• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Evil Within 2 / Psycho Break 2 in production

Clock Tower 3 is what cames to my mind when I think about without bulltes game and I have not played Alien Isolation

I hope to keep on playing on liking it at the end. Supernatural is NOT necessary for survival horror

Sure but in this particular case, its what makes it a survival horror.

Great news. I loved chapters 1-..7,8 or somewhere therearound. Until you get to the city. After that it felt a bit unpolished and rushed, could have used another year. All in all a good experience though and the good 3/5 of the game was really good imo.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

1-10, chapter 9 is the mansion chapter and chapter 10 is the Laura/traps/big boss in the garage chapter. Chapter 11 and 12 are the city chapters, then 13 is the apartments.

Right, been a while. I thought it was mostly good/great up until the city. But yea, another year with more polish and time to iterate could have made it really stand out. Great concept/world/premise.

Woah, tell me me more about this co-op vampire game!

That's pretty much all we know about it. Project Zwei was a co-op vampire game that Mikami was working on. He eventually dropped the co-op mechanic, then the whole thing ended up being revamped (heh) into what we now know as The Evil Within.

Please be true. Evil Within was such a great game. The true Resident Evil 4 successor.

That said, I was very disapointed with the DLC episodes, because there was almost no shooting and that Executor-DLC was really trashy.

strafer

I hope Laura returns, she was absolutely terrifying, first time she started chasing me I had to pause the game.

UMSUvB1.jpg

Hopefully the team at Tango Gameworks are given the same amount of freedom as they had with the first. I always thought it was sad that Bestheda eventually pushed for them to update the game with a wider field of view and no 21:9 bars, since that was in there as a creative decision.

Still, Bestheda is one of the few publishers left making wholly single player experiences + expansion packs, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But I always got the impression that they mostly left Mikami and co. to their own devices with The Evil Within.

Dusk Golem

Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Tango Gameworks updated their website for the first time in a year just yesterday with a private password-protected page you can't access yet, and The Evil Within is today's Steam Daily Deal five days before Bethesda's E3 conference.

Call me suspicious.

I liked the beginning of the game. Hopefully they got rid off the crappy engine and be more like the first third of the game.

-MD-

Tango Gameworks updated their website for the first time in a year just yesterday with a private password-protected page you can't access yet, and The Evil Within is today's Steam Daily Deal five days before Bethesda's E3 conference.

Call me suspicious.

pHldjae.gif

yoonshik

Call me suspicious.
itshappening.gif

0517_b1uw6.gif

Call me suspicious.

Please be true...
Everything is already there for the developers, game just needs a lot of tweaks/adjustments in places and it would be an amazing sequel.

so1337

I honestly have no idea what to even expect from a sequel. The "anything goes" mentality of the first game was incredibly thrilling.

Hostile_18

Banned
Hopefully the team at Tango Gameworks are given the same amount of freedom as they had with the first. I always thought it was sad that Bestheda eventually pushed for them to update the game with a wider field of view and no 21:9 bars, since that was in there as a creative decision.

Still, Bestheda is one of the few publishers left making wholly single player experiences + expansion packs, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But I always got the impression that they mostly left Mikami and co. to their own devices with The Evil Within.

At the end of the day giving people options on a technical level is never a bad thing. If you want to play it "as the director intended" you can, if you want to make the most of your tv real estate can. As long as a publisher dosnt try to influence the story content there really is no problem. Let people play the game they paid for how they want (I'm playing again and in my opinion it's so much better with no grain and black bars disabled).

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but fuck.... this decreases the chance of the other new game being Bethesda Game Studio's because at this point Wolfenstein is a given if you ask me.

Santar

I'm potentially very excited for this, the first game turned out to be a pretty darn good RE 4 like game in the end with some good gunplay and very atmospheric setting at times. It had some rough spots but still I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.
I just really hope they don't continue down the very stealth and hide and seek focused path they started with the DLC.

I've never been a fan of the purely hide from the monsters and sneak around type horror games.
I haven't even bothered playing he DLC because of this, even though I kinda want to see the rest of the story.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but fuck.... this decreases the chance of the other new game being Bethesda Game Studio's because at this point Wolfenstein is a given if you ask me.

Ehhh, just because they said there were two unannounced titles on that image, doesn't mean that they have to be restricted to "just two" game reveals. They could def show 3 new games.

myco666

Man, if there is no TEW2 at E3 I am going to be so disappointed. If it is happening god I hope they use some of the designs that are in the artbook. There are some really awesome designs that didn't make into the game. Also hopefully they add the goofy small haunted merchant in the game.

Please be true! The first one was excellent and a joy for everyone who loves weird and gory scenarios. Now just tweak the gameplay and make it even weirder and more brutal and it will be the best horror game ever.

