• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: big game store just got new "Batman" posters (Rocksteady's new Batman game?)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was hoping that they'd give the series a breather and explore some of the very, very interesting DC characters right now like Green Arrow and Aquaman.

Even with the success of Arrow, I highly doubt that the mainstream audience cares so much about this character, that Rocksteady would makes just nearly as much money as they could with Batman.

And Aquaman? Really? Nobody in the mainstream audience knows who Aquaman is. The most people know him as a joke from Big Bang Theory.

Tadale

Can we just not call it 'Arkham XXXX' again? It seems really silly to think that the Arkham name is what's selling these games.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That could translate well over to video games? Absolutely. Batman is about as interesting as spoiled milk.
They dont care if a charachter is "interesting". They care if they could make money with a character. And the last three Batman movies proved that you can make a hell of money with Batman.

Is there anything Zeppelin related in the Batman universe? While I was at work yesterday (I work at GameStop) I saw we had "Zeppelin poster announce" coming in and I was hopping it was gonna be something Rock Band related (I can dream can't I?) but I'm gonna assume it is these Batman posters.

FourMyle

They dont care if a charachter is "interesting". They care if they could make money with a character. And the last three Batman movies proved that you can make a hell of money with Batman.

That's all true. As a consumer I was just hoping they'd expand to the rest of the DC universe. There is a lot of potential for really great Green Arrow/Aquaman/Wonder Woman/Flash games, and it would be a shame if they spend all this gen making nothing but Batman games as well.

.la1n

I hope it will be more Asylum and less City / Origins. I am sure the game will still look great even if it is cross gen, obviously the UE3 contract is very telling. Hey WB while you are at it how about a New 52 Swamp Thing video game?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is there anything Zeppelin related in the Batman universe? While I was at work yesterday (I work at GameStop) I saw we had "Zeppelin poster announce" coming in and I was hopping it was gonna be something Rock Band related (I can dream can't I?) but I'm gonna assume it is these Batman posters.
Zeppelins are a important point of the gothic asthetic of Gotham. Also, there was a lot of Zeppelins in Arkham City in the Skybox.

Monooboe

I really enjoyed all the Arkham games but even I got that "oh not another one" feeling seeing that poster. I still want that Rocksteady Turtles game!

That could translate well over to video games? Absolutely. Batman is about as interesting as spoiled milk.

While I would love to see probably 85% of DC (and Marvel) characters nuked from orbit, but Batman is not one of them. They just need to cut out the "Batman's greatest hits" feel to the endless parade of villains who behave in tiresomely familiar, charicatured ways.

Gurrry

I hear its going to be set on Valentines Day. Thats why there will be no one but criminals on the streets of Arkham, everyone is too busy inside with their loved ones!

Love the batman games but this is getting to be to much. What if they make a justice league type one? Like start introducing new allies.

Asylum is still my fav.

Enhance.

fLdDmpK.jpg

Ha.

I hear its going to be set on Valentines Day. Thats why there will be no one but criminals on the streets of Arkham, everyone is too busy inside with their loved ones!

You laugh but when I was trying to find somewhere open for dinner on the 24th of Dec in Frankfurt it was actually like that. 90% of people in the streets at 7pm were extremely shady looking.

Interfectum

While I would love to see probably 85% of DC (and Marvel) characters nuked from orbit, but Batman is not one of them. They just need to cut out the "Batman's greatest hits" feel to the endless parade of villains who behave in tiresomely familiar, charicatured ways.

Yup, agreed. They need to push Batman forward instead of doing the villain parade every single game.

Blues1990

That logo alone extinguished my hope of it being a Batman Beyond game. I will just keep dreaming I guess :/
That was what I was hoping for, as well. I would love to glide across the future Gotham skyline as Terry, along with hearing "Old-Man Wayne" giving me directions on my next objective.

Epcott

The entirety of Gotham
Play as Bruce and wear disguises
Toned down reliance on detective mode
Actual detective work and puzzles

Pleeeeeeease Rockybaby! Please!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't want to see the Batman Arkham games become annual releases. It already seems to be going that way if this is a new game. The whole situation feels exactly what's happened to Assassin's Creed thanks to Blackgate Origins being a parallel example to Liberation HD.

Batman_Arkham_series_logo.png

Would fit the theme of logos so far. Seems a bit tame compared to the others mind you.

Red/flame outlines definitely fits the hints dropped in AC by Azrael.

"From the ashes of Arkham, the fires will rage and Gotham will burn....."

Twas my guess

If this is indeed the final game in their trilogy then I expect a kind of somber ending, just like in ALL BATMAN MEDIA
excited that rocksteady is back in on it

Chindogg

I'm still waiting for my super creative Green Lantern game with the different lanterns and constructs with awesome alien villains.

Top Bottom