• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Black Ops 3 beta for pre-orders/ release date 11.6.15 (on a Friday)

CDYV-uZWAAAmpG4.png

Black Ops 1 had an online beta if you had a modded console, played a bit of it although it was a week before official release. WaW was the last open beta.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's a pretty good promotional decision given the decline. Let people try it out for free and get excited again.
Oh, I agree. Just been a long time since CoD has done one. I do expect this game to do better than AW and Ghosts as a direct sequel to one of the most popular CoD subseries instead of starting a new one.

Flandy

Where'd the rumor about Sony having a Marketing Deal for Black Ops 3 even start? Anyone got a link to the thread/post?

My friend who works at GS sent this picture to me a few hours ago and told me not to say anything. Glad Activision is finally letting COD have a beta. I might actually buy it this year if its good.

This isnt even a big deal in my book. The beta my friend got access to last night is the real news. Sadly his Gamertag is plastered all over the picture. But I'll say MS has a build of a HUGE franchise already playable and its not Halo.

VinFTW

My friend who works at GS sent this picture to me a few hours ago and told me not to say anything. Glad Activision is finally letting COD have a beta. I might actually buy it this year if its good.

This isnt even a big deal in my book. The beta my friend got access to last night is the real news. Sadly his Gamertag is plastered all over the picture. But I'll say MS has a build of a HUGE franchise already playable and its not Halo.

what?

world at war beta was the most fun I have ever had gaming I think. So many good memories of crawling under the maps and fucking with people. Shooting flamethrowers through the floor. Even though it pissed people off, it was fun to no end

jschreier

It's Gears of War. The big question (which hopefully I'll be able to answer soon) is whether it's the new game or a collection.

I think that's a disclaimer in case they intend to put out the beta on 360/PS3 as well.

Right, agreed. Just wanted to get ahead of the "why is it only on certain platforms" questions that invariably clog leak threads.

It's Gears of War. The big question (which hopefully I'll be able to answer soon) is whether it's the new game or a collection.

Both are all but guaranteed on the Xbox One - really a matter of which is released first. Seems like the collection is the smart way to go.

Wereroku

I really want to post the pic but I cant. He'll get into so much trouble. Let me see if I can do something real quick.

Why don't you just give us the name of the game and let a mod confirm the pic? That's a lot more useful to everyone.

Edit:

So it's Gears you are hinting at per Jason?

fernoca

Beta is current gen only.

Game is cross gen.
"Cross Gen" though.

Main SKUs are current gen, other versions are ports (like Advanced Warfare). People tend to refer as cross gen when is a last gen port to current gen, when it's the opposite in this case.

●●●●●●●
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bsigg12

I really want to post the pic but I cant. He'll get into so much trouble. Let me see if I can do something real quick.

Obviously don't post anything if there is any sort of information that'll show it's him or his store. No need to get people in trouble over something that's getting announced in 2 days.

Welfare

"Cross Gen" though.

Main SKUs are current gen, other versions are ports (like Advanced Warfare). People tend to refer as cross gen when is a last gen port to current gen, when it's the opposite.

Cross gen mean cross gen :)

It's on both 7th and 8th gen.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well it's been about a year and a half since they acquired the IP and it's a third person shooter on Unreal Engine 4 so I can't imagine it takes that long to make something playable and publicly presentable, especially for multiplayer.

If they want to do something like Halo 5 did with early play testing it's about time.

NateDrake

Well it's been about a year and a half since they acquired the IP and it's a third person shooter on Unreal Engine 4 so I can't imagine it takes that long to make something playable and publicly presentable, especially for multiplayer.

If they want to do something like Halo 5 did with early play testing it's about time.

The smart move would be a Gears of War Collection to fill the release schedule with software and include a beta for a later date. Gears of War 3 had the beta in the spring prior to its release..

Top Bottom