• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Darksiders 4 Alpha Test Details

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

zErREjo_d.webp

baphomet

Sounds bad enough to be true.

I also read it as Darkstalkers at first, and couldn't even imagine Capcom fucking up that bad to make it a looter brawler.

SeraphJan

I'm afraid the game is probably going to fail, coming from the experience that whenever a numbered title within a franchise turn the genre 180, negative reception from the fan is likely going to be the result. Look no further than Dungeon Siege III and Sacred III.

Trying something different is good, just don't do it in a numbered title.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Liked Darksiders Genesis, mostly for Stryfe's twin-stick pistols, but never tried the co-op. Is it any good? Sounds like they expanded it.

This sounds terrible. Bound to fail like every other gaas looter. Seems like they want to do everything with this franchise except a decent single player conclusion to the story.

Anime-Vix

It makes sense for the game to go in the co-op looter direction considering how the 3rd game ended. I'm really excited about this.

Sentenza

To this day the first one with its Zelda-like formula remains by far my favorite in the series.
The second shat the bed with the "looter shooter" type of itemization that I fucking despise.
Admittedly I have yet to play the third in any significant measure to have an overall opinion of it, but I remember dropping in a volcanic area that was boring me to tears.

Never played Genesis more than a couple of hours to give it a quick try.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Sounds like another game like Genesis. Co-op highly welcome.
Basically something like Diablo but plays more like 3rd person action adventure game only with an isometric perspective.
Genesis was excellent so I am looking forward to this.

Bragr

Banned
Nooooooooooooooooooooo they are ruining it!

Turning it into another generic co-op looter for idiots. God DAMN I wanted a new triple-A Darksiders 4. I can't believe this bullshit.

I will keep out hope it's fake until it's revealed proper.

Valt7786

Eh, not sure it's what I *wanted* out of a Darksiders 4, but we'll see. As long as it's not isometric and goes back to the 3rd person view of the main games I think i'll enjoy it.

hlm666

To this day the first one with its Zelda-like formula remains by far my favorite in the series.
The second shat the bed with the "looter shooter" type of itemization that I fucking despise.
Admittedly I have yet to play the third in any significant measure to have an overall opinion of it, but I remember dropping in a volcanic area that was boring me to tears.

Never played Genesis more than a couple of hours to give it a quick try.
The third one is better than the second in the sense they got rid of the looter stuff from the 2nd and went back to a unlock/upgrade system, combat is probably a little better if you like souls like games. The big problem with the 3rd is fury never gets her horse, probably cause the world just wasn't big enough anywhere to make it work. It also loses points for another stupid double boss fight straight out of the dark souls orstein and smough play book although their one isn't as bad as the code vein attempt at it.

Eh, not sure it's what I *wanted* out of a Darksiders 4, but we'll see. As long as it's not isometric and goes back to the 3rd person view of the main games I think i'll enjoy it.
I wanted the story to continue and finish up with all 4 horse riders being together in the final game. I guess half of that is there i'm not sure what to make of the rest of that but I don't think it's what I was hoping for.

Cryio

I love Darksiders 1, 2 and 3 to death.

They're all bloody brilliant games, each unique in their own way.

Haven't gotten around to Genesis. Can't wait for 4.

A bit iffy on the fact we don't have a Darksiders 4 just with Strife, but oh well.

Played and loved all 4 Darksiders games though the first one is my favourite overall, hopefully if Darksiders 4 is a thing it goes back to it's roots.

jaysius

Banned
The series started with so much promise, 1 was amazing, 2 was fucking awful, 3 was flawed but incredibly fun when you got past the flaws, it’s one of the best 3rd person platformers of the year it came out.

hlm666

It sucks Darksiders 4 is not in the works according to the developers. I'm kind of worried we'll never see another new game and it's one of my favorite franchises out there as far as Western games go.
I would settle for an animated movie/series type thing like Arcane, I want the payoff the end of the first game teased with all the riders united taking down the council. I don't care if it's a game or movie/series at this point. It could also maybe spike interest to make a new game a possibility.

Braag

I liked DS 1 - 3 with 2 being the best one, but this whole 4 player looter co-op thing has never been my cup of tea so hard pass for me if true.

ungalo

It sucks Darksiders 4 is not in the works according to the developers. I'm kind of worried we'll never see another new game and it's one of my favorite franchises out there as far as Western games go.
At least this shitty leak was probably fake.

Gunfire Games is on Remnant 2 that seem pretty ambitious. And Airship Syndicate are making Wayfinder. But i don't think Embracer forgot about Darksiders. They said the third one sold enough copies to be profitable.

I remember when talk of them bringing all four together in one game was mentioned it sounded like this would be it...i think someone just felt like story time lol

oji-san

Banned
Sadly i didn't enjoy DS3 so i'm not sure if 4 ever released i will enjoy it, the kinda souls formula ruined it to me, but also the previous games had better combat and weapons imo and also the MC and environments were better in DS1 and 2.

Ehhh, this might work although it's not quite what I was expecting. I don't like how fury and death have basically swapped roles though fury is meant to be the mage and death is meant to be the assassin.

Last edited:
Ehhh, this might work although it's not quite what I was expecting. I don't like how fury and death have basically swapped roles though fury is meant to be the mage and death is meant to be the assassin.
It's not real. The developers shut it down. In other words it was a bogus rumor.

However, I wonder if we ever are going to see a Darksiders 4.

Top Bottom