• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Digimon:Cyber Sleuth sequel will be annouced on the latest Jump issue?

What's the correct translation?
The pictures are only part of a page so there's not much to go by, but the only story stuff I saw was about the premise (main character is framed for a crime and enters the world of hackers) and that the game will contain the story of the previous title. It seems like it won't have the actual original game but it will have its cutscenes or something like that.

The person who tweeted it was presumably trying to say "the story of the previous title is in the game" when they said the game tells the story of the prequel.

Or I could be blind and just didn't see it

kubus

There's nothing in the scans saying it's a prequel, and the tweets that mention it are translating "previous work" as prequel. The game has the story of Cyber Sleuth in it. The person tweeting about it is not a native English speaker.
Yeah I don't know where this "prequel" talk is coming from. The two scans I saw didn't mention that. Unless there are new scans that confirm this...

Yeah I don't know where this "prequel" talk is coming from. The two scans I saw didn't mention that. Unless there are new scans that confirm this...

It came from a tweet saying the game takes place before Cyber Sleuth, but it would seem that tweet was wrong, but it's still not a direct sequel.

The "prequel" thing was a mistranslation of "previous work" from this tweet.

The "backstory" and "takes place in the same timeframe" stuff also makes it sound prequel/sidequel-y, but if that's all wrong, then it's good news to me.

i figure it's just gonna reuse a whole lot of assets and environments cause efficiency and $$

the vita isn't gonna HOLD BACK something it already has and more than likely isn't hugely budgeted i mean what are you going to expect that they add that would suddenly make the vita a bottleneck

Takao

Banned
Probably only PS4, as they axed the Vita version of Next Order?

I don't think the situation is comparable because Next 0rder didn't have content parity on both platforms due to the split release dates. Bandai Namco Japan has yet to launch a simultaneous Vita/PS4 game where one platform has substantially more content than the other.

But, if Bandai Namco's western divisions want to be Scamco again, no buy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably only PS4, as they axed the Vita version of Next Order?

I'm pretty convinced we didn't get Next Order Vita because of stuff like this:
SKcBlWZ.jpg

It mentions taking place in the same setting. Maybe they took that to mean timeframe?

*shrug* I suppose when we get complete scans it will be clearer. I would prefer it to be a sequel.

If Gotsumon and Tentomon are two of the starters, I wonder who the third will be. Gotsumon is Hagurumon-ish in his popularity and Tentomon is a Palmon level equivalent, so maybe the third will be a really popular Digimon like Terriermon? (I know the starters really don't matter, but I'm in speculation mode.)

Meh. Cyber Sleuth felt like a handheld game on the PS4, which is probably because it was designed that way. I'm not getting it on PS4 if it feels that way again.

As far now I'm holding my excitement back.

Yo, I'm so hyped for this.

Also, about Sangloupmon, it doesn't seem to be part of a specific line of Digimon, and while it makes sense to be just a new "generic" one, I feel like it could totally lead into Cerberumon Werewolf Mode, and then into Plutomon.

I know there's nothing pointing towards this, and I mean it could go into Matadormon and then into Grandracmon instead, or maybe neither, but I really hope the Olympos XII-related mons all make it in.

The guy said it would contain Cyber sleuth, people took that as meaning the whole game, but he obviously meant the story, he clarified later:https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/843143132946489346
He also said it seems they take place in the same time frame, think he means concurrently.
Finally, they're not his scans, he just found them online.

Hitlersaurus Christ says the closest thing to "same time frame" they could read from the scan was "taking place in the same setting" which can mean something completely different.

And the scans are from 2chan.

Yo, I'm so hyped for this.

Also, about Sangloupmon, it doesn't seem to be part of a specific line of Digimon, and while it makes sense to be just a new "generic" one, I feel like it could totally lead into Cerberumon Werewolf Mode, and then into Plutomon.

I know there's nothing pointing towards this, and I mean it could go into Matadormon and then into Grandracmon instead, or maybe neither, but I really hope the Olympos XII-related mons all make it in.

I think Matadormon and Grandracmon seems to be original intended evolutions for Sangloupmon with Dracumon as rookie, but I dont know if this line is still considered the "intended" one.

Sealtest

150 hours? How?

I got my Platinum with less than 80.

Maybe he randomly went afk a lot leaving the game on or did a lot more raising of his Mon for a perfect team.

I think I was 110+ for my JP platinum because I don't understand Japanese and getting those medals took a ton of patience when you couldn't understand anything.

My NA platinum only took about 80-90 hrs though.

mao2

The guy said it would contain Cyber sleuth, people took that as meaning the whole game, but he obviously meant the story, he clarified later:https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/843143132946489346
He also said it seems they take place in the same time frame, think he means concurrently.
Finally, they're not his scans, he just found them online.
The scan states that ”this game includes Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory and its prequel Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth released in 2015".
※本製品(PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita)には、「デジモンストーリー サイバースルゥース ハッカーズメモリー」と2015年発売された前作「「デジモンストーリー サイバースルゥース」が収録されます。

It does seem like it's the full game instead of just the story.

I don't think the situation is comparable because Next 0rder didn't have content parity on both platforms due to the split release dates. Bandai Namco Japan has yet to launch a simultaneous Vita/PS4 game where one platform has substantially more content than the other.

But, if Bandai Namco's western divisions want to be Scamco again, no buy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will be interesting to see how they handle this, then.

Next Order, although it infuriated me no end, is at least somewhat excusable due to the vast difference in content between the two versions.

If this is the same between PS4/Vita, then there's no reason it shouldn't come across really. We've seen things like Accel World come west despite it running like arse on Vita, presumably because it's got the exact same content, so here's hoping.

On another note, I wonder if the "includes the content from Cyber Sleuth" thing is just for PS4 since that didn't get the content in Japan.

I think Matadormon and Grandracmon seems to be original intended evolutions for Sangloupmon with Dracumon as rookie, but I dont know if this line is still considered the "intended" one.

Yeah, as I was looking around, I noticed that that's the general consensus, I guess Dobermon is really the thing that evolves into Cerberumon. Still, Drandracmon is really cool, so I'm down for that.

Gematsu
The latest issue of V-Jump has first details on Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory, the latest entry in the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth series due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan in 2017.

Hacker’s Memory is set in the same world as the original Cyber Sleuth and features a new story “on the other side of Cyber Sleuth.” The protagonist is Keisuke Amazawa (name changeable), a young man who had to jump into the hacker world after he was made the criminal in a case he knows nothing about. Character designs look to again be by Suzuhito Yasuda.

The basic systems from the original Cyber Sleuth, including the Digi-Farm, will return, with various elements powered up. Over 320 Digimon will appear.

Bandai Namco will also include the original Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory as a pack-in title.

Seiryoden

I really enjoyed the first one, although I didn't get to finish it. I'll try to polish off the last couple of chapters before the sequel comes out.

Top Bottom