• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: DICE is Working on a Battlefield 3 Remaster That Will Launch Alongside Battlefield 6

R6Rider

Gold Member
I think I played BF1943 more than any game ever in my entire life. 3 maps, 3 classes, no convoluted unlocking system and it never got boring. That is the remaster we need.

I remember having a blast in 1943, but I also remember the servers and hit reg on PS3 being garbage.

INC

Why along side it?
Release the remaster now, since bf6 is a year away

If it's at the same time, why bother getting a remaster?

VN1X

Banned
This would be FUCKING insane. I'd love a proper return to form with BF3. It's probably my favourite entry in the franchise.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Battlefield 3 still looks great though.
Eh? BF3 is exactly the game the core fans want.

BC2 was max 32 players. It was a nice off shoot from the main entries.

Oh, was there a vote for this that I missed, where it was decided BF3 is the game people want?

BC2 is the remaster I want too.

MDSLKTR

Dice just updated their fb battlefield page with artwork from BF3 an hour ago.
Is Sony getting marketing rights for cod and bf now :messenger_face_screaming:

Codes 208

Dice just updated their fb battlefield page with artwork from BF3 an hour ago.
Is Sony getting marketing rights for cod and bf now :messenger_face_screaming:
After the shitshow that was BFV, MS mustve noped right out of there.

(its also possibly that as a remaster if BF3, sony has marketing rights by default? Irc they had marketing rights to the original BF3 for ps3)

Last edited:
What is the point releasing both together? The perfect time for a BF3 remaster is this year following the BFV debacle.

I can’t even be bothered checking out the new maps on V and I’m a huge fan of the franchise.

After BFV, I've sworn off buying any more Battlefield games in the series.

anthraticus

Banned
Fuck shitty BF and CoD already. Can't believe people aren't bored with that garb already.

More Hidden & Dangerous please !

MadPanda

Banned
It doesn't make any sense to launch BF3 remaster alongside BF6. That would just cannibalize BF6 sales and online community.

Activision launched cod 4 remaster but it was single player only.

Klik

No sense on releasing remaster BF3 alongside BF6. Maybe just singleplayer campaign, but like others said it would just split the playerbase.

And if they are aiming at 128player servers they need to attract all players to BF6.

DonJimbo

This makes no sense at all

BF3 still looks decent, also it would split players between BF3 and BF6
No it Doesnt the Resolution is so bad that i get pain in my eyes a nice Resolution bump and framerate improvement would make it more awesome

McHuj

I doubt there was any truth to this rumor.

However, it wouldn't surprise me to get some "quick" DLC maps if they simply remaster the best maps from BF3/4 for the next BF game. I would not mind that.

Portugeezer

It doesn't make any sense to launch BF3 remaster alongside BF6. That would just cannibalize BF6 sales and online community.

Activision launched cod 4 remaster but it was single player only.
COD 4 remaster has multiplayer, MW2 remaster is what is single player only.

Shubh_C63

They are remastering it for multiplayer also, that would cannibalize their new entry market.

or maybe this market is THAT huge that people will play 2 similar style BFs. Does BF6 has a campaign ?

Guys this was a rumor, the thread got necro bumped without any new info. I don't know what is being discussed here.
BF6 is supposed to be a BF3/4 on steroids, maybe that is why that BF3 rumor was floating around back then.

ZywyPL

Banned
As much as I'd prefer BC2 remaster, it all makes sense - BF3 was by large the most popular BF ever, packing with BF6 would help the series get back on track after recent, not well received installments. CoD did the same with IW and CoD4 remaster.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Modern warfare remastered is considered a success at the end of the day people will play the original game if they want.

Stuart360

I take it this will be some kind of bonus dlc, or for the 'Deluxe' version of Battlefield 6 or something. Kind of like COD have done it a couple of times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom