• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel by 2K Australia for 360/PS3/PC

Zukuu

Banned
next gen or bust. Borderlands 2 on ps360 vs pc is laughable in comparison. I want more, detailed action on the screen. Explosions, bullets and brains everywhere please.

daman824

I think this is probably more of a side project though, sort of like the Telltale Borderlands game.
If it's a $60 borderlands game coming out late 2014 or early 2015, it's going to be cross gen.

Either that, or a full fledged current gen borderlands 3 is coming out not long after this prequel.

velociraptor

When last asked Randy Pitchford noted any Borderlands games releasing soon would probably have to be cross gen due to how many current gen consoles there are so I suspect this is actually crossgen.

Haven't current gen sales declined quite badly?

Even Gran Turismo 6, a juggernaut IP, sold very poorly on the PS3.

mreddie

Love borderlands but no xbo/ps4 kills this for me. Last gen needs to die already.

It's on it's last leg.

tumblr_inline_mhffpcxNiK1qz4rgp.gif

I'll play this when it's $20 or is on PS+ for free, whichever comes first. BL series for me is really terrible writing, decent enough gameplay, a leveling system that forces you to waste most of our levels on garbage perks/stat boosts, and boring environments that look totally different yet totally feel the same. The loot is cool though. That puts it above most F2P games and justifies the $20 for me.

Why wouldn't it be?

just from the preview, it sounds equal to one of the dlc...just with new characters. The moon base has even been a rumored dlc since bl2 was released. I would bet money that this is a dlc transformed into a retail game. And from the preview, I get the notion that this will all be in one setting...which sounds really lame. I would pay like 30 for this

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is Yager working on this in some capacity? Their current project is a next-gen co-op RPG FPS, which screams Borderlands.
That one is also free 2 play though, no?

Haven't current gen sales declined quite badly?

Even Gran Turismo 6, a juggernaut IP, sold very poorly on the PS3.
Assassin's Creed did 70% of its sales on 360/PS3.

That said doing only 360/PS3 would be stupid but I'm just assuming that part of the rumor is wrong.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Unless this is a digital-only title, I can't see it being a last generation exclusive.

Vire

That one is also free 2 play though, no?

Assassin's Creed did 70% of its sales on 360/PS3.

That said doing only 360/PS3 would be stupid but I'm just assuming that part of the rumor is wrong.

I think it's a case by case situation, from what I understand the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes significantly outsold the previous generation versions.

Either way, this doesn't seem particularly business savvy to me.

Last gen focus means that it'd most probably be DX9/10 compatible which means that mah crappy laptop PC will be able to run it, just like it ran BL1/2 perfectly at 900p High settings.

Day 1 for me lol. Sucks for current gen Xbone/PS4 owners looking for something new to play though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think it's a case by case situation, from what I understand the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes significantly outsold the previous generation versions.

Either way, this doesn't seem particularly business savvy to me.
I think one thing worth considering is that Borderlands 2 shipped over 8.5 million copies so there is a bit of a difference in assuming everyone is on board PS4/XB1/high end PC by what is likely this Fall.

That said ignoring those who are would also be dumb.

Rubius

Well, Borderlands is now gonna get milked isn't it?

Well the time lapse between 1 and 2 seem to had an interesting story. Would like to see Wilhelm true power and the other characters. So I dont mind it. And Handsome jack was easily the best villain of last gen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Last gen focus means that it'd most probably be DX9/10 compatible which means that mah crappy laptop PC will be able to run it, just like it ran BL1/2 perfectly at 900p High settings.

Day 1 for me lol. Sucks for current gen Xbone/PS4 owners looking for something new to play though.

As far as I'm aware there aren't any DX11-exclusive UE3 games (the closest, to the best of my knowledge, is Thief, which supports both 10 and 11) so you'd probably be able to run the game to some degree even if it were exclusive to the PS4/X1 on the console side.

Assuming this is even true, it would be a terrible idea to have it last-gen only. Sales on previous consoles are dropping like rocks and this game would probably bomb.

GamerSoul

If this were Borderlands 3 I'd understand the next gen ports but I see no problem with trying to capitalize on the 360/PS3 install base first, one last time, before finally making the jump to the PS4/ONE with a possible port.

just from the preview, it sounds equal to one of the dlc...just with new characters. The moon base has even been a rumored dlc since bl2 was released. I would bet money that this is a dlc transformed into a retail game. And from the preview, I get the notion that this will all be in one setting...which sounds really lame. I would pay like 30 for this

Yea I'm not sure how expansive the moon base setting could be. That's something ive been thinking about. But if they are searching for the artifact, it might take them to some interesting places like near the end BL1. And it's not just about the new 4 characters, the whole scenario with Handsome Jack opens up some interesting possibilities. I'm going wait and see how this turns out before I determine how much it's worth.

Well the time lapse between 1 and 2 seem to had an interesting story. Would like to see Wilhelm true power and the other characters. So I dont mind it. And Handsome jack was easily the best villain of last gen.

Agreed.

Top Bottom