• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Downloadable Expansion To Marvel vs Capcom 3 Possibly Coming [Sven/Seth: No.]

h3ro

YESS!! MAHVEL BABY!!!

Gill would be a fantastic Capcom counter to the Chickenhead. Also, Asura!

Funny how all those crying about getting "milked" have rarely, if ever, been seen in an FGC or FG thread. Get over yourselves. If you don't like the content, don't buy. Simple as that. I enjoy the content and know I'm probably gonna be getting a 108kb when I buy all the characters in SFxT, but I'm ok with that because I enjoy these games. If you aren't ok with Capcom's business practices, vote with your wallet and exercise your right as a consumer.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I have no interest in cross over fighting games. I don't mind dlc, but is this something we should expect from Capcpom - don't buy the first version because it will be useless a few months later; the game play mechanics will be altered and characters will be nerfed and more will be added later

The thing is, I'm not sure this really works with a competitive genre. It's like "playing Starcraft until they patch it again is useless, the game will be different". Not really. The basic skills and abilities take a long time to hone.

I didn't feel my experience with SFIV was useless when Super SFIV came out. Starting with Super would have been worse than starting with SFIV.

The "I'll wait for the update" mentality is waiting for a train that never stops rolling.

Pctx

Banned
Capcom does something wrong - we nuke from orbit

Capcom does exactly what we asked them for - still nuke

Capcom announces Darkstalkers - We arm ourselves and hide it with praise

reps.gif

Theonik

So what are they going to call it? Ultimate was pretty silly all things considered as it makes any addition seem stupid. Super Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom just sounds dumb. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcpom Extend?
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/souku040/architecture/Blog 5.1.gif

Rumor? Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the second time we have destroyed the fighting genre, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.
I seriously love this post.

Wait why are we MAD AGAIN. This is WHAT WE WANTED.

The other 8 characters DLC, Mega Man etc?

NOT a forced disc release?

Reasonably priced DLC for so many characters?

THEY ARE NOT EVEN ON THE DISC. THEY ARE REAL NEW WORK.

People cannot bitch here without being huge hypocrites.

This is EXACTLY what people wanted and were pissed off that Capcom was not doing any "real" DLC for the game, to add in the other characters they wanted to see.

If this is true it's just like AE... current buyers get it cheap, new people get a discount disc.

WTF? How is this milking it? AE style updates are what we wanted to see!

I give up on everybody. You people really will bitch over Capcom jumping left OR right. They're damned.

Edit: Sorry, I know not everyone is bitching instantly, it's just that I had to head desk at so many "LOL MILK IT CAPCOM HERE WE GO AGAIN" posts. This reminds me of when AE was announced. First the zeitgeist said Capcom would never release a DLC update. Then it insisted AE would be a $60 retail disc. Then when it was confirmed as DLC, the zeitgeist switched over to bitching about the existence of DLC and how it ruins games forever.

As long as buyers of the retail UMVC3 disc don't get screwed over, and the expansion is actually priced well ($15 for 8 characters is good), who CARES if Capcom keeps updating the game? Fighting games get iterated. It's 2012 and half the gaming population still can't get over that?

slowclap.gif

Isn't this the exact opposite of SFxT potentially expensive shit ton of DLC thats already on the disc?

Giard

Aghhh. I hate downloadable expansions, but this one really interests me. Kinda annoys me that when I want to bring the game at a friend's house, I have to make them download my gamertag and the expansion.

I could buy the disc version but it seems a waste of money when I have UMvC3... Let's see if the rumor is confirmed first.

Neiteio

I was just playing vanilla MvC3 the other day, thinking about picking up Ultimate. Guess I'll wait until July 24 for the retail version of UMvC3X.

Were you on Unity?

Still am, though I'm mostly just lurking there. Was actively posting there during the "UMvC3 rumored OMG!"-period, but ceased after the stupidity, lol.
If you know the name, I am Tasty Mandarin (though the original account name was Scalemate - I thought it was funny).

Anyone will do, yes even the Shocker or the Lizard.

No bashing the Lizard, man. The Lizard is fucking awesome.

Zia

Funny how all those crying about getting "milked" have rarely, if ever, been seen in an FGC or FG thread. Get over yourselves.

