• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: EA announcing NFS: Underground reboot at VGX (4chan rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

There are a lot of reasons to doubt this, but this news is a few weeks old and with EA saying they would announce a bomb today... I feel like it might just happen. Still a big chance it's fake though.

So I’ve just been fired from Ghost games so I might as well leak this,
Yes we have skipped a year with NFS games, EA was at first contemplating to shut down the franchise after many titles failed to meet expectations, now as a last ditch effort they gave us more time (and horrendous working hours) to work on the new title Underground: Need For Speed

Yes this a Sequel to the Underground series, but to make it seem new we had to reboot it, make it more modern add some of the elements of 2012’s NFS most wanted
If you don’t believe me, at this year VGX we will announce the game.

We are still trying to go back to the foundation of Underground by including as many import cars as possible with a healthy amount of European cars. American and Muscle cars are sadly enough almost absent besides the 2014 Ford Mustang Boss.
The customization can be broken down to Body kits, wide bumper, spoilers, Rims, spinners and we also planned to include special parts for Drag races and drift races, you can basically customize your car for the kind of race you want to do with it, Vinyls and paints also is much more expanded than first, the appearance of your car will matter, if you put it online people can give your car style points, the more style points the more your car is worth

I also forgot to add, EA is now jumping on the whole Frame rate craze and the game will run at 60 fps on all systems although the Ps4 and Xbone version are a pain in the ass to make it run well, the trailer we will show will look slightly better than the endgame, 900p on PS4 and 720p on xbone, altough the xbone version is struggling to stay at 60 and MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too, EA will probably make that call, so if they say it runs at 1080p 60 fps, its damage control

We are still in early stages but from what i could see it does try to emulate the Old NFS feel but with some burnout things like takedowns the handling
Unlocks are done through the reputation you gain in the city, the higher your rep the better the unlocks, same with cars,shops, auto lots and all are visible from the beginning “
We outsourced it to the devs that made NFS nitro on DS so I honestly don’t know what to expect, the console version were EA’s highest priority no WiiU version but a special Ios version is being made and
ported to 3DS.

Aaron Paul is supposed to make an appearance as well.

The leaker also mentioned this song would be used on the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tsrKgPNHFw

http://asidcast.com/index.php/2014/11/alleged-nfs-underground-2015-detail-leak/

GamerJM

Banned
/v/ rumors aren't ever really reliable, but nothing about this seems unbelievable (or really all that interesting, to be honest; it was inevitable that there would be another NFS game and this seems like it would take the series in an expected direction).

iMax

Don't fuck this up EA. I will have all your babies if this is true.

Also...

MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too, EA will probably make that call

wut?

manzo

I also forgot to add, EA is now jumping on the whole Frame rate craze and the game will run at 60 fps on all systems although the Ps4 and Xbone version are a pain in the ass to make it run well, the trailer we will show will look slightly better than the endgame, 900p on PS4 and 720p on xbone, altough the xbone version is struggling to stay at 60 and MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too, EA will probably make that call, so if they say it runs at 1080p 60 fps, its damage control

Ohboyherewegoagain.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
Aaaaah wtf I really hope this is true. I loved the first underground and I know they wont be able to recapture that feeling.

Although I must say these stories of Microsoft trying to force parity on publishers sounds terrible, but it keeps popping up so I'm inclined to believe that as well.

I believe this story.

TI82

Banned
If this parity thing is true I wonder if that's one of the reasons street fighter is skipping xb1.

Skii

I was with this until he said Microsoft were pressuring EA to bring down the PS4 resolution to 720p. It just doesn't seem that believable with the game still a year away that that would be Microsoft's main concern with the game.

Cider X

Come on guys. This is troll bait bullshit. "900p drama omg MS are forcing parity." It is so obviously written to rile people up.

This part seems weird to me.
Sounds so fanboyish.

Edit: The song sucks.

JayEH

MS is pressuring EA to put it down to 720p? Lol calling BS.

If this game announcement is true, I'll be disappointed. SF V and a racing game don't interest me.

JordanKZ

If legit, they must return the greatest character from NFS history:

1651647632_f92195afac.jpg

rBose

Banned
So they are rebooting the NFS series or the annual milking, which one ?

Let's hope it's gonna be in good hands this time, Criterion has a nice way of developing car games and if it uses Frostbite 3 I'm gonna love it.

Yeah, this seems completely made up. I'm not buying this.

Talking about framerates in that manner a year off from release sounds like pure fiction.

dlauv

Most hardcore PG-13 game on the Gamecube.

I'd rather play that than the cops vs racers thing that they've been making, with the speed racer gadgets.

Ambitious

So I’ve just been fired from Ghost games so I might as well leak this

Why would he say that? Now they (Ghost Games) know who he is, or at the very least have a very small set of suspects (assuming there were no mass layoffs recently).

Bumpers

"So I’ve just been fired from Ghost games so I might as well leak this,"
Surely this is a breach of work agreement, no way would I consider leaking anything after being fired. I'd be much more surprised if this was true in comparison to other rumours.

Remeard

Going to have to say it's BS. While I'm sure there will be a new NFP Underground and probably going to be a "reboot", the post is just filled with classic 4chan bait.

This seemed believable up until the MS resolution stuff. I never put much stock in the rumours that MS would pressure studios to get the PS4 version to have an equal resolution, I guess we will find out tonight.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
They had to reboot Underground, the franchise's jump-the-shark moment, instead of Porsche Unleashed?

EA gonna EA.

JayEH

Why would he say that? Now they (Ghost Games) know who he is, or at the very least have a very small set of suspects (assuming there were no mass layoffs).

Good point. They couldn't have fired too many people recently. This is seeming more and more like garbage.

So I've just been fired from Team ICO so I might as well leak this,

Yes we have skipped 5 year with The Last Guardian, Sony was at first contemplating to cancel the game after many hours were wasted on the PS3 version, now as a last ditch effort they gave us more time (and horrendous working hours) to work on the PS4 version.

Yes this The Last Guardian as announced, but to make it seem new we had to reboot it, make it more modern add some of the elements of Rime
If you don’t believe me, at this year PSX we will announce the remake.

Flappy

Banned
we had to reboot it, make it more modern add some of the elements of 2012’s NFS most wanted

Oh. A shitty Burnout Paradise clone then.

There is no way this will be on the level of the first two. You will thank me later for lowering your expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom