• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: EA announcing NFS: Underground reboot at VGX (4chan rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

the guy on 4chan :p

phew-gif.gif

iNvid02

last one i had a ton of fun with was hot pursuit 2010, i dont want this franchise to die but they need to figure out nfs' identity

when is vgx?

about 12 hours from now

edit: no its not, keighley is competing with VGX. too many award shows

Lets break down what he says:

- EA will announce a new NFS game at TGA.
- The official name is Underground: Need For Speed
- Some of the elements of 2012’s NFS most wanted.
- The customization can be broken down to Body kits, wide bumper, spoilers, Rims, spinners
- Takedowns
- Unlocks are done through the reputation you gain in the city
- 60 fps on all systems
- 900p on PS4 and 720p on xbone
- MS is pressuring them to lower the PS4 version to 720p too

If he gets everything right then he must be right about the MS part too, right? Now we wait.

And wait some more, if EA annouced it to be 720P they will be burned to the ground.
If the above comes to fruitation, then MS is gonna be burned.
And that just after they recoverd from all other fiasco's.

Dinjooh

- The customization can be broken down to Body kits, wide bumper, spoilers, Rims, spinners
- Takedowns
- 60 fps on all systems

If he gets everything right then he must be right about the MS part too, right? Now we wait.

Yup. This is fairly simple, we just wait and see if it gets announced.

Please be true, Please be true, Pleaaaase be true. To this day the first Underground is one of my favorite racing games. Hell i replay it atleast once every year and it still holds up pretty well IMO.

Alienous

Of course they are. They're a bunch of hype-mongering assholes.

And just like Most Wanted it won't compare to the original.

rich7sena

Banned
I find this guy hard to believe. Calling 60 FPS a "craze" and mentioning pressure from MS and bad working conditions under EA just make it sound like he/she is just checking boxes to incite and online response.

- Takedowns
- 60 fps on all systems

Not necessarily, even if everything else checks out, the part about MS attempting to force parity could still be bullshit.

After all, why choose a game like the Underground reboot to force this parity when they didn't for Battlefield 4, Garden Warfare, etc.

T.O.P

Banned
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OH FUCK YES

rrvv

So I've just been fired from Team ICO so I might as well leak this,

Yes we have skipped 5 year with The Last Guardian, Sony was at first contemplating to cancel the game after many hours were wasted on the PS3 version, now as a last ditch effort they gave us more time (and horrendous working hours) to work on the PS4 version.

Yes this The Last Guardian as announced, but to make it seem new we had to reboot it, make it more modern add some of the elements of Rime
If you don’t believe me, at this year PSX we will announce the remake.

Why would you remake something that didn't exist in first place :p

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Please be true and not open world if confirmed.

Underground 2's open world worked well

Nah , it felt really claustrophobic.Also hated that there was no fast travel. The only time EA made an open world racing game right was the first most wanted imo.

Not necessarily, even if everything else checks out, the part about MS attempting to force parity could still be bullshit.

After all, why choose a game like the Underground reboot to force this parity when they didn't for Battlefield 4, Garden Warfare, etc.

Because EA didnt agree to also do it for those titles, MS still coud have tried.
So we dont know if its bullshit or not, you can choose to believe or not to believe.
But rest assured if true, this will not be over by a long shot.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
/v/ rumors aren't ever really reliable, but nothing about this seems unbelievable (or really all that interesting, to be honest; it was inevitable that there would be another NFS game and this seems like it would take the series in an expected direction).

Bloodborne came from 4 chan though. But yeah you take it with a grain of salt, but I've seen my fair shair that turned out true.

recks

I also forgot to add, EA is now jumping on the whole Frame rate craze and the game will run at 60 fps on all systems although the Ps4 and Xbone version are a pain in the ass to make it run well, the trailer we will show will look slightly better than the endgame, 900p on PS4 and 720p on xbone, altough the xbone version is struggling to stay at 60 and MS is pressuring us to lower the Ps4 version to 720p too, EA will probably make that call, so if they say it runs at 1080p 60 fps, its damage control

We are still in early stages but from what i could see it does try to emulate the Old NFS feel but with some burnout things like takedowns the handling
Unlocks are done through the reputation you gain in the city, the higher your rep the better the unlocks, same with cars,shops, auto lots and all are visible from the beginning “
We outsourced it to the devs that made NFS nitro on DS so I honestly don’t know what to expect, the console version were EA’s highest priority no WiiU version but a special Ios version is being made and
ported to 3DS.

This makes no sense to me. Would love an new Underground, but no takedowns please.

- Takedowns
- 60 fps on all systems

Yeah, this will be interesting to see if its true.

The Underground sub-series were my favorite NFS games (especially Underground 2), so I kind of hope this is true.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Probably fake, but I'd love a new NFS Underground if they bring back the drift and drag races like they were in the first two.

saladine1

This makes no sense to me. Would love an new Underground, but no takedowns please.

Yeah, don't mix it up with other shit. Just keep it true to the originals.
Customization, upgrades, over the top audio, pink slips,drag racing and of course...a Razor Callahan type villain..
Wonder who the leading lady would be this time. Brooke Burke was hot..

Lulu23

If this is true, I'd want it to be a reboot of Underground 2 and the original Most Wanted. Those two were imo by far the most enjoyable NFS games for me.
I also don't think the Underground setting fits very well for a game without an open world like it was in the original Underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom