• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Destiny 2 coming to PC

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Update #2
way more information by Jason Schreier who knew about this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285379

OP:
--
I know somebody that works at Activision.

And he was on a plane and then a train and saw a presentation on another person's laptop.
(No, serious mode: This is what is being internally communicated to employees.)

Vicarious Vision and High Moon will help out.
Raid matchmaking is in.

Update:

I have also heard that D2 is coming to PC and that Vicarious Visions is working on it. Don't know about raid matchmaking (that'd be dumb imo unless they finally make matchmaking an option rather than a setting).

I expect D2 to feel more like a new game than a continuation of D1. What I heard is that the reason it was rebooted earlier this year (and is now helmed by GAF poster Luke Smith) is because the original version felt too much like an expansion. I'm expecting them to change everything. I don't think Bungie has decided yet what you'll be able to bring over from year 1 or what you'll get as a reward for being a long-term player. But I expect a fresh start.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Train AND a plane? I call bullshit.

I would hope so but this thread doesn't really improve my confidence.

Been a while since I've seen a good "My uncle's cousin's friend works for Sony..."

Toni

Totally believable then.

Destiny 2, which hasn't even been announced, its coming to PC guys!

Grief.exe

It was strange that the first game missed the platform considering the massive playerbase and huge popularity of similar products.

Draft

Of course to both those things.

How will randoms matched into a raid figure out who has to hold the ball? Come on, guys.

Jeffrey

With ps3/360 presumbly not supported for the sequel, would it be safe to say its gonna be 60fps on pc... and hopefully consoles?

guess it depends on how much better it looks.

Deku Tree

It was always expected that D2 would come to PC.

If raid matchmaking is really in then I hope they don't dumb down the raid for it.

Rymuth

Errr...that was a weird way of describing it. Could've just said - I know someone who saw the presentation -

The 'train and then plane' bit almost made me think you were doing a comic routine (no offense meant, benny!)

EGM1966

Would be interested. Whatever they better have inclusive matchmaking and design that works on all modes this time vs a random "have 5 friends or sort it out yourself offline with other strangers" approach.

I like the idea of the Raid's but they simply failed to attempt the challenge of making them inclusive at all IMHO and while I understand how rushed Destiny must have been given launch content status vs how it evolved i expect them to solve this for a full sequel.

inner-G

Banned
The 'train and then plane' bit almost made me think you were doing a comic routine (no offense meant, benny!)
It's a reference to GAF leaker Crazybuttocksonatrain/plane I think?

Or maybe a different GAF reference, see post below:

Defect

Was it a plane, train or automobiles?
hqdefault.jpg

FelipeMGM

Maybe you should remove the plane and train joke, cuz it seems people are not reading everything lol

Totally believable then.

Destiny 2, which hasn't even been announced, its coming to PC guys!

It kind has tho, Activision has talked about it on finances briefing calls. They even talked how it was delayed from 2016 to 2017

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's how I see myself. A proper failed comedian.

It was just a callback to the yearly Ubisoft leaks.

TheRed

That Dang Ubisoft guy leaks everything. Anyway not that I specifically believe this but I do believe Destiny 2 will come to PC because that was part of the plan from the beginning. They should of ported the first one over even a year later like GTA V though.

I keep hearing about 'what do you want for Destiny 2' and other fan-talk about the sequel and I don't get it: isn't Destiny like an MMO in that it will keep expanding for years and not have sequels? Maybe with the the next console generation. It seems really off that they'll split the userbase between to massive games within the same generation.
Also, I am willing to bet they won't call it '2' but use a subtitle- ala MMO style.

I don't know. I'd jump into a 'Destiny 2' because I feel I missed the boat with the current, but I don't see it happening. They spent too much time, effort and money establishing this big new IP that is MMO-ish. Seems too soon for a 'sequel' just yet. I could be wrong, though. it's just a gut feeling.

Gorillaz

OP the type of dude to pull the long con on a troll attempt tho so this is definitely getting the side eye

but benny doesn't usually do this plus it makes sense having it on PC at this point. So yea sure.

Lothars

I think your "source" is pretty questionable, That being said I definitely do think Destiny 2 will be on PC. It just makes alot of sense.

Top Bottom