• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Deck Nine's new narrative game for E3 is a Life Is Strange prequel

NeoRaider

MEH

I wanted a sequel or just different characters, i don't really like prequels

You will get it next year i guess. Sequel is still coming.

I am still not sure what to think about this tho. I am interested in Rachel and want to know more about her and what exactly happened so i am definitely buying and playing this. More LiS can't be bad.

I am just not sure about someone else working on the game. Idk. are they working together with Dontnod? How they got rights for it? Is this their story and vision? Who are these developers?

RocknRola

Chloe eh? Fine by me, her past definitely seemed like a wild one!

Also, supposedly not by DONTNOD? Huh that's weird...

RedHill

Banned
I'm thinking that Rachel secretly has powers. Theres gotta be some type of supernatural/sci-fi mechanic. I'm happy for this because it satisfies the fans that didn't want to leave Arcadia bay, plus we're getting a new sequel with a new storyline.

One of my biggest gripes about LiS was them introducing so many students with almost real interactions or pay off to their plot threads, especially in episode 3. I hope this game dives deep into the interactions.

Joeku

I hope I'm wrong and they find something interesting to do with the prequel.

If they are going to have some sci-fi conceit the only thing that sounds compelling to me is that Rachel somehow knows her fate and has to decide what to do with the time she has left.

That is assuming you play as Rachel, though, but chances are you play as Chloe. If that's the case, trying to insert some sci-fi bullshit is going to be real weird and reaching.

I loved the original game and I'm definitely interested, but it seems a bit odd to give another developer the prequel to your popular, very well received game. Especially if it turns out to be a disappointment.

FluxWaveZ

I'm thinking that Rachel secretly has powers.

Well:
3ZMor4n.jpg
Possibly.

Arkeband

Banned
"How to burden a good story with a bunch of needless bullshit."

A sequel to LiS with different characters would be fine and wouldn't infringe too badly, but this is just unnecessary.

I would agree if it wasn't that LiS wrapped up the bigger plot so badly and left so much unresolved.

Yeah maybe if you picked the wrong ending that didn't actually wrap everything up.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I don't really see a way in which giving Rachel powers makes things interesting - she'd be one of the few (maybe the only) character we wouldn't really know a lot about in the context of the LiS storyline (ofc they could introduce new characters) but we already know her fate, so unless they go AU at the end, I dunno if it'd really be satisfactory?

I don't really care about Rachel, especially in the context of not having Max.

So a prequel AND a sequel.

Sequel has been hinted to likely a new cast and different plot, I think.

RocknRola

I am still not sure what to think about this tho. I am interested in Rachel and want to know more about her and what exactly happened so i am definitely buying and playing this. More LiS can't be bad.

*Replace He's with She's.

Jk, it'll be nice to know how they got know each other and what adventures they had together.

FaintDeftone

I was really hoping for a different setting and new cast of characters, but with the same sort of vibe as the original. Oh well, still day one.

NeoRaider

uh

What else do you think happened to her? The game wasn't vague about this.

I wasn't talking just about her final moments.
I was talking about that whole period with Chloe and all. I know that we already have a lot of info about it from the first game but i think that this can work and be interesting for me.

Plasma

Banned
I mean sure I guess if donotnod are working on an actual sequel whatever but still this just seems completely unnecessary.

Iksenpets

Banned
Huh. I love LiS, but it doesn't really need a prequel, and it's not really a franchise I want to see being farmed out by Square to other developers, either. A Rachel story would just be weird, because you play the whole thing knowing where you're going to end up, no matter what choices you make. And she's such a nebulously defined but powerful force in the original, you risk doing actual damage to the main game if you don't absolutely nail her.

mreddie

Huh. I love LiS, but it doesn't really need a prequel, and it's not really a franchise I want to see being farmed out by Square to other developers, either.

That's my fear,

I know Telltale can get away with this but Square having the IP and their urge to get a franchise running to almost Ubi level has me nervous.

Gbraga

Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds:
"I'll wait for the sequel"

Top Bottom