Not a fan of the first game but i apprecciated some ideas and concept that Mikami put into it

Quite curious to see how this shapes up

Somewhere in The Evil Within I sensed the seed of a good game. Let's see if they can deliver this time.

first & second posts! :) ...

exactly how i feel: never really connected with the game (it just felt empty/soulless), but could see lots of possibilities. just recently really enjoyed resident evil 7, would love an improved tew sequel :) ...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Call me suspicious.

15744937280_74f5165e5f_o.gif

Meh. I think we'll get all three announced, but one of the three will be a short teaser, while the other will be gameplay(Wolf is a given for gameplay). Honestly, I could see ether show up. Bethesda has ramped up to two games active at once, so Starfield could have 3 or more years of dev time at this point, but Evil Within is 3 years old this year. Toss up. I could see Evil Within release this year as easily as Starfield, or neither.

Jawmuncher

My selfish wish is Mikami leave more on action and basically makes me something that will fill the void of no RE6 style game.

TEW1 did not fill that void. If you ask me it didn't even fill the void of offering something like Re4.

I know I'll buy it regardless of what it is though

Meh. I think we'll get all three announced, but one of the three will be a short teaser, while the other will be gameplay(Wolf is a given for gameplay). Honestly, I could see ether show up. Bethesda has ramped up to two games active at once, so Starfield could have 3 or more years of dev time at this point, but Evil Within is 3 years old this year. Toss up. I could see Evil Within release this year as easily as Starfield, or neither.

Hmmmm if rumors are true Starfield has been a thing ever since after Skyrim or at least Fallout 4. It's just that ever since that Bethesdaland picture and it showing two games under construction I automatically assumed only two reveals. :)

At the end of the day giving people options on a technical level is never a bad thing. If you want to play it "as the director intended" you can, if you want to make the most of your tv real estate can. As long as a publisher dosnt try to influence the story content there really is no problem. Let people play the game they paid for how they want (I'm playing again and in my opinion it's so much better with no grain and black bars disabled).

You make a good point, there are definitely things that can be compromised in the name of choice.

Though there have been cases where it isn't story related and negatively impacted the "game", for instance in Mario Maker Nintendo decided to speed up the rate of new tool unlocks, which arguably led to a lack of focus in user generated content as players were overwhelmed with a toybox of tools.

My selfish wish is Mikami leave more on action and basically makes me something that will fill the void of no RE6 style game.

TEW1 did not fill that void. If you ask me it didn't even fill the void of offering something like Re4.

I know I'll buy it regardless of what it is though

Wasn't there a rumour that Mikami might not actually be at the helm this time or something?

Gurish

If they didn't change their crap engine I won't bother, no reason for DOOM to look so much better and run at 60 fps while this game looks like shit while running at 20-30.

Hmmmm if rumors are true Starfield has been a thing ever since after Skyrim or at least Fallout 4. It's just that ever since that Bethesdaland picture and it showing two games under construction I automatically assumed only two reveals. :)

Yeah, that might be the case. I just took it as two extensive reveals, but if Starfield isn't releasing this year then they might not reveal it at all.

I'm just pretty sure one of those three will release this Fall. Zenimax has only missed like two falls since Fallout 3(2009/2013).

Dusk Golem

Zukkoyaki

Bethesda conferences seems to focus on games coming within the next 12 months or so. That and given the timeline of the studios' previous releases as well hints/teases, Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 have always been the most likely new game announcements for Bethesda. I would be legit surprised if anything from Bethesda Games Studios gets announced.

Jawmuncher

Bethesda conferences seems to focus on games coming within the next 12 months or so. That and given the timeline of the studios' previous releases as well hints/teases, Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 have always been the most likely new game announcements for Bethesda. I would be legit surprised if anything from Bethesda Games Studios gets announced.

The current rumor is this game will release sooner than some expect. Basically think how RE7 reveal to release was 7 months. Would not be surprised if this came out in October

Dusk Golem

Zukkoyaki

The current rumor is this game will release sooner than some expect. Basically think how RE7 reveal to release was 7 months. Would not be surprised if this came out in October
Huh, I wasn't aware of those particular rumors. If that is true, I'm not sure what to think. It would sure as hell cement Bethesda Game Studios as the world's most productive high end developer though. That would be an impressive turnaround with their studio size following Fallout 4 and its DLC.

-MD-

Huh, I wasn't aware of those particular rumors. If that is true, I'm not sure what to think. It would sure as hell cement Bethesda Game Studios as the world's most productive high end developer though. That would be an impressive turnaround with their studio size following Fallout 4 and its DLC.

Different studios, Bethesda publishes it but this is a Tango Gameworks game.

Top Bottom