• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Call of Duty: WWII to launch on November 3rd

AmyS

This will be the first CoD in many years that I buy.

Futuristic shit, get fucked.

WWII all the way.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
loved AW so probably there day one

also would really like to play this on Scorpio

Damn Sony got all the marketing deals.

Sony: Call of Duty:WWII, Star Wars Battlefront II, Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2.
Microsoft: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor,

Madden?
FIFA?
Need For Speed?
Rumored Wolfenstein: New Colossus?
Rumored new Batman Arkham game?
Rumored Shadow of the Tomb Raider?
Rumored Assassin's Creed Empire?

Chumley

Banned
This holiday is going to be a fucking bloodbath.

Looking forward to this so much.

MdwphYebw3QBO.gif

Sony: Call of Duty:WWII, Star Wars Battlefront II, Destiny 2, Red Dead Redemption 2.

Madden?
FIFA?
Need For Speed?

Rumored Bethesda title, 100%. This year or next.

Batman Arkham is at least a year out, its also probably PS4, like every Arkham game.

Ass Creed is a toss up. Could be either. They filp flop quite frequently.

New Bioware ip most likely will show up.

Madden?
FIFA?
Need For Speed?

Madden & Fifa = MS have a partnership with EA for pretty much all their sports games.
Need For Speed likely nobody for MS has Forza 7 & Sony has GT Sport
Batman = Sony as just about every Batman Arkham game has had a deal with Sony though its not likely to release this year IMO
Wolfenstein likely MS as Bethesda tends to partner with MS more than Sony
AC Empire likely MS as AC franchise tends to alternate & Syndicate was Sony so MS turn

Syf

Banned
Fond memories of the old CoD games. CoD 2 is still my fav in the series. Hope they don't mess this up.

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
Setting doesn't matter. The biggest problem with the franchise now is the awful map design and spawn system. Spawn flipping is the biggest problem. It has been a problem in every COD game except the GOAT OG IW games. Just a flow killer.

dex3108

Rumored Bethesda title, 100%. This year or next.

Batman Arkham is at least a year out, its also probably PS4, like every Arkham game.

Ass Creed is a toss up. Could be either. They filp flop quite frequently.

New Bioware ip most likely will show up.

Madden & Fifa = MS have a partnership with EA for pretty much all their sports games.
Need For Speed likely nobody for MS has Forza 7 & Sony has GT Sport
Batman = Sony as just about every Batman Arkham game has had a deal with Sony though its not likely to release this year IMO
Wolfenstein likely MS as Bethesda tends to partner with MS more than Sony
AC Empire likely MS as AC franchise tends to alternate & Syndicate was Sony so MS turn

As far as I remember only AC game that had MS marketing deal was Unity. Others were with Sony.

Xbudz

Remember how Battlefield Hardline came at a time when police brutality was always in the news? What if COD WW2 arrives in the thick of WW3?

Will they pack in MW2 with this one? lol

I could see them remastering CoD2 to package with it. CoD2 was the unsung hero of the series tbh. CoD4 made it a massive success, but I remember 2 being a pretty big game s well--it was the first one I bought that's for sure.

zsynqx

Ahh next gen d-day landing, sign me the fuck up!!

Didn't realise I was craving a ww2 shooter this much. Sledgehammer is a talented studio, I could see them delivering something special

Caayn

Looks like a Playstation marketing logo in the top left corner. Sigh. So again a 30 day longer wait to get access to content I paid for.

Fuck you Sony, fuck you Activision, fuck every company who does this, fuck the people who make these deals. You aren't bringing better "value" to your costumers, you're actively fucking over costumers.

Memento

Looks like a Playstation marketing logo in the top left corner. Sigh. So again a 30 day longer wait to get access to content I paid for.

Fuck you Sony, fuck you Activision, fuck every company who does this, fuck the people who make these deals. You aren't bringing better "value" to your costumers, you're actively fucking over costumers.

I mean... not that I am defending this practices, but this is business we are talking about.

A company will do everything to make its product more attractive and guaranting exclusive content AND associating its brand with a certain specific big title does wonders for the public view of said brand. It is not really difficult to understand.

Caayn

I mean... not that I am defending this practices, but this is business we are talking about.

A company will do everything to make its product more attractive and guaranting exclusive content AND associating its brand with a certain specific big title does wonders for the public view of said brand. It is not really difficult to understand.
That I understand doesn't negate that, I as a consumer, am sick and tired of this anti-consumer practice.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Gonna buy this so hard. First CoD I buy since they went futuristic. Can't say how pleased I am that they returned to real warfare.

Can't wait to play a WWII CoD again. I don't really care about the microtransactions, hope they don't go to overboard with silly designs though. There's plenty of WWII outfits they could pick as outfits you can get in loot crates.

I'm interested to see how the mp turns out without wallrunning and boosting. Also hope they get rid of three lane maps and make them more varied.

Memento

That I understand doesn't negate that, I as a consumer, am sick and tired of this anti-consumer practice.

Why exactly is it an anti-consumer practice?

What about exclusive games? It is the same principle. Are they being anti-consumer releasing games exclusively for their platforms? If not, what is the argument here?

MilkyJoe

Why exactly is it an anti-consumer practice?

What about exclusive games? It is the same principle. Are they being anti consumer releasing games exclusively for their platforms? If not, what is the argument here?

But you just said you're not defending it, to the other fella you quoted...

Yeah this is the first time in roughly 8 years that I'll be going back to the franchise.

The insane "oohrah!", over-the-top douche bro vibe of the modern franchise is a huge turnoff and WWII is an infinitely more fascinating and affecting era of war to examine.

In short, I can't believe I'm seriously considering buying a COD game again.

Damn Sony got all the marketing deals.

Pretty crazy, it seems that Microsoft isn't that interested any more in those deals. All the major releases this holiday season have Sony marketing on them: Destiny 2, RDR2, Battlefront 2, COD WWII and probably some other games I forgot.
Offtopic, but why would Sony release a first party game in holiday season if they have a partnership with all the major brands and probably special consoles for every game I mentioned above. Sony must be spending way more money than previous gen, because their first party line-up is also outstanding.

Memento

But you just said you're not defending it, to the other fella you quoted...

You are right, but I was thinking more in the sense that it is definitely not cool for the people that would like to play it but dont have the specific platform, so parity content would be ideal. But I also think there is nothing wrong with a company trying to maximize its brand appeal, so in a way I am actually defending the practice I guess, yes.

I haven't enjoyed a COD game since Black Ops II (ok campaign, but has my favorite multiplayer out of all the CODs).

Hopefully I can enjoy this one because MW3, Ghosts, AW, and BO3 we're all disappointments (I didn't even bother getting IW).

Top Bottom