• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Disney interested in making Banjo-Kazooie film

Salty Hippo

c4FfmZx.png

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...g-animated-banjo-kazooie-film-with-microsoft/

Breegulbash-me if not thread worthy. I think rumors can be freely discussed at GAF but you never know.

As a fan of the franchise I think this would be absolutely incredible. I mean, fucking DISNEY? Wow. I doubt it will happen, but it is interesting to see Banjo being mentioned more and more lately.

weird. they should go after a nintendo property or heck even fucking Sonic before they think about Banjo.
sounds wrong.

weird. they should go after a nintendo property or heck even fucking Sonic before they think about Banjo.

Maybe it's because they couldn't get Nintendo? I'd imagine they'd rather work with Banjo-Kazooie than Sonic at a certain point, more of a starting point versus an established but kinda dead property.

As much as I would like to see this, I doubt it will happen. Disney could just as easily make more money off an established and relevant franchise.

I think I might actually like a Banjo movie. Wreck-it Ralph was fantastic, so I'd hope that that movie's team could do justice to the property.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm going to take this with a big grain of salt. I'm sure Disney would rather work on their own IPs rather than try to resurrect another company's dormant franchise.

good hopefully it starts a onslaught of movies..i want to see a mario/zelda/metroid movie just because but really i want to see Mario make millions of dollars on film

Gartooth

lmao I don't believe this shit at all. MS lets the IP remain dormant for nearly a decade and now they are behind a fucking movie being made?

Bessy67

I could see Banjo and Kazooie appearing in Wreck it Ralph 2, and maybe there would be some Wreck it Ralph or other Disney characters in the next Banjo game. Even that seems unlikely though.

BD1

Banned
I think the only way this makes sense is if Microsoft pursued Disney, and is planning on relaunching the property in a big way. I don't think I believe that is happening.

Hmm. Could be interesting, though it'd probably be targeting a younger demographic. There's a lot of potential in the IP, if MS is shopping it around I could see Disney being interested in it.

WHAT YEAR IS IT

Does their target audience even know what Banjo and Kazoo is?

Did Rare's target audience know what Banjo and Kazooie was when the game first came out?

This is a weird argument.

Squire

Banned
sounds wrong.

This. Banjo before DK or really anything Nintendo owns makes very little sense.

Especially right as Nintendo is starting to somewhat loosen up with what they'll do with the IPs and Disney has always been known for their creative integrity.

No Love

Banned
If anyone can make a movie about a fucking bear+bird that solve magical mysteries and jump around and make weird noises AND have it be profitable, it's Disney.

Oddduck

Especially right as Nintendo is starting to somewhat loosen up with what they'll do with the IPs and Disney has always been known for their creative integrity.

Has Nintendo been loosening up?

Every time there's any rumor of a Nintendo film or television show, the company denies it.

goldenpp72

WHAT YEAR IS IT

Does their target audience even know what Banjo and Kazoo is?

Their target audience doesn't know what any property is until they market and release the stuff, so no. I know, it's shocking to hear Frozen was not a sensation years before it released. Any old or existing property can become relevant once it's made relevant, the question would be can Banjo as a series be converted in a meaningful way to that audience.

Penguin

this seems weird for Disney

Like I mean Wreck-It Ralph sequel would probably do better, and that's in-house.

Doukou

Doubt it, conflicts of merchdaising profits which Disney loves and I imagine MS wants if they are making a movie.

Bessy67

I don't see why it makes little sense. I think the entire point would be to get Disney to re-introduce Banjo and Kazooie to a younger audience. It's Disney so who cares about the populairty of the IP, anything they touch turns to gold. I highly doubt this is happening but I think it would make sense.

Top Bottom