• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Factor 5 Developing New Kid Icarus Game for Wii

PolyGone said:
well, for people who played the game when it was first out, yes it had its faults but it was a solid game. In my family, Kid Icarus was right up there with Mario. It was a big deal when we finally managed to beat it, since it was such a tough game. But we managed, and we were just kids. Did you forget how tough games were back then? - most were based on quarter munchers filled with cheap deaths. Kid Icarus was more a game of skill but still easier to get into than Metroid 1.

I'm happy that you can appreciate it but I played Kid Icarus after games like Goonies II and Faxanadu and..well...it wasn't pretty.

Oh and on-topic? It's not going to happen, not worth discussing, etc.

Please, no. If Nintendo uses them to help create the assets, then fine. They're great at that.

Looking past game breakers such as those found in Lair, is Factor 5 capable of making a "fun" game in the vain of EAD? I highly highly doubt it. I found the Rogue Squadron games a bit boring to be honest. Give it to Retro, if anybody else.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
How old were most of the people on this board when Kid Icarus came out? Were you even born?

It's quite leap to update a game 20+ years later. At this point I think they should leave well enough alone.

nightez

Banned
Rogue Squadron 2 should go on record as the second best game ever to be made from start to finish in under 10 months. After the original 1080 Snowboarding.

The Turrican games on Amiga are classics too.

batbeg

nightez said:
Rogue Should go on record as the second best game ever to be developed from start to finish in 10 months. After the original 1080 snowboarding.

The Turrican games on Amiga are classics too.

...Why the hell did you bump this? And during GDC at that?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
why is it always kid icarus that pops up in connection with nintendo's crappy western satellite of the moment? anyway, it's going to happen eventually, as the second part of nintendo's 'desecrate gunpei yokoi's legacy' program -- the first part being metroid prime, obviously

drohne said:
why is it always kid icarus that pops up in connection with nintendo's crappy western satellite of the moment? anyway, it's going to happen eventually, as the second part of nintendo's 'desecrate gunpei yokoi's legacy' program -- the first part being metroid prime, obviously

Well you can always go to a mario galaxy thread saying how great the game is.....

Crushed said:
Pit's Crossbow Training.
2vrsc3m.gif

OnPoint

OK, so I saw this topic when it was new and didn't reply. It's back, so what the hell...

Why would F5 doing KI be such a bad thing? I really don't see why it would be an issue. So long as it isn't all flying, I'm cool with them taking the reigns so long as Nintendo keeps an eye on them like they did with Retro and Metroid. I'm firmly in the "hope it happens" camp.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
anyone think that nintendo will instead of just giving the franchise to F5, also send a design and art team to assist them? seriously, Nintendo is sending a design support team to Tecmo for Fatal Frame 4, and the Zero franchise was ALREADY pretty good. i'm pretty sure that if this is a Nintendo Franchise, Nintendo is going to intervene and assist with production and development to make sure it doesn't turn out to be a turd. F5 is pretty competent too. they aren't as bad as Lair.

Factor 5 is doing the new star fox. It's going to use the wii remote only, yet have amazing IR + motion controls in one of the wii's graphical feasts. The voice acting will suck, and your wingman will still do very little.

That's my guess.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I've never understood all the love for Kid Icarus, since iirc there were only two games in the whole series and nobody I know even knew there was a game for the Game Boy. Maybe it's getting by on the strength of Pit's performance in Captain N? :lol

Redd

Monroeski said:
I've never understood all the love for Kid Icarus, since iirc there were only two games in the whole series and nobody I know even knew there was a game for the Game Boy. Maybe it's getting by on the strength of Pit's performance in Captain N? :lol

He's also in SSBB. Before that I never even heard of Kid Icarus.

ari

Banned
OnPoint said:
Why would F5 doing KI be such a bad thing?
because their last two games was shit beyond belief and kid icarus should be in the hands of a better developer. Not only that, but factor 5 was talking so much shit against the wii that it made them seemed like complete sony fanboys. They have no fucking place with nintendo anymore.

Top Bottom