• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: F-Zero DLC For FAST Racing NEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymageck

This is probably fake. But you know what? Nintendo should totally buy Shin'en and make it true.

Shin'en has acted like a 2nd party developer for years and it'd be awesome to see them actually handle Nintendo IPs.

RomanceDawn

I'd be down for some F-Zero DLC! That would make me buy the game even quicker.

This thread reminds me that with the super drought coming I'll be sure to pick this up.

Zubz

Banned
Just to add fuel to the fire, their Twitter account has a very interesting tweet.

Perhaps the game will be getting F-Zero tracks and music as well?

I still feel this might be fake, but this Tweet is stopping me from fully discrediting it. I seriously hope it's true! I haven't gotten to play NEO yet, but I fully intend to because of how close it reportedly is to F-Zero. Reviving one of the best racing franchises of all time would just make everything sweeter.

Neiteio

Maybe Nintendo will give them a decent budget and the keys to the kingdom and let them just straight-up make an F-Zero NX

...and if so, hopefully they start by handing over the source code from GX/AX and saying, "Hey, use this as your foundation"

This is probably fake. But you know what? Nintendo should totally buy Shin'en and make it true.

Shin'en has acted like a 2nd party developer for years and it'd be awesome to see them actually handle Nintendo IPs.

They are like 5 people max. And probably don't want to be bought.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Just to add fuel to the fire, their Twitter account has a very interesting tweet.

Perhaps the game will be getting F-Zero tracks and music as well?

yjeK8K8.gif

WOW if true, but the model looks a little low-poly, ahed of the already angular Flacon design.
Besides, Shin'en is a small, tight group of developers that work closely with Nintendo... why/how would this be leaked?

Ridley327

Übermatik;202660705 said:
WOW if true, but the model looks a little low-poly, ahed of the already angular Flacon design.
Besides, Shin'en is a small, tight group of developers that work closely with Nintendo... why/how would this be leaked?

I'm not sure that preferring to work on Nintendo hardware is really the same as working closely with them. Factor 5, they aren't.

Roo

I literally stopped playing this game 3 weeks after launch waiting for Shin'en to add the mini map they promised in a January update..... It's May

If true this could bring me back but I'm not holding my breath

Jawmuncher

Nintendo has let other companies use their IPs before. Remember when Mario and stuff were in SSX? I don't think this is a stretch, though after a lot of clever fakes as of late I'm not betting on this being true.

Pif

Banned

I don't think Shinen would like to be bought, and they are like, 4-5 people.

Mr-Joker

Banned
If true it would be pretty cool.

Nintendo prefers to build a working relationship with the talents rather than potentially buying an empty building.

It's a win-win situation for both people involved.

Will wait for confirmation

getting hyped about Nintendo rumours seems like a good way to crash yourself against the jagged rocks of reality island.

No way these are real. Nintendo has nothing to gain from it and would only potentially cause brand confusion...which wouldn't matter if they don't plan to make another F-Zero ever, which would also negate the need for the crossover

Vena

... potential of F-Zero in FAST...

... delayed patch and soundtrack release for FAST...

... potential claims that Nintendo may be looking to acquire an indie studio or two to build off of...

This can only mean one thing! Better nerf Greninja!

Meohsix

Probably a texture hack. Modders have already figured out how to do it in smash bros U so I'm assuming it wouldn't be difficult to do in other games as well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Maybe this is true but we're going to wait until there's a source that is not a 4chan poster (note to the peanut gallery: yes, people have posted things on 4chan before that have been true, congratulations on your stunning deduction. Absent a trip code, a 4chan post is a 4chan post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom