• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR based on job posting: Smash Bros. [6?] launching in 2015, Namco hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Besides, since when do job listing for video games specifically says for what game the job listing is for?

This whole thing is starting to smell fake.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm more concerned about the development team count. Brawl had 700 people working on it, so that's one hell of a downgrade for SSB4.

NateDrake

Besides, since when do job listing for video games specifically says for what game the job listing is for?

This whole thing is starting to smell fake.

They list the "exact" development team size, title name, etc... When has a Nintendo game been this detailed in a job description ever?

I'm more concerned about the development team count. Brawl had 700 people working on it, so that's one hell of a downgrade for SSB4.
Where was this ever said or confirmed? I thought the game only had about 100 full-time employees working on it.

takoyaki

The google translation is spot-on. Namco Bandai are looking for a programer that will join a team of 120 people, with plans to increase the staff to 200. They are explicitly talking about Smash Brothers 6 for 3DS and WiiU which they plan to release in 2015.

Has anybody used the site before? It looks like a Japanese "monster.com" or something; they mention their relationship with big companies and "tenshoku" means "changing jobs". The simplest answer might be that somebody made a fake job posting to troll 2chan, like the guy who tried to erase Ubi's copyright for Watchdogs.

Other than that, they are either using the wrong number and the game has been pushed to 2015 OR there is a follow-up to Smash4 (WiiU) and Smash5 (3DS) in the works, but why not use the phrasing "Smash 6 and 7" when they seem to differentiate between the WiiU/3DS version of the upcoming game.

I find it hard to believe Nintendo have ever had that many people on a single project.

incoming 100 posts telling me I'm wrong.

inopedes

Banned
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Cut out knee jerk reactions and you lose 75% of GAF's content.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
They list the "exact" development team size, title name, etc... When has a Nintendo game been this detailed in a job description ever?

Where was this ever said or confirmed? I thought the game only had about 100 full-time employees working on it.

I legitimately can't tell if this is a joke.

I find it hard to believe Nintendo have ever had that many people on a single project.

incoming 100 posts telling me I'm wrong.

From Sakurai himself:

Looking at all the staff that appears in the staff credits, it was about 700 people.

L~A

Yeah... 700 total. That includes contractors, people who worked on the soundtrack, etc... That doesn't mean the team was made of 700 persons.

takoyaki

^ Yeah, but he might be talking about 700 people when you include: PR, marketing, translation into dozens of languages, "thank you" to family members and productions babies, etc.

the quote from the job listing was talking about the Namco staff that is designing and programming the game right now.

edit: beaten.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is clearly Smash 4
This year's Smash is 5
Next year is 6
They're annualizing the series.

Hm, I always thought it was Smash 6 because the 3DS and Wii U games counted as two games (despite not succeeding each other).

Was this rumour debunked or could we expect something like this at the end of today's 33 minute Direct?

Mariolee

Hm, I always thought it was Smash 6 because the 3DS and Wii U games counted as two games (despite not succeeding each other).

Was this rumour debunked or could we expect something like this at the end of today's 33 minute Direct?

I...don't think this post was worth bumping this thread, especially when the Direct is literally in 15 minutes and we'll find out soon.

"Smash 6" is presumably the ultimate version of Smash 3D/U for NX, which I believe were known as Smash 4 and 5 internally respectively, and since Nintendo still isn't talking about NX I don't expect anything on this to surface until then.

I...don't think this post was worth bumping this thread, especially when the Direct is literally in 15 minutes and we'll find out soon.

Oh crumbs, sorry! Was just curious if there was anything new on this, I'd love to know what the future of Smash is given Sakurai can't keep making new games from scratch with the teams involved.

"Smash 6" is presumably the ultimate version of Smash 3D/U for NX, which I believe were known as Smash 4 and 5 internally respectively, and since Nintendo still isn't talking about NX I don't expect anything on this to surface until then.

Aye, this is what I'm hoping for. Smash makes sense as a game to do cross-gen with, as an upgraded version, given how feature-rich it already is.

As much as I'd love to see Splatoon make it to NX with feature and update parity, it'll probably be the sequel that'll make it. But Smash seems like a good bet given the resources and time involved in making a wholly new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom