• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

We're good here. Carry on.

Herc_is_Disappointed.gif

Edit: wait, he means he's vetted? I take the gif back.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I can't imagine a day/night cycle as Batman unless there's some severe disadvantages to going out during the day. Or maybe there's some severe overcast for whatever reason.

Either way, I want to walk down the street as Batman in broad daylight while everyone around me freaks out.

Some Nobody

Fixing it would've been replacing it with Damian. What you did was just factually incorrect. :D

The problem is the second half of his career, when he was written as human super computer, infallible stu. He just bores me.

He got better as he got more experience, sure. But infallible? A guy who can't save his girlfriends, his stepmom, his dad, or any of his best friends is absolutely not that. The run when he was on Red Robin was pretty freaking awesome. He was a human super computer but he kinda couldn't fight all that well. Which is why Dick could beat Ra's 1v1 but Tim "tried" and got rekt. That's what was good about pre-N52 Bat-verse--everyone had their specialties and weaknesses.

I get it, though. You feel about Tim (somehow) how I felt about Harper Row, before they (thankfully) jettisoned her out of the Bat-world.

And, so this guy's been vetted but hasn't really "leaked" anything. Bummer lol. I'm hoping at least some of this game is inaccurate, but there are bits and pieces that are really cool sounding.

dlauv

Arkham Son.

Or maybe there will be some supervillain plot involving the sun and we'll get a really clever title: Akham Sun.

Fixing it would've been replacing it with Damian. What you did was just factually incorrect. :D

He got better as he got more experience, sure. But infallible? A guy who can't save his girlfriends, his stepmom, his dad, or any of his best friends is absolutely not that. The run when he was on Red Robin was pretty freaking awesome. He was a human super computer but he kinda couldn't fight all that well. Which is why Dick could beat Ra's 1v1 but Tim "tried" and got rekt. That's what was good about pre-N52 Bat-verse--everyone had their specialties and weaknesses.

I get it, though. You feel about Tim (somehow) how I felt about Harper Row, before they (thankfully) jettisoned her out of the Bat-world.

And, so this guy's been vetted but hasn't really "leaked" anything. Bummer lol. I'm hoping at least some of this game is inaccurate, but there are bits and pieces that are really cool sounding.

Red Robin run after Batman RIP turned me off of the character. Maybe I need to read his earlier stuff, idk.

And Harper I'm indifferent to. She just needs something better than "punk chick with electricity". Surprised she didn't get added to Birds of Prey in Rebirth.

I can't imagine a day/night cycle as Batman unless there's some severe disadvantages to going out during the day. Or maybe there's some severe overcast for whatever reason.

Either way, I want to walk down the street as Batman in broad daylight while everyone around me freaks out.

They could set the game during Halloween and it wouldn't be weird or just have the civilians think you are a cosplayer.

Adnor

Banned
Damian Wayne must have pictures of every DC exec in compromising situations. That's the only way to explain why they keep pushing him on us.

Superboy Prime already tried to threaten DC execs and look what happened to him, they put him in Countdown :p

Some Nobody

Red Robin run after Batman RIP turned me off of the character. Maybe I need to read his earlier stuff, idk.

And Harper I'm indifferent to. She just needs something better than "punk chick with electricity". Surprised she didn't get added to Birds of Prey in Rebirth.

Lol, Harper feels like literally everything you're complaining about, except she doesn't have the excuse of being at the job for years (in-universe at least) to explain why she's so hyper-competent. She's just that good 'cause Author's Pet.

I dunno, I just felt like Red Robin was the first time anyone took seriously the effects all of the death and loss in Tim's life would've had. And in general I like when my heroes are actually effective and useful--so long as they've put the work in. Difference of opinion, I guess.

RedHill

Banned
The guy who just got vetted is on British time I believe a mod said so it should be 8 am for him right now. I am hoping some leaks are dropped. More than anything I want to know when we'll get an announcement for any AAA DC action game.

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

Wow.

All respect to Rocksteady.

That sounds awful.

Lol, Harper feels like literally everything you're complaining about, except she doesn't have the excuse of being at the job for years (in-universe at least) to explain why she's so hyper-competent. She's just that good 'cause Author's Pet.

I dunno, I just felt like Red Robin was the first time anyone took seriously the effects all of the death and loss in Tim's life would've had. And in general I like when my heroes are actually effective and useful--so long as they've put the work in. Difference of opinion, I guess.

That's a fair point. Idk, there haven't been a lot of Harper stories outside of her appearances in the Batman solo and a bit in Eternal. Not a lot to judge, and she's just sort of... there. With Tim, and again, I really only paid attention from the Red Robin run post-Batman RIP to now, he's just this wunderkid that is amazing at everything, to the point that even Bruce goes "Oh yeah, he'll clearly be better than me". That's boring. Dick, Jason, and Damien all have had far more interesting trajectories.

