• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor claims RDNA2 build for Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
"RDNA2 was created exclusively for Microsoft and high power Radeon GPUs, includes deep learning AI for upscaling, animation interpolation (adding 60 fps support to 30 fps games) and highly varied NPC intelligence."

Sounds like fan fiction, but since that Reddit leak () I don't know anymore what is right and what is wrong. Feels like half the world is an insider these days.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It is very detailed, but we'll see in a couple of days. RDNA2 purely for Microsoft doesn't make a lot of sense, but like I said, a lot of details that make it look like the complete flow of the presentation.

darkinstinct

It is very detailed, but we'll see in a couple of days. RDNA2 purely for Microsoft doesn't make a lot of sense, but like I said, a lot of details that make it look like the complete flow of the presentation.

Yeah, but there are what, two cases where somebody actually had detailed access to a presentation before it happened? I remember it happened with one E3 press conference for Microsoft. Sure, they have to run rehearsals, but those are probably locked down hard. For the VGAs even the rehearsal didn't include the Xbox Series X reveal. So I doubt they would use actual footage in a rehearsal. Then again it claims it's a live demonstration, then maybe they had to.

Last edited:

Bandi

Banned
Interesting:

Lisa Su -- President and Chief Executive Officer

Yeah. So in 2019, we launched our new architecture in GPUs. It's the RDNA architecture, and that was the navy-based products. You should expect that those will be refreshed in 2020, and we'll have a next-generation RDNA architecture that will be part of our 2020 line up.

So, we're, you know, pretty excited about that, and we'll talk more about that at our financial analyst day. And on the data center GPU side, you should also expect that we'll have some new products in the second half of this year.

"we'll talk more about that at our financial analyst day"

Interesting. Rumors suggest that Sony will unveal the PS5 tomorrow.

There is no exclusive feature from amd other than each company “ secret sauce “. Any feature in pc gpu can be chosen by any partner . Rdna2 is amd pc gpu this year .
You are losing it man 😂😂😂I m kinda enjoying it .

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but there are what, two cases where somebody actually had detailed access to a presentation before it happened? I remember it happened with one E3 press conference for Microsoft. Sure, they have to run rehearsals, but those are probably locked down hard. For the VGAs even the rehearsal didn't include the Xbox Series X reveal. So I doubt they would use actual footage in a rehearsal. Then again it claims it's a live demonstration, then maybe they had to.
True, but I don't think this is seen as such a major event for neither Microsoft or AMD. So I guess it could be leaked, or it's just all bullocks.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Is this an actual event to talk about these things? It's called Financial Analysts Day. Does it even make sense to discuss their relationship and products with Microsoft here. Together with the exclusive RDNA2 it just doesn't seem real.

Lol now the warring spills into this thread. Might as well merge it with the other.

Sony fanboys sure are losing sleep over this shit tho 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
To me it looks like D darkinstinct is losing sleep . Count his replies in the other thread and now he went and got a fucking reddit rumor to make a counter thread . It’s kinda obvious he can’t handle it . He will have a tough time in the next few months but he will learn hopefully 😜👌👍🙏

darkinstinct

Didn't know AMD's raytracing solution was already known:

The funny thing about it is: It's software based. :D This would mean that not only PS5 has software based raytracing, XSX as well, with both using hardware support for some of the load.

Pallas

Hopefully when the truth comes out, we can lock some of these threads. Don’t fall for this, wait until confirmation. This is as bad as the Indian site that’s been popping up with information.

Evilms

Banned
That just says that both consoles will have hardware RT. Please don't read this as if I think both consoles won't have RDNA2, I'm just saying that that source doesn't say the PS5 has an RDNA2 GPU.
You choose to believe in a fake reddit rumor posted by a MS addicted vs what AMD said.

:pie_thinking:

I don't believe anything, and until Sony speaks to confirm this for the PS5 I remain cautious.

CeeJay

He was questioned in a recent press briefing...
Yeah I can read that right there in the same article. If this was said in a press briefing then why is there no other evidence and why has it not been picked up by other gaming sites?

I am not saying that it categorically did not happen, I just find it strange that such a big piece of news was not picked up by others. Long articles are written based on much less when everyone is waiting for the smallest piece of information to come out.

Edit: I am not going to jump on this rumour as fact either until I see it reported by a reputable source. Right now I think that both of these are not trustworthy and it's still not substantiated either way as to whether the PS5 is RDNA 2 or not.

Last edited:
Another day another reason to use this

6kiLYnA.gif

pawel86ck

Banned
Very detailed info, so maybe it's legit. 30-50% better RT performance compared to first gen RTX would be awesome. Also 30-60 framerate interpolation is very promising feature. 18TF RDNA2 GPU is probably using 80CUs and it also makes sense compared to other rumors with 25TF.

Last edited:

Ascend

Didn't know AMD's raytracing solution was already known:

The funny thing about it is: It's software based. :D This would mean that not only PS5 has software based raytracing, XSX as well, with both using hardware support for some of the load.
It's incorrect to say it's software based. It's partially hardware and partially software. It uses fixed function hardware for BVH nodes, and shaders for the tree processing. In case the one reading this has no idea what that means;

And it's not a guarantee that this is what they will actually use. It's a patent.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
Too much rumors floating around.... But when Sony showed their logo with small details... Wouldn't they have said RDNA 2 and not RDNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom