• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: An "Xbox One II" mass production started in Feb 2016.

ekim

Notice how the "II" part is in Chinese. So this is not the official name. It's just saying it's Xbox One Model 2 --> Slim.

Amgash

Banned
The lack of leaks from the production makes me doubt this. Plus it seems too early, even for a holiday launch.

Omadahl

Banned
XBONE PART DEUX

MV5BMTQyMDM5MTUyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYzOTUyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Dynomutt

I here in China there are individuals who have the letter "X" in their names also the production or assembly of many electronics occur there. Any coincidence?

It's not called Xbox One II. It says "Xbox One second generation".

A slim really makes sense IMO. PS4 upgrade might be been reactionary, but was more due to PSVR. Microsoft has no such thing (yet), so a cheap console to help an already "lost" console generation makes sense to me.

jondy1703

Neo Member
Well, 二代 in romaji is nidai, nidaime can mean second generation.

Second generation Xbox One. Were there any minute changes to the Xbox One that anyone remembers? Like when the PS3 started being manufactured with the smaller scale processor from 90 nm to 65 nm to 45 nm? And that just reduced power consumption?

Maybe these are already on the market?

I hope it looks Shmexy. Slim version would be nice!

buuuut, i prob wont buy it unless there were some substantial upgrades in the box.

ps3ud0

Pointed this out in the other thread.

Uh, 800g is only like 1.7lbs.

Doesn't the Xbox One currently weigh like 3000g or 6-7lbs.

That would be a HUGE difference. Or is that just for some component?
Id say the weight of the fully ladened motherboard

ps3ud0 8)

KampferZeon

Neo Member
The literal translation should be "xbox one second generation"

expected production capacity is 400K per week / 1.2 million a month seems too low, no?

Steejee

I'd likely interpret it as 'XBox One, Revision 2'

Not a PS4K or NX equivalent, just the standard hardware refreshes you get each console cycle, though probably more significant than the small changes they do constantly.

Raist

Banned

I would guess weight difference with the OG XB1?

GavinGT

Banned
The lack of leaks from the production makes me doubt this. Plus it seems too early, even for a holiday launch.

The 360 slim was kept relatively close to the chest prior to its E3 2010 announcement, and its was on store shelves a couple weeks later.

We got a production rumor in March, and we didn't see what it looked like until the day before the unveiling.

Arttemis

But Phil already said there won't be a .5 version.
Phil was referring to not releasing a spec-improved upgraded Xbox. A slim revision isn't the same as a PS4K upgraded console; it could just be a form factor change to reduce manufacturing costs, which has happened in many other gens.

Maybe its gonna be a "normal" sized model that isnt a giant VCR you can kill people with.

Xbox One 2 would be the dumbest name ever.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

If not a component, no optical drive is the only way it hits that weight.

Top Bottom