• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: An "Xbox One II" mass production started in Feb 2016.

EvB

Who is going to buy a redesign when updated consoles are on the near horizon?

Other signs have pointed to more than 1 sku coming at the same time

YCtIeF1.png

My Bet:

Xbox One Slim - 2016
..Through 2017 OG xbox is phased out of production.
Next Xbox - 2017
... Has substantial upgrade over current xbox one specs. lol Price drop for Xbox Slim announced.

Prob wrong though huh!!!

KampferZeon

Neo Member
Any chance of translating the whole screen? Trying to find out what AP5/AP(V) is/are - is that the name of the company?

ps3ud0 8)

Sure Here you go

New Project
AP5 XBOX One 2nd Gen Project

Project Start Time 2014 March
Client : Microsoft
Product : XBox One 2nd Gen
Machine : Kingston
Estimated Shipment : Maximum 400K / week
Plastic Product Unit weight : 600 ~ 800g
Current Status : AP(V) work with client co-develop and certify Sabic & Chill raw material

EVT D : Now
Hard Tool Development : Oct -- delay
MP ( Mass Production ) : Feb

ekim

Sure Here you go

New Project
AP5 XBOX One 2nd Gen Project

Project Start Time 2014 March
Client : Microsoft
Product : XBox One 2nd Gen
Machine : Kingston
Estimated Shipment : Maximum 400K / week
Plastic Product Unit weight : 600 ~ 800g
Current Status : AP(V) work with client co-develop and certify Sabic & Chill raw material

EVT D : Now
Hard Tool Development : Oct -- delay
MP ( Mass Production ) : Feb

Machine Kingston
hm... whatever that means.
So the weight it just for the plastic parts? Seems a bit high.
And any idea what AP(V) work is? Sabic and Cheill are manufacturers for plastics.

KampferZeon

Neo Member
hm... whatever that means.
So the weight it just for the plastic parts? Seems a bit high.
And any idea what AP(V) work is? Sabic and Cheill are manufacturers for plastics.

No clue what AP5 AP(V) means. My guess is project code / client code

Sizzel

All iterative everything consoles. I can't imagine microsoft isn't going to follow suit especially since their basic box is woefully underpowered even compared to the PS4 Basic and that has been a huge marketing/talking point.

With that Neo release, XBOX brand market/mind share will slip even more .now whether or not this is that Xbox fire back who knows. It seems a little crazy to do a slim shortly followed up by the Xbox unleashed super power turbo edition though.

rrc1594

Guys if it was an Xbox 1.5 or something, don't you think we would heard something by now like specs or codename? It's a slim.

Still no leaks about any upgraded hardware though, it really wouldn't surprise me if it's just a slim Xbox One. If you're coming with another Xbox One you might as well upgrade the hardware but maybe Phil Spencer was serious and we'll have to wait for a true new Xbox a little longer. So far not a whole lot of people are fan of Sony's plans, so maybe MS is sitting this one out and sees how the reactions here. A bit risky though i guess. But we just don't know. After all AMD did confirm console SOCs.

viHuGi

Banned
People saying Slim here haha

They wont let Sony go ahead with a much more powerful console again, this is a much more powerful Xbox in the works just like Ps4K.

E3 lets go BABY !

Top Bottom