• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: F-Zero DLC For FAST Racing NEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Again, this by no means is confirmed, this are imageboard images and do not have a source. We've been fooled before, so PLEASE take this with a grain of salt.

That being said...

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/336509264/fast-racing-neo-x-fzero-dlc

And

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/336509264/#336509264

I've never seen these pics before, nor that model of the above Falcon, but it looks GORGEOUS, and I could totally see this happening down the line. Anyone able to debunk with a fan model of the Boue Falcon? Again, never seen this model before. What do you guys think?

Anth0ny

xPEVtLK.jpg

hnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggg

probably fake but stilllllllllllll

Camjo-Z

Probably fake but man I hope it isn't

What is F.A.S.T.?

baby don't hurt me

Basically it's like a mix of F-Zero and Wipeout with an Ikaruga style black-and-white switching gimmick to get boosts and use shortcuts. (That describes the Wii one at least, I assume this new one is similar though I haven't been able to play it yet.)

HUELEN10

How can you guys really be taking this seriously

I know people go through effort for fakes, but I've seem similar naming schemes pan out true on /v/, and the timing of this seems odd. To me, it seems like. Nindies thing for E3 week.

Joqu

It'd be an easy way for Nintendo to throw a bone to F-Zero fans and support an indie dev at the same time. I'd be very happy if true.

... But I'm gonna assume it's fake.

Making it an amiibo unlock would've made more sense, I think. Nintendo makes more off the sales of the amiibo and the devs sell more to F-Zero fans.
Would be a nice token from Nintendo to a dev that's stuck around so long

HUELEN10

Making it an amiibo unlock would've made more sense, I think. Nintendo makes more off the sales of the amiibo and the devs sell more to F-Zero fans.
Would be a nice token from Nintendo to a dev that's stuck around so long

That does make sense as well.

RedToad64

Maybe this explains the patch that was supposed to release in January but mysteriously disappeared? The developers have been very quiet regarding it.

HUELEN10

Maybe this explains the patch that was supposed to release in January but mysteriously disappeared? The developers have been very quiet regarding it.

Their Dev Twitter says from March to April that it WILL come and is waiting Nintendo Certification.

Yeah 2 months? Something's up...

Esque7

I do believe there was supposed to be some sort of update for the game that never came as others have said. Maybe they just expanded the update, would make sense.

All that effort and they fuck up the texturing on the insides of the fins.
The fins may have to serve a different purpose. If it's still going to abide by the rules in FAST, the ships needs a place to indicate which color polarity it is on. Fins seems to be a decent place for that.

HUELEN10

Just to add fuel to the fire, their Twitter account has a very interesting tweet.

Perhaps the game will be getting F-Zero tracks and music as well?

OH SHIIIIIIIIT!

New musical content would be the only good reason to delay OST, and it being a small amount would be a good reason to not to vol 1 now and vol 2 later.

It may not be F-Zero confirmation, but that is a juicy tweet.

RawNuts

I'm going to go with easily fake on this one.

The Blue Falcon model is exactly the same from Smash Bros Brawl; while not unheard of, I don't think they would just re-use that model for such a DLC.

Also, the reflection of the name on the wing in this shot, common.

EDIT: Actually, the model is the same one from the new Smash Bros on Wii U, not Brawl; very similar models, but specific minor differences between the two.

Warxard

Banned
yeah, all dem fakes like the huge AC and watch_dogs leak, or the project beast leak, or the smash roster, etc

Trusting /v/ with worthwhile information is like trusting a dog with a bar of chocolate.

It's a bad idea. I'll keep my expectations low. If ur happens? Let it happen. If it doesn't, no tears shed from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom