• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ewan McGregor Signs on For Obi-Wan Kenobi Return

ManaByte

Gold Member
The dumb thing about this that Disney said around last fall that the scripts were done. I get that Hollywood is complicated but the number of similar incidents almost reached double digits by now on the film/tv side alone. Aside from the cancellation of CW or 1313/it´s "reboot" or... And then we have all the issues with the EU and whatnot else. LF is run like shit without George and KK literally failed to do the job that gave her this position, by George himself no less. She was supposed to make his E7-9 and to continue the projects and teams (Lucas Arts) that worked under him. Why the fuck is SW Underworld dead?
I want to see that shit in some from. I get that Iger holds her reigns but both have abysmal comprehension of the IP and it shows. 2022 here we come. Things can only improve regardless of who takes the Disney and LF thrones.

LF employees clearly aren´t happy either. They are the ones who leak all of this or the recent E9 concepts after all. Lol.
PS: Dear KK. Don´t make Indy 5. What the fuck are you thinking?

Pablo said a lot of the Underworld scripts were mined for things and stories in the shows and movies like Rebels and Solo.

Underworld died because Lucas couldn’t afford to make it at the time because when the scripts were written the effects would‘ve been too expensive. Then they mined the scripts for other shows and movies.

Last edited:
I don´t want to hear shit about budgets after seeing how STD and Picard or The Expanse look. The technology George waited for came along a near-decade later. And they could have gone animated (I love animation), make a comprehensive multi-media project out of it, or anything. Disney now owns ILM. Use them! But nope. Shitcan it all and take the many spin-offs with it. Can´t get more galaxy brained than that...

Dishing out some small elements of it into Rebels (it also included TFU/Dark Times/Thrawn-canon elements), Solo and some books ain´t good enough. Not after the amount of time and talent that went into Underworld. The current leadership of LF can´t see the value in what they have, just read how Iger talks about SW, it´s as simple as that. The SW hit to miss ratio ain´t too much lower than where it was before, SW Kinect... lol, but it is still noticeably lower and LF torpedoed some rather big boats in full view of the press in the least whatever amount of years.
A version of Kenobi should come out at some point but the journey to it is borderline embarrassing. It´s Kenobi! He just works. But not under Disney...

I fucking love the Vader Vol. 2 comic and the Tarkin novel but those aren´t the big picture things you need to get right when running such an IP. Star Wars Resistance, for example, amounted to a bunch of nothing and no one cares. You don´t even learn shit about anything worth of interest about the barren and crazy short ST timeline. You need to get comics to get the (back)stories the ST failed to tell.
SW just did 2 seasons worth of anime filler, the show is even animated in Japan, under the current leadership to allow the CW/Rebels teams to get further along in their work. WTF? Is this where we are now?
Those Lego things at least have an identity and aren´t canon. The SW Lego division is better run than real SW? Like what!?!

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don´t want to hear shit about budgets after seeing how STD and Picard or The Expanse look. The technology George waited for came along a near-decade later. And they could have gone animated (I love animation), make a comprehensive multi-media project out of it, or anything. Disney now owns ILM. Use them! But nope. Shitcan it all and take the many spin-offs with it. Can´t get more galaxy brained than that...

Underworld was cancelled LONG before George ever thought of selling to Disney.

Underworld was cancelled LONG before George ever thought of selling to Disney.
Yup but it still sucks.

There was also that Amy Hennig Star Wars game that got canned but that was under Disney I believe. Which sucks because she's one of the best out there so I could only imagine that game would have been top notch.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yup but it still sucks.

There was also that Amy Hennig Star Wars game that got canned but that was under Disney I believe. Which sucks because she's one of the best out there so I could only imagine that game would have been top notch.

heh someone involved with that sent MSW TONS of concept art and one of the design docs. There were some cool ideas (like a Carbonite gun) but I think Jedi Fallen Order turned out better than "Ragtag" would've.

The story was another Imperial super weapon. The main character was from Alderaan and the Empire was mining this toxic gas left over in the rubble of Alderaan to make a super weapon out of it and the main character puts together a crew to stop it.

VertigoOA

Banned
Supposedly it’s getting pushed back because Kathleen Kennedy didn’t like the script.

I guess that means she intends to fuck it up further.

Why hasn’t this hack been fired?

But SW Underworld wasn´t "canceled" long before George ever thought of selling to Disney. Like we know this.
The Disney buyout happed in October of 2012 btw but the behind the scenes process was in full swing since 2011 with LF´s worth being investigated and whatnot. Iger even looked into Underworld before the hammer fell for real on it. A main reason why 1313 was canned as it ws part of the Underworld Project. We´ll see a tiny glimpse of it in CW "S07".

Back to talk of Shrödingher´s Obi-Wan. The mess with the LF is so bad that you can make a living writing shit about them:
z0oxk2bbcnc41.png

Lol, Screen Rant. Did the checks bounce?

Man, I have Bog Iger so much. Michael Fukcing Eisner was better than him. Like, how?

SR is shit, sure. But THR and so on don´t talk better about LF either and those are actual trades. Those shareholders must be delighted...
That said. I tip my hat to the LF and Bad Robot employees who can´t stop leaking.
wf9j1.jpg

Only the Mando team walks out of this years-long mess with their dignity intact, no leaks major leaks either, as it is made out of the MCU elite + Feloni. Can´t fuck with them. The related Rebel gang was left alone too. Those Rebels 2.0 rumors better be real. Especially as the new Thrawn books can´t overtake the show. They are good btw.

Here is what we lost on the CW front due to my personal pal Sith Iger:
At least a season and a half is gone even if I count the CW Legacy project and S07 but the canned evens, aside from the Vong arc I guess, still happened in the new canon. A+ job.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Only the Mando team walk out of this years-long mess with their dignity intact, no leaks major leaks either, as it is made out of the MCU elite + Feloni. Can´t fuck with them. The related Rebel gang was left alone too. Those Rebels 2.0 rumors better be real.

There were tons of Mando leaks. Hell, I've been to the set.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Which major leaks? SW Leaks had nothing:

MakingStarWars was posting set photos during the filming. Hell, LFL released the official costume pic because they knew he was watching the set and taking pics and didn’t wa t the first look to be a blurry set photo. He also had the Yoda stuff up a month before the show premiered but had it MUCH longer than that because the puppet was on set.

I still have pics on my phone from them building the Season Two sets.

Reddit is garbage.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Since a troll was in this thread throwing around accusations of people making stuff up just because it wasn’t first posted on Reddit, here are two pics from the Mando set when they were building the S2 sets. This is the set they used for any outdoor planet. The building here LOOKS like the Tosche Station in ANH but it could be any building and maybe not even Tatooine, but they did have the Tatooine moisture vaporators elsewhere on the set.

javWfT8.jpg

OMHrWdl.jpg

Top Bottom