• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: EA announcing NFS: Underground reboot at VGX (4chan rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I remember the drifting competitions were fun. And drag racing.

Yeah, I'd pick this up.

dr_rus

This is going to bomb so hard if the rumor is true.
Underground's popularity was because it was released as a budget title not because it was some god tier racing street culture game. The game was rather mediocre beyond the street racing customization options - rims and decals and all.
I still think that Most Wanted was the NFS's arcade top while Porsche Unleashed was the closest this series ever got to being a proper car simulation game.
They need to go back to the drawing board if they want to produce anything with any chance for success.

RoKKeR

Just read the whole thing. Some bits sound cool, others a bit bullshit.

Also the dude is a complete dumbass for saying "I just got fired from Ghost so here, take this!" Isn't exactly doing his anonymity any favors.

J B

Banned
This is going to bomb so hard if the rumor is true.
Underground's popularity was because it was released as a budget title not because it was some god tier racing street culture game. The game was rather mediocre beyond the street racing customization options - rims and decals and all.
I still think that Most Wanted was the NFS's arcade top while Porsche Unleashed was the closest this series ever got to being a proper car simulation game.
They need to go back to the drawing board if they want to produce anything with any chance for success.

Yeah, that's exactly why my 14 year old self bought the game, because it was a 'budget title'

/sarcasm

Is it sad that just the mention of a 3DS title (even if it's a port of the iOS version) was enough to get me excited?

The desperation for a 3DS racing title that isn't a kart game is real.

Why couldn't they have given us NFS: Nitro 2?

Mush

I only just saw this thread so I'm glad I didn't pay any attention to the Game Awards.

Is it possible we might see it tomorrow instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom