• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 4 Xbox One runs at ~1400x1080

i-Lo

No to COD:AW and I haven't seen a comparison for DAI yet.

To use Unity is joke.

GTAs frame rate is a wash. Its hit or miss on either platform.

And when did we get official DA:I frame rate tests?

Well, this is what has been said on Gamersyde by the site's uploader on PS4 version:

More Dragon Age: Inquisition on Gamersyde with the PS4 version of the game, which runs at 1080p with a bit more graphical effects than its Xbox One counterpart. On the other hand, we noticed the framerate was a bit less smooth on Sony's console and there seemed to be a bit more tearing. Nothing to be worried about though as all versions are solid and enjoyable from what we've seen. For those truly intested in technical comparisons, just wait for the Digital Foundry verdict, or check out all our videos and try to spot the differences yourselves.

Well, this is what has been said on Gamersyde by the site's uploader on PS4 version:

So by pattern you mean using one uploaders opinion without any tests conducted and tests that were actually made (Cod4, GTAV) didn't show the discrepancy in performance that you claimed in your original post?

Or observe how many games came out on a single date?

1712493_1712469_creeperjeff_by_pocky4th3win-d877h7q.jpg

Cuyejo

I haven't seen any tearing TBH, also the framerate has been rock solid for the most part, except for rare instances when driving too fast (streaming issues?) and one cutscene where it dipped noticeably. Game looks ace otherwise, foliage and LOD are the best I've seen on an open world game, there's no distinguishable pop in, there's even some nice use of parallax occlusion mapping on some textures.

Madness

XB1 is at least inching closer to full 1080p for all games.

Amirite?

Not that it really matters but it's true. Snark aside, people should be happy that the games are starting to find better workarounds to look the best it can be. Not mentioning parity and underutilizing PS4, but a xbox One releases are going from 720p, to 900p, to these dynamic scaling 1080p or horizontal 1080 games which actually look better than 900p.

Its just a fact though that Xbox One hardware is weaker and will always struggle to hit the same highs as PS4.

Elandyll

Banned
Or observe how many games came out on a single date?

Couldn't be that it came out nearly 2 months after FIFA and that tons of other games are crowding DF's time, could it?
Sure... Except that two days of the week were without new articles, and that they spent time going back on details when called out on it (vegetation for GTA V).

I don't see how having had FIFA 2 months ago is even relevant.

PES came out 10 days ago btw.

Caddle

I guess the people complaining the most about IQ haven't played the Xbox on a decent TV. Every game GAF complains about on the Xbox looks superb on my Panasonic 3d plasma. Change those bullshit led sets people.

crazyprac

I guess the people complaining the most about IQ haven't played the Xbox on a decent TV. Every game GAF complains about on the Xbox looks superb on my Panasonic 3d plasma. Change those bullshit led sets people.

Umm the difference is more obvious on better TVs...

i-Lo

So by pattern you mean using one uploaders opinion without any tests conducted and tests that were actually made (Cod4, GTAV) didn't show the discrepancy in performance that you claimed in your original post?

One uploader who has played the game to perhaps some respectable degree before making that comment. They have no affiliation with either MS or Sony (iirc). As for CoD, you can look up DF's videos and they do mention that in the drops are more noticeable.

But the key issue here is why does it exist to begin with? Given PS4's raw number advantage one would have hoped for better performance. Undoubtedly if all else were kept equal, PS4 would hold on to the better performance; the bump in resolution as well as added detail is giving an advantage that perhaps has no reason to exist.

I haven't seen any tearing TBH, also the framerate has been rock solid for the most part, except for rare instances when driving too fast (streaming issues?) and one cutscene where it dipped noticeably. Game looks ace otherwise, foliage and LOD are the best I've seen on an open world game, there's no distinguishable pop in, there's even some nice use of parallax occlusion mapping on some textures.

I concur. It is a monumental achievement. I think it's primarily because their eyes weren't bigger than their stomachs and kept the scope of the game withing technical bounds which can be improved upon in the next iteration (unlike ACU).

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Sure... Except that two days of the week were without new articles, and that they spent time going back on details when called out on it (vegetation for GTA V).

I don't see how having had FIFA 2 months ago is even relevant.

It makes the game pretty late to market in comparison. Also, DF only has so many people to go around. I'm guessing their priorities don't include PES 2015. I'm not sure why it has to be a conspiracy. I understand you don't like Richard Leadbetter, but he doesn't do all face-offs. One of DF's writers (dark10x who you may know here at GAF) has done some great work for them.

"Due to the higher resolution, there are dips on the PS4 where as the XB1 holds a steady framerate (relevant posted video shows otherwise). To sum up we find that largely both version perform similarly."

How long have I been calling out DF? Thank goodness people are starting to wake up.

Elandyll

Banned
It makes the game pretty late to market in comparison. Also, DF only has so many people to go around. I'm guessing their priorities don't include PES 2015. I'm not sure why it has to be a conspiracy. I understand you don't like Richard Leadbetter, but he doesn't do all face-offs. One of DF's writers (dark10x who you many know here at GAF) has done some great work for them.
And it's not even just the choice of games, the content itself is very suspect.
The most blatant to me has been the COD:AW face off, where the PS4 clearly dominates (the multi in particular), and they still manage to present the situation like a wash (placing the whole initial article under the banner of better fps on XB1 to boot - never mind the res or the vsync).

It just all cumulates to paint a picture where, while probably not outright bought out (that would surface sooner or later), DF seems generally all too eager to either try to please, or avoid displease at the very least, their friends over at Microsoft.

gioGAF

"Due to the higher resolution, there are dips on the PS4 where as the XB1 holds a steady framerate (relevant posted video shows otherwise). To sum up we find that largely both version perform similarly."
You forgot to include the zero credibility sig of the author:

Richard Leadbetter
MS Marketing Associate

Otherwise, that sounds about right. I also agree with the "suspiciously slow" comment.

Top Bottom