• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: EA has the WWE license [Up: Or Take-Two?]

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Ugh. Seems like another yearly exploitable franchise, so it's perfect for them. Lots of DLC options as well.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Be nice to see what engine they use. Started replaying Fight Night Champion this week and love the visuals and presentation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As I said in the other thread, I don't see why people are upset. It can't get any worse.

At least EA knows how to run servers(Even if they shut them down 2 years later). Also, EA MMA was quite good.

WWE Elite.

MMA engine to put in use again.
pay to unlock finishing moves

poor wrestling fans.

So I have to buy John Cena's 5 moves of doom separately for 0.99 a move?

BOOOOO.

But at least this gets it away from Yukes right?

Actually I can see Yukes releasing WWE14 under EA while EA hopefully have a internal team making something that resembles a modern video game.

So no more WWE this gen?

I bet we don't see anything until Fall 2014 at this rate.

Unless EA continues to work with Yukes to get something out this year.

AKI engine is slow and outdated. They need to build something from the ground up with next-gen hardware in mind.

Not surprising. I wonder what could've been if it ended up elsewhere though. Maybe 2K? Perhaps Sony could've picked it up as an exclusive?

YES YES YES

finally we will see nex gen graphics for a WWE game, fuck Yukes for using a PS2 engine for TWO GENERATIONS

OMG, the thought of Fight Night graphics for a WWE, fuck yes

Biggzy

Not surprising. I wonder what could've been if it ended up elsewhere though. Maybe 2K? Perhaps Sony could've picked it up as an exclusive?

I doubt it would be financially viable for Sony to get the license for WWE.

In any case the license is with a publisher who knows how to make sports games.

Top Bottom