• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Blockbuster UK lists 25 (speculative?) Wii U games in database

Squire

Banned
Yeah I put a space in their name in the article, and you have to click through the other link to see the monitors.

I assume that's supposed to be the new one.

Must be an E3 reveal. FINALLY. Will (probably) buy.

On PS3, of course.

Hopefully not true, or at least not complete.

Pikmin and NSMB Wii U will not cut it for me.

I don't care about the third party ports at all. Have plenty of platforms already that can give me that.

Tuck

Never believe anything from Nintendo Go :)

I don't get the Go Nintendo hate. I haven't visited in a while, but I remember them being pretty good about labeling things as rumors. They just aggregate from other sites, and do a good job at that.

List seems... reasonable? Probably just a guess on Blockbusters part if it is real, but it seems reasonable.

Truth101

Banned
I never said we shouldn't?

Ah that's interesting.

You said it is either speculative or fake information. Therefore useless.

To me, someone wouldn't say something was useless unless they thought it was unnecessary.

So, tell me what differentiates something from being a rumor, fake, or speculation in your mind?

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with Go Nintendo. They clearly label their content as rumors.

As for the list, I think it's a real list, but based on non-credible information. Nintendo recently said they're not actually making New SMB Mii, but instead am making a game based on it. This is contradictory to how the game was presented at E3, where it was presented separately from the Wii U tech demos as if it will be a real game.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't get the Go Nintendo hate.

Neither do I. RMC does a tirelessly fantastic job for collecting reports on all things Nintendo, and does a fine job in labeling rumors as such. It's up to you - the reader - to use your own critical thinking skills when deciding on whether a story seems legit or not. It's the same standard of thought that should be applied to all media and news aggregation sites, really.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Shield Pose being listed as a full game points to this being a speculative list based on expectation IMO.

Nice start, though.

Rich!

I was a Blockbuster store manager until a month ago. ALL of the Wii U games on the system are ENTIRELY speculated by the sales team, and are there purely as placeholders.

I even advised the games team on a few of those, including Killer Freaks when I was in Uxbridge with my DM and regional manager.

End of thread?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I was a Blockbuster store manager until a month ago. ALL of the Wii U games on the system are ENTIRELY speculated by the sales team, and are there purely as placeholders.

I even advised the games team on a few of those, including Killer Freaks when I was in Uxbridge.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Rich!

And also, those titles have been on the system for absolutely ages. Since E3 last year.

There are a couple new ones, like Rayman - but again, its just placeholder.

Instro

You said it is either speculative or fake information. Therefore useless.

To me, someone wouldn't say something was useless unless they thought it was unnecessary.

So, tell me what differentiates something from being a rumor, fake, or speculation in your mind?

I'm saying its useless to attempt to draw conclusions about the WiiU based on this list if it is speculative. There's still merit to discussing why Blockbuster would have some of these titles on there, but this is not a very good rumor since we are assuming that they have no inside info(and now that's confirmed above).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
For a long while many Vita digital $5-10 games were listed as full $40 retail games in store databases. So it's not completely out of left field.

Shield pose was just a Rhythm Heaven-like minigame. I think the likelihood of Nintendo even releasing a downloadable game centered around the idea of Shield Pose is pretty ridiculous.

Lijik

"Rabbids Party Land"
Wow they just gave the fuck up with naming these.

Wheres my Rabbids Go Home sequel, Ubisoft? It shouldn't be that hard to develop.

Instro

Shield pose was just a Rhythm Heaven-like minigame. I think the likelihood of Nintendo even releasing a downloadable game centered around the idea of Shield Pose is pretty ridiculous.

Well it could be released on the eshop as a free game/app.

linko9

Yeah, that Shield Pose makes the list seem real suspicious. But it's a boring list anyway, so whatevs. I expect we'll get some exciting launch reveals at E3 though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't get what's so boring about it? It's got a wide variety of genres and strong IPs often missing launch systems. Sure by 'boring' you just mean it's boring for you personally?

linko9

I don't get what's so boring about it? It's got a wide variety of genres and strong IPs often missing launch systems. Sure by 'boring' you just mean it's boring for you personally?

I mean the only exclusive I'm interested in is Pikmin. The multiplat stuff I'll play on my PC, where it will look nicer.

Marvel Super Heroes?

1181242137105.png

hatchx

Banned

The only major fault is the sore lack of current games. A lot year old ports. Is EA not supporting at all? No sports games? Hell, even if they released Skyrim for the thing it'd look nice.

I almost don't see that list of anything more than someone who has the same leaks as us.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yay no rpgs (Darksiders almost counts) -__-

I hope Marvel Super Heroes is in the style of X-Men Legends / Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Rich!

[Clark Gable];37630424 said:
Dat Metro, would make me buy a Wii U if true. Depending if it's the superior console version.

Metro has been on Blockbusters system since the day after E3 last year along with many others. Rabbid party has been on there since December. Like I said before, that list is speculation not fact, so please don't treat it as such unless you want to be disappointed.

Instro

I even advised the games team on a few of those, including Killer Freaks when I was in Uxbridge with my DM and regional manager.

End of thread?

Should probably be added to the OP.

fernoca

Metro has been on Blockbusters system since the day after E3 last year along with many others. Rabbid party has been on there since December. Like I said before, that list is speculation not fact, so please don't treat it as such unless you want to be disappointed.
lol no..get out of here!
Can't wait to play 'Damaged Consoles'.

Rich!

Just to double check on a few titles, I'll get my old store to give the ops department a call tomorrow.

Jburton

Banned
Every system has launch titles that are nothing more than filler, every system has ports of current gen games (that usually look better).

I believe that is not the complete launch list, certainly there will be exclusives to be shown at e3.

Top Bottom