• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] 6 million $ Activision E3 party to feature Lady GAGA!.

Pooya

vg247
If the current round of LA chatter turns out to be true, tomorrow’s Activision “preview” event at the Staples Center is going to be both unmissable and ridiculous.

VG247 has been told that the party, which has cost $6 million, will “definitely” feature both Usher and Jane’s Addiction, as well as a mystery headline act – both Lady Gaga and Beyonce have been mentioned in the past 24 hours.

Not all. The event is actually taking place in the Staples Center. Not in an outside part of it. It’s in the actual auditorium. Why? Well, it’d be tough to have the LA Philharmonic Orchestra squashed into one of the outdoor bars. And how could you lower down a skate ramp while Tony Hawk is skating on it into anything but the home of the LA Lakers?

Think that’s mental? Apparently Activision has recruited the world’s “best strippers” for the party, and will have the ladies doing their thing at every corner of the crowd.

If you’re now thinking it might be a good time to try for a ticket, tough lines. The event is strictly invite-only, and all requests are non-transferable.

Are we going? Of course we are. It starts at 9.00pm PST tomorrow night.
WTF
:O

That's probably the money that should have been payed to IW. :lol

bobby-kotick.jpg

miladesn said:
Think that’s mental? Apparently Activision has recruited the world’s “best strippers” for the party, and will have the ladies doing their thing at every corner of the crowd.

Where's this party again?

Also
what the fuck?

shintoki said:
It's Infinity Ward's unpaid bonuses at work.

Heh.

If I was a member of one of Activision's teams which have been hit by cutbacks, shake-ups etc. I'm sure reading how my company was blowing massive amounts of money on a party would do wonders for my morale...

Firewire

Banned
I wonder if Activision is using the bonus funds it was supposed to pay out to Infinity Ward employee's for this.

EDIT: Beaten badly. :lol

Daaaamn, and I'm mad the the title didn't mention the other 3 artists....:lol :lol

Because I'm sure Beyonce took most of that $6 million :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Activision: Lady Gaga > Infinity Ward

freddy

Banned
I'm sure there will be fond memories of this party for years. When someone sits down to write write the next game review and sees the Activision logo sitting there for example

border

:lol

The Lady Gaga performance will probably cost them more money than DJ Hero 2 is going to gross. That's the only reason I don't believe it -- it's a huge expenditure for the promotion of an ultimately niche product.

Top Bottom