• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: DICE is Working on a Battlefield 3 Remaster That Will Launch Alongside Battlefield 6

dolabla

EA and DICE previously confirmed a sixth mainline Battlefield entry is in the works. The plan is to have Battlefield 6 hit stores before 2022. Interestingly, a new rumor suggests fans of the franchise will have two Battlefield experiences to explore at once, one of which will be a Battlefield 3 remaster.

This bit of speculation comes courtesy of Daqarie, a YouTuber who Wccftech says correctly outed Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 information prior to their respective reveals. According to a recent video from the content creator, a BF3 remaster has been “in the pipeline for a very, very long time.” DICE apparently took note of BF3 serving as the most popular installment during the franchise’s peak period. As such, this rumored rerelease will launch alongside Battlefield 6 on the PlayStation 5, PC, and Xbox Series X.

If any of this proves true, Battlefield faithful should expect the rerelease to package in all of BF3‘s DLC offerings, including the expansion packs–Back to Karkand, Closer Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath, and End Game. Similar to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, DICE will reportedly unleash new cosmetics for Battlefield 3’s return.

Daqarie further claims various Battlefield-centric YouTubers have known about the remaster since around the time of BF5’s late 2018 release. This is seemingly evidenced by such content creators posting a slew of BF3-related videos during that period. It was allegedly intentional, too; DICE wanted to use video metrics to gauge whether the franchise’s 2011 entry could still garner interest.

Near the end of the video, Daqarie suggests EA and DICE may start teasing the remaster sometime soon, perhaps even at EA Play Live. This particular event is slated to go live next week on June 18th at 4:00pm PST. Fans would be wise to manage their expectations, however. As always, rumor and speculation should be taken with a grain of salt.

shaddam

BTW if BF6 takes place in present time.... Why make another one? For BF3 they gave BF1943, I can understand that (and it was a smaller arcade game)

Blond

Banned
Why? That entry looks and plays like a beta test for 4 by comparison! I personally have no desire to ever return to it, especially considering once you unlocked the AEK early on you pretty much don't need another gun; if they remaster it there needs to be way more done than just graphics IMO.

Last edited:

DonF

Gustaf Karlensens or whatever goes up the virtual stage
"We've heard you loud and clear, we know you are passionate about battlefield and we know we have somewhat lost our way..but now...we are going to give you exactly what you want...years of feedback...we give you.... Battlefield V port for ps5, now with more women with prosthetics customisations, and remember, if you don't like it, don't buy it"

FrozenFlame

If they were to release it later this year, sure, it would make sense. Now, releasing simultaneously with BF6? Eh, dunno, seems a waste of time and money...

nani17

are in a big trouble
giphy.gif

I absolutely love BF3, and still play it from time to time on my PS3. I still play BF4, and although DICE had recreated some of the BF3 more popular maps for BF4 on the PS4, it just doesn't play the same. For example, Metro is now almost impossible to get through the choke point at B, and Caspian Borders just doesn't has the same feel or fluid gameplay as the original on the PS3.

Naked Lunch

This is actually REALLY good news.
If I cant have og PC BF2 remastered, BF3 is easily the next best thing.

BF3 never got a proper 64 player release on consoles. Gimped Ps3 and 360 releases only.
The gameplay in BF3 destroyed BF 4, 1, and V. And its far more complex than BC2. BC2 was only 32 players as well which is weak as shit, fake Battlefield. Most people claim BF4 is just BF3 remixed but BF4's gunplay was jank in comparison. It had a different core designer which explains everything.

Anyways, BF3 remastered - Ill take it!

Droxcy

So down BF3 was enjoyable and the case is they’ll probably do a continuation of the story or a reboot with 6 like CoDs doing.

DeaDPo0L84

This seems counterintuitive, they can barely keep one game up to date post launch, how will they manage two at the same time without also cannibalizing a playerbase for either game? This is dumb.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I agree with other posts, enjoyed BF2 and BF4 more then three. BF4 to me felt like a more fleshed out three. Although that may be because I kind of only play every second one because their single player games always suck and although I enjoy the multiplayer a few months every few years is enough for me.

Seems really weird to launch the two at the same time. They should launch the three remaster at launch of the new systems or shortly thereafter as a stopgap then release 6.

Top Bottom