dropping $500 on a 980 and thinking the price was absurd lol

Linus said in a recent video that Nvidia is going to push PC gamers to consoles with the insane prices, which I don't doubt for a second. People will still use their PCs for smaller/older games, but new shit will be played on consoles.

They're very intentionally trying to drive people to Geforce Now, they want the poors to be perpetual renters like every other industry.

$3000 GPU incoming

giphy.gif

Same board and same memory means the 4090Ti FE will be "$1999".

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Time to toss my 4090 in the bin where it belongs. Ancient garbage.

Alleged pictures of the 4090Ti:

raw.webp
raw.webp

shame SLI died

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
no... although no reasons for cards not to be 4 slots already. additional support is welcome

Last edited:

BlackTron

That's the signal for all the smart people to put on baseball mitts to try and catch all the 4090s as they fly into dumpsters.

winjer

Gold Member
My biggest fear:
4090ti drops.
5070 ti is like 25% weaker but $2,000 cheaper, 1/2 power consumption.

Or something around the ballpark area

We should expect the 5000 series for the Fall of 2024.
So we still have plenty of time with Ada Lovelace.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I almost guarantee they won't do both a 90ti and titan. There's really no point as they are the same card, just more vram and different drivers. Why buy the titan when you could just get an A100?

4080 20gb doesn't exist, just like the 3080 20gb.

I can totatlly see them releasing both SKUs, a Ti with 24G and a Ada Titan with 48G.

Double 3080s were made and hit the streets, Nvidia just sold it directly to miners cuz of course they are that scummy.

If the 4080'20G doesnt come out by end of year, Ill get a 4080'16G and eat the box with no gravy.
Most of kopites leaks are super accurate, it just depends on availability and driver support, if Windows drivers arent released its basically a mining/linux card and thats that.
Even the 3070'16G ended up hitting the streets
MSI-RTX3080-20GB-HERO.jpg

RTX-3070TI-16GB-HERO.jpg

dcx4610

This is why it never makes sense to buy the top of the line GPU. Tech just progresses too fast with GPUs and while I wouldn't say the 4090 will be obsolete any time soon, there will be better cards soon after. It's a never ending pursuit to have the best.

Zug

This is why it never makes sense to buy the top of the line GPU. Tech just progresses too fast with GPUs and while I wouldn't say the 4090 will be obsolete any time soon, there will be better cards soon after. It's a never ending pursuit to have the best.
Which is why price/performance ratio should be the first thing considered for computer parts.
4080/4090s are abyssimal in this regard, 4070ti's are less bad but still bad, the new AMD cards are not better.
Also let's be realistic : just about every game from this generation runs and will run well on a 3080.

Black_Stride

Looks great, but i'm definitly waiting for the 5090 next year. My 3090 will do just fine until then.
As long as you arent playing at 4K youll be fine.
If you are planning on gaming at Native 4K.
Keep telling yourself the card is fine otherwise buying a range topper will always have buyers remorse attached to it.

Zug

Keep telling yourself the card is fine otherwise buying a range topper will always have buyers remorse attached to it.
No one needs to play native 4k when DLSS exists. And all games that may struggle at 4k and max details have a DLSS option anyway.
For actual gaming, except maybe for very niches uses (like FS2020 in VR), a 4090 is very bad value atm, and it's power won't be usefull for the couple years to come.
Professional usage is another topic, the 4090 may shine there.

Hohenheim

Yeah, I have a 1440p 240hz monitor, so not native 4K. I'll probably get a 4K monitor if I upgrade to a 5090 rig late next year when that's out.
That upgrade depends on if any upcoming games between now and then struggles to maintain smooth and high frame rates on my current 3090 rig. So far it's all good.

MikeM

I think this card will offer absolutely terrible value

The 3090 ti was 2000 USD, so the lowest this card could be is 2200, which makes me believe Nvidia will. round up to 250

A Titan will obviously be at least 3000.

