• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Fantastic Four Reboot in Danger, Josh Trank May Be Out (Was High, Broke Sets)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

PLEASE TAKE THIS WITH A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SALT!!!!

Apparently this is coming from people who were actually working on production on the Fantastic Four reboot. Basically, Josh Trank came into production high as hell, messed up a ton of the set pieces (which are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars) to the point where Fox had to publicly apologize to the cast, crew, & people who they worked with for the set pieces. These guys are also saying that Josh Trank is basically screwed in both this movie & is most likely getting booted from Star Wars. Supposedly this was why Marvel is distancing themselves from the Fantastic Four brand (cutting off merchandise, canceling the comic, blowing up the reboot cast in Punisher, etc.) seeing as they hated what was going on behind the scenes. This would also explain why the cast has kept quiet about the movie as of recently, & it would explain the delay. The people on the set are saying that don't be surprised if the movie doesn't come out at all. Again, take this with a grain of salt & I'll get more links as this story develops, but the video I'm linking (or more specifically Armin) does have sources within Holywood (he got access to an early draft of the Sinister Six script & did a video on it, separate from the SonyGate leaks).

UPDATE: Another source has been added.

Sources: ComicBookCast, TigerDroppings (please read the entire thread, the names associated with the rumors check out with those involved in the production of the movie), Star Wars Always

The movie not coming out would probably be the best thing that could happen for the Fantastic Four, assuming that these sources are real.

Neoxon

Basically according to these rumors, Josh Trank was fucking up the movie during production while being high as all hell, Fox had to publicly apologize to those involved & Josh Trank's career may be over. Basically a ton of shit is going on with this movie, none of which are the good kind. Again, all rumors.

Hopefully we get a trailer soon to set these fears to rest.

Neoxon

Those aren't real sources. A random youtube video and no-name message board. Alright then.
Why else did I say take with a grain of salt. The YouTuber does have sources within Holywood (as stated before, he has access to an earlier version of the Sinister Six script), & the message board I linked had people posting the rumors who are connected to the production of the movie (apparently their names check out).

LycanXIII

I thought I saw that they finished filming not long ago?

Edit: Production was done back in August.
MbdAzdN.png

Neoxon

Nah. Chronicle was pretty great. My only concern was Fox messing shit up, but that was alleviated because DoFP was the best comic movie last year.
I loved DoFP as much as the next guy (it was a very pleasant surprise to me), but Winter Soldier & GotG.

Basically according to these rumors, Josh Trank was fucking up the movie during production while being high as all hell, Fox had to publicly apologize to those involved & Josh Trank's career may be over. Basically a ton of shit is going on with this movie, none of which are the good kind. Again, all rumors.

Hopefully we get a trailer soon to set these fears to rest.
Oh no, I got all that. I was just kinda dazed by the rumours.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Please be true. End this shit, revert the rights.

Mariolee

What other movies that weren't stoner comedies had directors not named Kevin Smith show up to production high as hell and ended up really good? I feel like the answer may surprise me.

Cheebo

Banned
So...I read the whole thread. The only thing they seem to agree on is he is high a lot and destroyed a home he was renting?

How is that news? Directors do that shit all the time. I have heard FAR worse things about the likes of Michael Bay.

He got the Star Wars job in return for deliberately fucking over the Fantastic Four shoot and ensuring that the movie won't come out on time, enabling Disney to claim the rights and to bring Galactus and Doom to the MCU.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Neoxon

So...I read the whole thread. The only thing they seem to agree on is he is high a lot and destroyed a home he was renting?

How is that news? Directors do that shit all the time. I have heard FAR worse things about the likes of Michael Bay.
It's a rumor, & I went through many precautions to label this thread as such. Basically it's a mix of Armin's internal sources & that thread.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hope he didn't destroy the hobo Doom suit.

Cheebo

Banned
Why else did I say take with a grain of salt. The YouTuber does have sources within Holywood (as stated before, he has access to an earlier version of the Sinister Six script), & the message board I linked had people posting the rumors who are connected to the production of the movie (apparently their names check out).

There is absolutely no indication in any of this that the film is in trouble though or would be kicked off Star Wars. Doings drugs constantly and trashing a home hasn't stopped a movie from being released before. And directors do this shit all the time (ex. Michael Bay) and continue to get work. Scorsese did some of his best work high out of his mind on cocaine after all.

I don't see how him doing drugs and trashing a rented home warrants speculation the movie is in trouble. A movie that finished shooting over 4 months ago.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
But yeah, this seems to be something people are eager to believe because they'd like to see this tank. The production wrap months ago is the biggest knock against this.

Neoxon

There is absolutely no indication in any of this that the film is in trouble though or would be kicked off Star Wars. Doings drugs constantly and trashing a home hasn't stopped a movie from being released before. And directors do this shit all the time (ex. Michael Bay) and continue to get work. Scorsese did some of his best work high out of his mind on cocaine after all.

I don't see how him doing drugs and trashing a rented home warrants speculation the movie is in trouble. A movie that finished shooting over 4 months ago.
You do have a point on the Michael Bay part, though the video does go into a bit more detail on all this. But as I said earlier, get your salt grains at the door.

Though I'll say it again, I hope a trailer comes out soon.

Not

Banned
REEL IT BACK MARVEL

EDIT: Would be crazy to have 2 technically unreleased Fantastic Four movies, lol

Cheebo

Banned
You do have a point on the Michael Bay part, though the video does go into a bit more detail on all this.

Though I'll say it again, I hope a trailer comes out soon.

All that matters if you make money for the studio. They don't care if you do crazy stuff or do drugs. Chronicle made money so he got Fantastic Four. If it does well I am sure Fox would be happy to bring him back for a second, drug usage or otherwise.

To be fair, the names in the thread do check out with those producing the movie. Otherwise I wouldn't even both with that link.

No one in the thread is implying the film is in trouble though. Just that Trank is a wild drug user. Which is non-news. And nothing to threaten a movies release, especially a movie that finished production months ago. There was nothing posted that seems even remotely to match the speculation in that weird youtube video.

Edit this is what Josh Trank said on twitter:
Ok so maybe I was "high on set"
So what? Miles Teller was baked in nearly all of his scenes. Jamie Bell too. It's no big deal, guys
Jeez

And he is 100% correct. People losing their mind at hollywood types getting high? LOL

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What drug are we talking about? The Powder Cosmic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom