• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Blizzard Lays Off Their Senior Level Designer On Titan [Up: Seemingly True]

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Gravijah said:
probably comming to work
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Acidote

Cipherr said:
Talking about Razorgore and Vael. Such memories. We were a very well disciplined guild, ripped through MC faster than all but 1 other guild on our server. But those first two boss fights in BWL were really something else. We lost a few people and recruited a few during that period. Those fights really humbled the fuck out of us. I dont think I have ever been so happy to see a boss die as I was when Vael died. Alliance had some sort of skill (salvation I think) that IIRC Horde shaman didnt have early on, and we were jealous as shit, because threat was a bitch on Vael.

BURNING ADRENALINE!

alphaNoid

Banned
Acullis said:
Huh. That sucks. I'm really hoping Titan doesn't go the way of SC:Ghost.
FYI Titan just left the framework stage not long ago. Level designers and artists just got their hands involved recently. You probably won't see anything Titan related until closer to 2014.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
His LinkedIn profile was updated, and it shows he stopped worked at Blizzard in November 2011:

LinkedIn said:
Director of Content Design
FireForge
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Computer Games industry
March 2012 – Present (5 months) Orange County, CA USA

Senior Level Designer II
Blizzard Entertainment
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Computer Games industry
October 2000 – November 2011 (11 years 2 months)
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-staats/22/a05/967

Interesting, but I'm not sure what this would mean for a project still deep in development and far away. The earliest we're likely to even see a teaser of some kind is next year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Interesting, but I'm not sure what this would mean for a project still deep in development and far away. The earliest we're likely to even see a teaser of some kind is next year.

Well, if we assume this is true given the Facebook listings:

This would imply they weren't super stoked with the progress the game was making and a fair part of the team was probably more so replaced than laid off for financial reasons.

Well, if we assume this is true given the Facebook listings:

This would imply they weren't super stoked with the progress the game was making and a fair part of the team was probably more so replaced than laid off for financial reasons.

Curious if it would have been in regards to progress in terms of how fast development was moving, or more direction, in what the game was shaping up to be.

We still only have very fuzzy ideas about it at best, and nothing really in terms of mechanics/features. It's been rumored to be sci-fi, rumored to be a shooter, rumored to be more casual friendly/social than even WoW. I'm not sure how many, if any of those, I believe (probably sci-fi at least.)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Curious if it would have been in regards to progress in terms of how fast development was moving, or more direction, in what the game was shaping up to be.

We still only have very fuzzy ideas about it at best, and nothing really in terms of mechanics/features. It's been rumored to be sci-fi, rumored to be a shooter, rumored to be more casual friendly/social than even WoW. I'm not sure how many, if any of those, I believe (probably sci-fi at least.)

I think this is the closest thing we've gotten to an official statement.

GameSpot said:
When asked about the efforts behind the new Battle.net online gaming service, Kotick listed Blizzard's upcoming slate. "What we've announced at Blizzard is that we have Starcraft [II] coming, Diablo has been in production...and a new, unannounced MMOG that has a little more broad appeal," said the executive.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzards-next-mmog-to-have-more-broad-appeal-6226767

Top Bottom