• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Downloadable Expansion To Marvel vs Capcom 3 Possibly Coming [Sven/Seth: No.]

Lothars

I must be completely out of touch with this forum at this point. They hint at 8 more characters for $15 or whatever and everyone's outraged, regrets buying the game in the first place etc. WTF? The only way any of this makes sense, is if you're all buying games, not playing them, then a better, cheaper version comes along and the one sitting on your shelf doesn't look as cool anymore. Vanilla MvC3 is still an awesome game, it has the DHC glitch which is fun, better versions of Tronne, Phoenix, etc, there's nothing wrong with playing an "outdated" fighting game. It's still fun to play Vanilla SF4 with Sagat vs Akuma. Still fun to play Xmen vs Street Fighter even though MvC2 exists. This place is starting to go a bit crazy with the whole anything Capcom does is evil nonsense.
I agree fully with you and feel the same way, I am in if this is true and if not than no big deal.

I ask again, why the hell do folks still support this shithole of a company.
I get tons of value out of their games more than I do for almost any other company.

Varjet

Seeing as Jill and Shuma are $5 each, 15 bucks for 8 characters sounds suspiciously cheap.
But if it's true, don't nerf Joe plz.

Kaldea

Just give me Ruby Heart, Capcom. :( I'd beg more for Ada, but there are way too many RE characters as it is.

At the very least, there better be new females this time if this is true.

Seeing as Jill and Shuma are $5 each, 15 bucks for 8 characters sounds suspiciously cheap.
But if it's true, don't nerf Joe plz.

What if Jill and Shuma are included in the bundle? So it'd really be like 6 new characters for $15, which is still a much better deal than the past characters, but how well did those sell? Unless you find out that they just perfectly fit with your play-style or something five bucks for a single character is a bit much.

Beth Cyra

Well Niitsuma mentioend that they had to cut characters, so this seems more like people taking old info and trying to get people worked up.

That said, if it is true and has X in it I will finally buy Ultimate. That or Starforce for the troll factor to X fans.

Bleepey

I knew this would happen, Capcom had Elektra done since vanilla and were just sitting on her and probably a few other characters too since.

What if Jill and Shuma are included in the bundle? So it'd really be like 6 new characters for $15, which is still a much better deal than the past characters, but how well did those sell? Unless you find out that they just perfectly fit with your play-style or something five bucks for a single character is a bit much.

lol rite... i'm sure they'd pricedrop jill/shuma before doing something like that.

$5 jill/shuma bundle!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A private wrestling forum (lol) that I frequent. It's a weird thing to make up, and it looks convincing, but... I don't know. I'm skeptical. I really don't see why Capcom would want to be hanging onto MvC3 still. Surely there's no money in that for them.

So that's his source from wrestling forum, so I wonder where the X (from logo) came from since it look so familiar.

Street Fighter x Tekken? or those wrestling posters that I saw at stores or bars?

I'm assuming that Jill and Shuma are included, lowering the new characters down to 6. That seems more realistic when it comes to the release of the game.

lol rite... i'm sure they'd pricedrop jill/shuma before doing something like that.

$5 jill/shuma bundle!

I don't know, makes sense to me. 6 new characters for $15, and they're probably be some minor balance tweaks too, so people who already have those two characters won't feel totally ripped off.

Maybe not, I'm just trying to think of ways this makes sense, because after charging $5 each for the current DLC characters 8 for $15 does seem fishy.

Anyone else secretly hoping this is just a fake image that is trying to bait a bunch of gaming journalists into reporting on it?

web01

If this is true all I can say is lol, regret buying Marvel vs Capcom and then getting screwed over with the super version which I didnt buy. Never again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm assuming that Jill and Shuma are included, lowering the new characters down to 6. That seems more realistic when it comes to the release of the game.

Actually no. 8 characters were removed from the umvc3 because bosses want niitsuma to get the game out for Holiday.

Niitsuma mention that he want to add 20 characters, so we got 12 instead.

Jamie OD

Anyone else secretly hoping this is just a fake image that is trying to bait a bunch of gaming journalists into reporting on it?

Now that you mention it that would be embarrassing. There we are making fun out of the websites for reporting fake Vita games. Next thing you know we all go crazy for a fake MVC3 update. Best not to react so much to this news until it is proved to be legitimate.

"Boy I'm sure glad I never bought UMvC3! I mean, I was thiiiiiiiis close to buying it since I stuck it to Capcom and didn't buy the first version, but after seeing this there's no WAY I'm getting Ultimate now! Sucks to be you, Capcom fans! HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE."

I don't know, makes sense to me. 6 new characters for $15, and they're probably be some minor balance tweaks too, so people who already have those two characters won't feel totally ripped off.

Maybe not, I'm just trying to think of ways this makes sense, because after charging $5 each for the current DLC characters 8 for $15 does seem fishy.

well, remember, Jill/Shuma didn't sell very well...

Now that you mention it that would be embarrassing. There we are making fun out of the websites for reporting fake Vita games. Next thing you know we all go crazy for a fake MVC3 update. Best not to react so much to this news until it is proved to be legitimate.

No, that's not what I'm talking about. Nothing wrong with speculation running wild on an internet message board, especially when the thread title says Rumor.

I'm talking about some "journalist" seeing this thread and running to write a story without learning a lesson from the last time.

C_V

I would be more than okay with this if they just did it for the transition between vanilla and ultimate as well.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope all platforms can get it, not like ssfiv3d which they didnt bother hooking an updater to despite having ae imminent...

Screw you guys on the first page. MahvelGAF knows it got the short end of the stick and the game deserved more than it got. It's fantastic news as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't buy UMvC3 new anyways so I don't feel burned at all if this is true.
p1UKD.gif

I'd laugh if all the inclusions were female to counterbalance the sausagefest of Ultimate.
Awesome

Super Ultimate MvC3? Omnipotent? Super Turbo Hyper? Feel sorry for the people who bought MvC3 and Ultimate MvC3. At least it's DLC for the extra 8 characters if this rumor is true.

Screw you guys on the first page. MahvelGAF knows it got the short end of the stick and the game deserved more than it got. It's fantastic news as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't buy UMvC3 new anyways so I don't feel burned at all.

This. I had a huge grin on my face when I came into this thread. Continued support for MvC? Yes! I'll have some! Full price. Day one. I'm there.

Top Bottom