Why would it matter that someone isn't part of an insular, often-embarrassing Boy's Club? Capcom's anticonsumer practices, insistence on running the genre into the ground once more and those that so readily support them negatively impact everyone. I, and I'm sure many others, would love to regularly play a Capcom fighter, but while the rest of the world moves towards competitive game(s) as ever-evolving service(s), Capcom is stuck in 1998.

I think that if Capcom is actually going to do a Marvel update, they won't pass up the opportunity to troll Mega Man fans further. They won't add X. They'll add Roll.

Well... TvC Roll is pretty awesome. Just sayin'.

I'd like to see Mega Man's opening animation involve walking in and holding up a photograph of BA Mega Man. He says "Have you seen my father?"

8X8YQl.jpg

Funny how all those crying about getting "milked" have rarely, if ever, been seen in an FGC or FG thread. Get over yourselves. If you don't like the content, don't buy. Simple as that. I enjoy the content and know I'm probably gonna be getting a 108kb when I buy all the characters in SFxT, but I'm ok with that because I enjoy these games. If you aren't ok with Capcom's business practices, vote with your wallet and exercise your right as a consumer.

This point was brought up in the SFXT DLC thread, and the counterpoint was that voting with your wallet doesn't count when the unwashed masses outnumber you. Ignoring the implication that everyone who buys an update for Capcom's games is a feckless spendthrift, I've always wondered if people who boycott or avoid purchasing games based on principle ever follow up on it. Do they write to the developers or the regional branch and actually spell out why the company's not getting their money, or do they just keep their cash and expect people within the company to divine the reason from their profits? Or maybe the company's expected to hash out some sort of consensus from comment sections across various sites?

SmithnCo

I'm surprised this is getting any hate if it's DLC. 15 bucks for 8 characters is a good rate too. Seems like what people would want to keep the game fresh.

well i already got my dream character in Nemesis (never thought he'd get in) so i'd say we get...........BEAST B^)

that fat guy from spider man, gambler? he should make it too

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do you guys really think they'll go for obscure characters after everyone felt the need to constantly remind how bad UMvC3 was going to be because a raccoon was playable but not Venom? And how criticised this would surely be?

I dunno, would be a bad move. Even considering how bad most marketing moves regarding this game were.

Raccoon over Venom was a fantastic decision, because fuck Venom. And Gambit. It's good that they're digging deep to get good characters instead of bad characters that happened to be popular 15-20 years ago.

Also, did you see Final Round? Raccoon just beat the shit out of the FGC.

(╯◕ω◕)╯︵ [ニニニ] LOG TRAP!

kswiston

I haven't jumped on the MvC3 bandwagon yet, but maybe I will wait to see if this rumour is confirmed first.

I hope the Marvel characters include some lesser knowns who haven't been in a Capcom game yet. Rocket Raccoon and Nova making the cut last time was cool.

From Capcom Unity:
if this is real and comes with Black Panther, Loki, Lizard (from spiderman), and some old school character like Venom, Cyclops, Cable, Gambit, Juggernaut etc

lol'd at this. Gambit, Venom, Cable being "old school"? :D
And Lizard or Loki aren't?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I went from the first page to hit REPLY saying "No way this is fake ass shit, again."

... then after posting read the comments on the last page. Hah, I was right.

Disappointing IMO. I've been holding off on UMvC3 since I already have MvC3. Since this rumor has now been debunked, what's the cheapest I can get UMvC3 on ps3? Is it really still $40?

horsebird

Banned
If they give us one of either Venom or Carnage, they'll have my money. $15 for 8 characters plus gameplay balances is reasonable to me and something that wouldn't have been possible in the previous gen.

I trust an anonymous GS employee over a Capcom employee.

Anyways, how can people complain about 8 characters for $14.99. People pay that price for freaking map packs.

krazen

Does this finally confirm Capcom management has a 3 release roadmap for each fighting game release?

Vanilla SF -> Super -> AE Edition

MVC3 -> UMVC3 ->UMVC3XIUEOUWUIEOIU edition

SfxTek into an eventual retail 'all dlc unlocked' release like the komplete edition around late 2012/early2013. Finally late 2013 update: There are plenty popular SF4 chars Capcom left on the shelf, and lord knows Tekken still has dozens of characters to draw from. On top of that since Tek x Sf will be on its way out you can ride that advertisement wave...win win.

Top Bottom