I think it's going to be overkill unless new CPU come along.
High end is usually terrible value.
You have to be rich to be a pc gamer nowdays
Meh. Can bulld a decent 5600/6700xt pc for modest pricing. Dont need high end for a good experience

Tomi

When will those prices go down ffs
Those graphic card manufacturers will go bankrupt very soon

Black_Stride

You have to be rich to be a pc gamer nowdays
Not at all.
You can make a super decent PC for ~700 dollars.
Sure its not going to be doing HFR 4K native.....but itll easily handle most if not all "nextgen" games for the whole generation.
Wait till 2024, your CPU will still be perfect fine, you just need(not really) to upgrade your GPU easy work.
Hopefully the ~500 - 600 dollar GPU matches a currentgen 1000+ dollar GPU.
So you are all but ready for 4K with DLSS/FSR/XeSS.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Not at all.
You can make a super decent PC for ~700 dollars.
Sure its not going to be doing HFR 4K native.....but itll easily handle most if not all "nextgen" games for the whole generation.
Wait till 2024, your CPU will still be perfect fine, you just need(not really) to upgrade your GPU easy work.
Hopefully the ~500 - 600 dollar GPU matches a currentgen 1000+ dollar GPU.
So you are all but ready for 4K with DLSS/FSR/XeSS.

That's assuming you live in UK/US/AUS Japan etc. Anyone outside of these countries would have a hard time building and maintaining a PC

Black_Stride

That's assuming you live in UK/US/AUS Japan etc. Anyone outside of these countries would have a hard time building and maintaining a PC
<--- Currently lives in Southern Africa.
Lived in the Southern US, London UK and Sydney Aus over the 15 or so years.

So not sure what region you are talking about.
Cuz I would think Africa especially SADC would be one of the worst regions to maintain a "decent" gaming PC.
But we always manage, we dont need xx80Tis cuz an xx60 or xx70 will get you 90% of the way to the finish line.
CPUs are stupidly powerful right now, there is no realy cost/benefit going to an i9.

hinch7

Absolutely agree.

LMK when a 200 USD graphics card that runs games at twice/thrice the frame rate and lower power consumption vs a RX 580 shows up.

I'll just take care of my backlog until I can substantially upgrade my rig at a decent price.
Already exists. A 6600XT is over 2x as fast as a RX 580 and can be found for $200. Similar TDP at 160W.

If you want 3x at $200 and assuming a RX 7600XT is around a 6700XT performance. You'd be waiting another few years.. after 7600XT releases, when its on its way out.

FingerBang

High end is usually terrible value.
True if we talk in absolute terms, eg performance per dollars, but things change in perspective.

The 3090 gave you 10% more for double the price. The 4090 gives you a lot more for less coming from the previous generation.

Comparatively, the 4090 offers good value, but absolutely it does not. The 4090 ti will definitely offer terrible value no matter what. But hey, sometimes you have that kind of money to spend, so why not.

Gudji

OverHeat

« generous god »
Will pass like I pass the 3090 ti will upgrade when the 5090 release my 4090 is more then enough.

Reactions: Rea

REDRZA MWS

That's kinda the thing isn't it, you buy an insane GPU for 1500-2000 dollars / euro's and you still have to deal with shit like shader stutters, bad CPU optimisation and driver issues. While on console things just work, perhaps on a lower fidelity, but how would you know better if the only setting you can choose is 30 vs 60 fps (or sometimes even 60 vs 120 fps).
And most times, especially on my 77” LG GX my Ps5 and XSX really aren’t lower fidelity. With hdmi 2.1 some of my console games run at 120fps. My 2080ti is hdmi 2.0, and with all the issues you described aptly, the PC is severely over rated, especially considering the cost bs consoles.

Rickyiez

At this point , 4080 looks like a generation behind , I pitied those who bought it .

p/s still waiting for 4080 Ti

Last edited:

CLW

In my country a 4090 costs 2.000 USD.

I dont get why they make GPUs like 0.1 percent of the userbase is able to pay for.

But hey, its a luxury product only Bill Gates can afford so grats nvidia, you did it again!
$2 man I wanna life where you do we can’t even buy a dozen eggs for $2

dEvAnGeL

Releasing a Ti model of their flagship card only a few months after the release is not a smart thing to do. If i had to guess, the 4090Ti will be 10 to 15% improvement over the 4090 in performance. But at what cost? 4090 is and will still be a fantastic GPU. The Ti variant will mostly benefit those using 4k high refresh monitors.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
They're very intentionally trying to drive people to Geforce Now, they want the poors to be perpetual renters like every other industry.

Same board and same memory means the 4090Ti FE will be "$1999".
I haven't given any attention to GeForce now, but this all makes so much sense now.
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Top Bottom