But like I said, I may not have read the right Tim stories. Any recommendations?

Suicide Squad as a brawler? In what sense? That confuses me. Otherwise, I'm intrigued. Wonder when they'll announce them....

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When you say choose your own avatar for Suicide Squad, do you mean you choose one of the supervillains and customize, or an entirely new character?

I've heard a lot about the game over the years, but that I've never been 100% clear on.

When you say choose your own avatar for Suicide Squad, do you mean you choose one of the supervillains and customize, or an entirely new character?

I've heard a lot about the game over the years, but that I've never been 100% clear on.

Being able to create your own character seems like the natural evolution to these things.

Morning guys.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- Damian has a Batbike

Speculation:

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

Damian game sounds awesome.

Flamingo? Ah hell yea.

Hoping they took a lot of inspiration from Morrison's Batman and Robin run.

Permanently A

Morning guys.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- Damian has a Batbike

Speculation:

This is honestly pretty shocking, I don't think the mainstream even knows Damian exists.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Being able to create your own character seems like the natural evolution to these things.
People tend to want to play as the major characters too though, you know?

Like people didn't seem overwhelmed to play a generic gangster from Joker's gang in Arkham Origins even with an extensive character customization system.

Fat4all

Banned

Yeah, I'm wondering if you choose from a large cast of characters, sommit like Ultimate Alliance, or an original character that can dress like DC characters, sommit like Gotham City Impostors.

I am not 100 % on that, but I think it is DC characters. This feels kinda like an evolution of Injustice 2. It can also be both.

Edit: Suicide Squad is semi-open world, like Borderlands, too.

Like people didn't seem overwhelmed to play a generic gangster from Joker's gang in Arkham Origins even with an extensive character customization system.

True, but, we aren't talking a Batman game, we're talking a Suicide Squad game. Making your own super villain could be a neat draw depending on how it's handled.

That's why a brawler confuses me. A more fleshed out version of Arkham Origin's MP works great cause you have your own created characters, and the famous villains are more or less power-ups.

Hope we get details on it soon. More questions than answer haha

Floex

Interesting.

So we still don't know exactly what Rocksteady are working on? Justice League/Silver Age/Superman were the last rumours

As for Rocksteady, I don't know what they're working on, but they're working on one VR game and another unannounced game, while finishing up Arkham VR.

I heard nothing about a Superman game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's why a brawler confuses me. A more fleshed out version of Arkham Origin's MP works great cause you have your own created characters, and the famous villains are more or less power-ups.

Hope we get details on it soon. More questions than answer haha

My understanding of the project is that Warner and/or the development team really wanted something that could compete with Borderlands and its gigantic 12.5+ million person audience.

You will notice the publisher really lacks in co-op titles, and this is a genre where all the major entrants (Diablo, Borderlands, Destiny, The Division) are hugely successful.

ekim

Morning guys.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- Damian has a Batbike

Speculation:

I can confirm this.
Don't be surprised if the Damian game is Arkham Knights Origin. (Same framework as AK)

Interesting.

So we still don't know exactly what Rocksteady are working on? Justice League/Silver Age/Superman were the last rumours

Highly possible it could be new content for a new IP too, but I doubt WB wants them to quick on licensed properties.

My understanding of the project is that Warner and/or the development team really wanted something that could compete with Borderlands and its gigantic 12.5+ million person audience.

You will notice the publisher really lacks in co-op titles, and this is a genre where all the major entrants (Diablo, Borderlands, Destiny, The Division) are hugely successful.

So odd. So MMO-lite, a la Destiny or The Division? First Person or Third?

If they'd have spent some time setting up Damien in the earlier Arkham games.

Just seems so out of left field, Dick was already in the games, he makes way more sense.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So odd. So MMO-lite, a la Destiny or The Division? First Person or Third?

Borderlands has been the comparison point I've heard for years and this started development a looooong time ago so I'm not sure if there's MMO-lite elements or if it's more a standard Diablo/Borderlands type title.

I imagine they'll try to make it at least somewhat more like where the genre is headed though given how long it's taken to get out the door.

Alienous

Liking the Batbike. I made a post about wanting that to replace the Batmobile in a Batman game - can't turn that into a tank.

Yeah, Dick as Nightwing or Batman would be my dream game.

I mean I just don't get the Damien angle. Most people other than comic book fans only really know Dick as Robin anyway and even then most people don't. They just know "Robin" and Damien didn't even get the chance to be Robin in any of the other games.

I'll wait to see it before passing judgement, but I really, really want a DickBats game.

Top Bottom