• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: ACIV: Black Flag is sub-1080p on Xbox One

chadskin

Last week, we brought you news of Bungie’s Destiny possibly running at a sub-1080p on the Xbox One in its alpha phase, based on the words of a tester.

It appears that the latest entrant in Ubisoft’s popular franchise, Assassin’s Creed, suffers a similar fate on Microsoft’s next-gen console. During the latest episode of his weekly show, Annoyed Gamer, game journalist Marcus Beer briefly talks about a visible difference between the two next-gen console versions of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. According to him, the Xbox One version looks “fuzzier” and “strained”, while the PS4 version looks “sharper”, “crisper”, and has “better draw distances”.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN editor) tweeted:

Sounds like AC4 is sub-1080 on Xbox One as well.
AC4 resolution isn't confirmed, btw. Just a rumor.

Source

1080p me if old.

This will be par for the course with the Xbox One and Microsoft will get away with it because people most people will accept. I think it's a joke, personally.

I think people who watched the admittedly poor video that's been shown have concluded that it isn't 1080p, but is also likely above 720p.

900p would be my guess.

2QpBtEk.gif

madmackem

WOW xboxone really is going to be my exclusive box only if this continues, im not paying the same price for a game that is better on my other console.

At least there is one positive bonus of all these 720p games, people will finally play Kinect games with the right amount of space with all those moved back couches.

Steel

Banned
I think the more important thing here is that ps4 also has a bigger draw distance, which is honestly a better gameplay feature than resolution(imo). That and I think it would be more than a rumor on that point, very easy to tell if draw distances are different.

People can't tell the difference anyway

Sit further away from your TV

720p was intentional for balance

Some people say 720p looks better than 1080p

It about the gameplay not graphics anyway

Have you seen Titanfall?

Am I doing it right???

8bit

Knows the Score
Wait a minute! My T.V. set doesn't work! It's broken!
What are we gonna do tonight? This isn't fair! We're hurtin'.

Top Bottom