• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR based on job posting: Smash Bros. [6?] launching in 2015, Namco hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
from here:

http://tenshoku-ex.jp/job/show/2880389

translation from google:

Wanted ] background
Is released in 2015 " Smash Bros. 6" has been produced to Wii-U and 3DS for at Bandai Namco and Nintendo . It consists of about 120 people present, the project is scheduled to increase the number up to 200 people . I have been led to the recruitment of this accordingly.

[ Job description ]
In game development project of " Smash Bros. 6" , you will be engaged as a programmer .

[ Specifically ]
Teams are divided finely development portion of the game .
Character in charge of production
Stage production in charge
Stage mechanism responsible
· 3D program personnel
Motion control charge
Game mode charge
Mini- game in charge
Menu screen charge
Menu around in charge of the UI
Such as , in charge is divided finely Besides , it is the image that I am in charge of a good business .

[ Chance Add to Bandai Namco is only now
These days when " social game" is we have raised , recruiting consumers ( deferred) game it is with the situation very little . I think under such circumstances , I think that for any future opportunity to be involved in the development project of Smash Bros. more than 10 million copies world total , and the timing of Bandai Namco 's the solicitation of consumer game programmer and , whether now or never .
※ It becomes the adoption of the " BANDAI NAMCO studio " .

No idea why they speak of Smash Bros. 6, or what that means. We all know this is Smash Bros. 4, or at least the one we've been following. A better translation would be appreciated.

If true, I'm out Nintendo. This game should have been at launch.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jesus Christ, dude. Chill out.

The Direct is in two days. Second, it says Smash Bros. 6. Smash Bros. 5 doesn't even exist!

Persona7

Banned
I guessed they were going to do a blowout at E3 this year and then announce the release date around E3 next year.

I don't believe that Nintendo would allow a recruiter/Namco to post such a detailed job description. If so, that's probably the poorest oversight by Nintendo I've ever seen. I'm gonna stick it out until Tuesday. But if I had to make a prediction, I'd bet this is for the 3DS version and maybe some DLC.

GamerJM

Banned
Seems like a typo to me, as discussed in the Smash topic. If it does happen to be true, by off-chance, then I'm interested to see what Nintendo has planned at E3 for release this year. In order to have a balanced release schedule they'd probably have to announce something for release within the next year, much like they did last year with 3D World and Tropical Freeze. There's a good chance they'll do that anyways, but Smash being delayed further increases that.

Anth0ny

Jesus Christ, dude. Chill out.

The Direct is in two days. Second, it says Smash Bros. 6. Smash Bros. 5 doesn't even exist!

3DS is Smash 5, apparently.

Clearly 6 is for iOS since Nintendo is going third party next year

L~A

Smash Bros. 6? Damn, Nintendo now annualising Super Smash Bros.? Nintendo finally showing their true colours and their creative bankruptcy!!11!! F*ck this, I'm outta here!!!!...

Yeah, whatever.

Not too sure if you can create threads without a good translation.

This.

Abriael

Banned
It says that Smash Bros 6 is expected to be released in 2015, and they're hiring for that.

there aren't many ways around that translation. What it means, your guess is as good as mine, but in this case google's not far off.

"Smash bros 6" may very well be a working title

Chittagong

Gold Member
tumblr_m9s72v0ukT1ro2xth.gif

I doubt it. Seems like one smash a console/generation is all we need. Why would we need another one on wii u/3ds? Doubt this is true.

E-phonk

Banned
Smash Bros Adventure WiiU - a online 3D multiplayer competitive action/shooter game featuring all nintendo franchises. You start with only Pitt, NFC to add characters.

You know this is it.

Jackano

This post doesn't make any sense.
Except if the deal between Nintendo and NamcoBandai was over several games, and they count the 3DS one as SSB5.
At this point, I think it's a typo, 6 instead of 4. But 2015? ouch if real. We'll know soon enough.

Greenzxy

OR it could mean we'll be getting 4 brand new smash games for 3DS and WII u in less than a Year apart! !!!!!!
HYYYPPE

Edit: MAKE THAT SIX

trinest

Could this potentially mean a delay? With out a proper translation its hard to tell no?

Though it is interesting. Another Smash so soon. If they do it yearly both WiiU/3DS I think Nintendo is well and truly in panic mode, and it seems pretty disaterious, I don't think Smash would work as a yearly release.

I like the idea it will be for the next console. If they say any different it probably would worry consumers this early in the game. But with 2015/2016/2017 been potential release years for the new console, they could potentially be trying to bring it out at launch.

But what about Smash 5?

That is the 3DS title.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What is that website anyway? We've never talked about it here before, and just because it points to a potential delay, now it deserves attention? Namco may not be the most secretive company, but Nintendo certainly is, would they allow Namco to talk about Smash so openly on a job listing? With a mistake in it, even.

What is that website anyway? We've never talked about it here before, and just because it points to a potential delay, now it deserves attention? Namco may not be the most secretive company, but Nintendo certainly is, would they allow Namco to talk about Smash so openly on a job listing? With a mistake in it, even.

That's what I was saying. Just doesn't make any sense especially when it's about a Company as secretive as Nintendo. Oh well though. Find out Tuesday and I'll buy the game either way.

ecosse_011172

I presume this, if genuine, is for finishing up work on Smash WiiU/3DS and they've screwed some details.
I can't imagine a Smash sequel one year later or the next one being delayed by a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom